Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Slowed to a crawl?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2008 :  00:42:55  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So, now that there are no plans for printed FR products anymore (except, I think, an adventure... unless that's out already), does this forum seem to be moving WAY slower then it used to?

We have the only two books that they plan, so now this entire sub-forum is kinda wasted, except for discussion of older products.

I guess the DDi material could be talked about here, but that seems more like something for the 'news and announcments'.

I'm just throwing this out there, because of the new design goals of WotC, perhaps we sould be thinking about what forums should go or be combined in CK 2.0.

For instance, would the DDi stuff go here, or in the 'Computer Software' section? Its certainly not computer Software (although some of it could be), but it is 'digital lore', which we have no current sub-forum for.

Just some things to think about. I wasn't sure if this should go here or in the Site Forum, but I thought of it while in here, looking for anything new coming down the pipe... there used to be a lot going on here, but not so much anymore.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 25 Oct 2008 00:44:35

Ladejarl
Seeker

Norway
55 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2008 :  01:12:06  Show Profile  Visit Ladejarl's Homepage Send Ladejarl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This sub-forum has probably played out it's usefulness. DDI articles should be discussed in the D&D core forum.

"There should be much less violence, and more nudity and kinkiness in the world."
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2008 :  01:43:08  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think there's any need to close this sub-forum just yet. Scribes need a place were they they can discuss the FRCG and the FRPG. I mean, we still have discussions pop up about previously released 3e Realms products occasionally, and even some from earlier editions. I'd imagine the 4e books will also experience much the same.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Eremite
Learned Scribe

Singapore
182 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2008 :  06:03:21  Show Profile  Visit Eremite's Homepage Send Eremite a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why not consolidate some of the sub-forums anyway? There is a fair bit of overlap already so why not make it tidier?

Best
E
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2008 :  06:08:19  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sure Alaundo will consider some of this when the final restructuring of the Forums takes place in preparation for Candlekeep 2: The Prophecies of Alaundo.

Edited by - The Sage on 25 Oct 2008 06:10:23
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2008 :  05:21:16  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know how this works - first you give us 2.0 and we're all happy, and then about ten years from now you hit us with 3.0, and then just a couple years later its 4.0, and then 5.0...

Where does the madness end?

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 26 Oct 2008 15:12:47
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2008 :  07:35:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ha!

**Little does Markus realise that the Sage is secretly plotting away on a nefarious scheme to strike down Alaundo the Seer once Candlekeep 4 is born.

History will call this prophetic event the Scrollplague. Loremasters in years to come will reflect on the devastating period of chaotic knowledge when all scrolls throughout the halls of Candlekeep burst their bonds, and areas of wild chatter began raging across the virtual landscape. Some shelves would be affected, while the Scrollplague itself left others untouched. Select scrolls would be mutated by the event, transformed into hideous collections of idle and innane off-topicness that bore little to no resemblance of their former selves. And, perhaps most tragic of all, certain areas of the library would be transposed with portions of the Wizards forum, bringing strange and unusual posters into the hallowed halls of knowledge, and with them, topics and discussions of Realmslore that would otherwise be considered alien to the scribes of Candlekeep.

Edited by - The Sage on 26 Oct 2008 07:38:16
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2008 :  14:34:13  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Ha!

**Little does Markus realise that the Sage is secretly plotting away on a nefarious scheme to strike down Alaundo the Seer once Candlekeep 4 is born.

History will call this prophetic event the Scrollplague. Loremasters in years to come will reflect on the devastating period of chaotic knowledge when all scrolls throughout the halls of Candlekeep burst their bonds, and areas of wild chatter began raging across the virtual landscape. Some shelves would be affected, while the Scrollplague itself left others untouched. Select scrolls would be mutated by the event, transformed into hideous collections of idle and innane off-topicness that bore little to no resemblance of their former selves. And, perhaps most tragic of all, certain areas of the library would be transposed with portions of the Wizards forum, bringing strange and unusual posters into the hallowed halls of knowledge, and with them, topics and discussions of Realmslore that would otherwise be considered alien to the scribes of Candlekeep.

Right. Like that's not going on right now.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2008 :  15:17:03  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Too Funny.

Right after I posted that, I was thinking what (CK) 4.0 would be like, and then I thougt "very little actual content with tons and tons of fighting between the scribes."

Sure you're not getting that same informative feeling you used to get, but hey, you get to 'encounter' other scribes over and over and over again.

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2008 :  02:37:58  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ha!

-Hmm...I better get in on this while the getting's good.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2008 :  10:59:49  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ha!

I'm a little late, but this was just what I needed to read after a hard hour of shoveling snow at work.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2008 :  13:27:21  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad you enjoyed it.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2008 :  15:37:21  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

I'm a little late, but this was just what I needed to read after a hard hour of shoveling snow at work.

While we are on the subject...

Could you STOP sending it down to us?

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2008 :  17:40:38  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

While we are on the subject...

Could you STOP sending it down to us?

Hey, I'll take some of that snow!

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2008 :  19:50:08  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seriuosly, every night on the news it's the same thing - "...a cold front moving down from Canada..."

I mean, come on! What did we ever do to you? You got the best part of Niagra!

Tell you what - if you stop sending that stuff down to us, we'll give you Alaska.

You can have it all, including one wacky broad....

Edited by - Markustay on 31 Oct 2008 19:50:29
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2008 :  20:28:57  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And that's enough of the real-world political references, thank you.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000