Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Mysteries of Moonsea?!?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

Brenigin
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
117 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2005 :  03:36:42  Show Profile  Visit Brenigin's Homepage Send Brenigin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Looks like all those prayers for a Moonsea sourcebook may be answered - I was looking at illustrator William O'Connor's site and found this:http://www.wocillo.com/moonsea.htm

I'm guessing it's the cover painting...anyone know ANYTHING?

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2005 :  05:19:24  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Of interest also, is this line taken from the products page on the same site -

quote:
Mysteries of the Moonsea (Dungeons & Dragons) (2006)-Wizards of the Coast-Cover Artist

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

webmanus
Learned Scribe

Sweden
338 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2005 :  05:30:17  Show Profile  Visit webmanus's Homepage Send webmanus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope it is a 320 page source book :)

/Webmanus

Link to my homepage: http://user.tninet.se/~bsu242v/
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2005 :  05:40:27  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope it would answer all the questions we have about the Moonsea, and pray it would be released at the beginning of 2006.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Brenigin
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
117 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2005 :  06:35:38  Show Profile  Visit Brenigin's Homepage Send Brenigin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Clearly, the procession on the bridge are Zhentarim/Banites - what with the beholders and what appears to be the holy symbol of Bane atop the leaders staff. What about the location? Could it be the Citadel of the Raven?
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2005 :  06:41:58  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can't wait to see it. Now if they would only give us a tentative product list for '06.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2005 :  08:00:13  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brenigin

Clearly, the procession on the bridge are Zhentarim/Banites - what with the beholders and what appears to be the holy symbol of Bane atop the leaders staff. What about the location? Could it be the Citadel of the Raven?

It look more like the symbol of Cyric to me....

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2005 :  08:27:47  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting..

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Eremite
Learned Scribe

Singapore
182 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2005 :  08:36:53  Show Profile  Visit Eremite's Homepage Send Eremite a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, this should be good. It's interesting that Sons of Gruumsh is set in the same area as this regional book which is following several months later.

John Terra, who wrote 2E's The Moonsea, was saying on the ENWorld website the other day that he would very much like to revisit this region for 3.5E. I wonder if he will get a guernsey?

Best
E
Go to Top of Page

Brenigin
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
117 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2005 :  09:46:57  Show Profile  Visit Brenigin's Homepage Send Brenigin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
It look more like the symbol of Cyric to me....

No, I think it is the Black Hand with rays of light radiating outwards, Bane's post-return symbol.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2005 :  11:20:36  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

This is absolutely wonderful. Thank ye for locating this, Brenigin and bringing the news over to Candlekeep.

The artwork is splendid! This product, if indeed a sourcebook on the Moonsea, is just what i've been hoping for

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2005 :  13:35:05  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brenigin

Looks like all those prayers for a Moonsea sourcebook may be answered - I was looking at illustrator William O'Connor's site and found this:http://www.wocillo.com/moonsea.htm

I'm guessing it's the cover painting...anyone know ANYTHING?

Yeah, I saw that image a few weeks ago and wondered if it was from an upcoming product or simply something from one of the Realms books I passed on.

Try emailing the author if he has any contact information on his site. I thought about doing that, but figured I'd run into an NDA type situation if it was from a new product. Worst case scenario, perhaps he'll tell you an estimated date of release....early 2006, mid-2006, etc.

SB
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2005 :  13:46:12  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At last something really juicy for the moonsea.

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2005 :  14:36:19  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I see it being a couple of things

1)Its a module, a Sequel to Sons of Gruumsh (Which is also set north of the Moonsea)

2) A Moonsea source book

3) A Novel, if I where placing bets Id put money on RA Salvatore if he does a follow up to Promise of the Witch King, runner up award would be a book by Richard Lee Byers (the Year of Rogue Dragon novels are set in the Moonsea region, and he has said he plans to write more Realms novels so maybe Mysteries of the moonsea is the title of his next novel....)

Just reread my post and I thought "Gee theres alot going on the Moonsea area at the moment.....

Richard Lee Byer are tearing up the North and Eastern ends of the region. Sons of Gruumsh seems to cover an Orc horde in the north of the Moonsea and Richard Bakers causing trouble in the Western and sourthern Moonsea with his trilogy of novels.......... I predict an FR Moonsea source book around the time Richard Bakers third Last Mythal novel comes out next year

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 11 Sep 2005 14:42:11
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2005 :  20:44:33  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

This is absolutely wonderful. Thank ye for locating this, Brenigin and bringing the news over to Candlekeep.

The artwork is splendid! This product, if indeed a sourcebook on the Moonsea, is just what i've been hoping for

Letting your inner Manshoon out a bit Alaundo?

<attempts to flee>

News of the Weird

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2005 :  21:05:51  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warlockco

Letting your inner Manshoon out a bit Alaundo?

<attempts to flee>

Well met

Not at all! My facination with the Zhentarim is totally in the name of research!

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2005 :  21:49:50  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo
Not at all! My facination with the Zhentarim is totally in the name of research!

Hence you got Manshoon in the archmage test....

I really do hope this is a Sourcebook and not a module.

News of the Weird

Edited by - warlockco on 11 Sep 2005 21:50:10
Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2005 :  02:50:25  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow. This is one of the best FR pic's I've seen in awhile! Looks like I may have a new desktop wallpaper at work!

Melfius, Pixie-Priest of Puck - Head Chef, The Faerie Kitchen, Candlekeep Inn
"What's in his pockets, besides me?"
Read a tale of my earlier days! - Happiness Comes in Small Packages
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2005 :  20:19:52  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eremite

Hmmm, this should be good. It's interesting that Sons of Gruumsh is set in the same area as this regional book which is following several months later.

I'm not surprised, since it's good marketing (apparently) to have a bunch of area tie-ins come out at the same time. Notice all the attention Waterdeep is getting lately?

Anyway, a Moonsea book would be a good thing, since it's one of those areas that could use an update.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2005 :  21:43:35  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now we shall await a new update for Amn and Tethyr. By Steven Schend, of course!

Melfius, Pixie-Priest of Puck - Head Chef, The Faerie Kitchen, Candlekeep Inn
"What's in his pockets, besides me?"
Read a tale of my earlier days! - Happiness Comes in Small Packages
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2005 :  02:16:48  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not before he completes the writing of BLACKSTAFF you mean.

The grand work and Steven's muse must remain uninterrupted.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Snotlord
Senior Scribe

Norway
476 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2005 :  21:48:50  Show Profile  Visit Snotlord's Homepage Send Snotlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A Moonsea sourcebook would be cool and very likely, judging by Dargoth's reasoning.
The cover was a winner as well, William O'Connor is one of my favorite D&D artists, and would love to see more of his work.

Great news
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2005 :  01:07:46  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very nice picture. I'm hoping for the sourcebook because as splendid as CoS was, I'd have liked to have seen another regional sourcebook in 2005.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2005 :  06:38:21  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just had a look at the body in the picture and noticed the corpses is holding as sword which probably rules outs Manshoon or Fzoul. Which gave a rather horrid thought........ I hope Richard Baker isnt planning on bumping off Scyllua Darkhope in books 3 of the Last Mythral series........

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2005 :  13:19:53  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Just had a look at the body in the picture and noticed the corpses is holding as sword which probably rules outs Manshoon or Fzoul. Which gave a rather horrid thought........ I hope Richard Baker isnt planning on bumping off Scyllua Darkhope in books 3 of the Last Mythral series........

Why not? I always smile when yet more Zhents bite the dust. I like reading about Zhents being slaughtered as much as the simbul likes slaying red wizards.

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2005 :  00:31:23  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by khorne

quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Why not? I always smile when yet more Zhents bite the dust. I like reading about Zhents being slaughtered as much as the simbul likes slaying red wizards.

If they do kill her, I hope they bring her back as Death Knight then.

News of the Weird

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2005 :  19:39:38  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rich has basically confirmed this is a product for 2006. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2005 :  21:35:49  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Only a coment, so:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaabadaaaaaabaaaaaaa-doooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Chosen of Moradin, a very happy dwarf

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2005 :  23:32:18  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Has he offered up any further info on it?

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2005 :  23:34:47  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Not at this time. He just said, yes it's a sourcebook for 2006.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2005 :  01:06:11  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Not at this time. He just said, yes it's a sourcebook for 2006.

Well, that's a bit of info right there: it's a sourcebook, not a novel or module.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000