Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Slowed to a crawl?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Markustay Posted - 25 Oct 2008 : 00:42:55
So, now that there are no plans for printed FR products anymore (except, I think, an adventure... unless that's out already), does this forum seem to be moving WAY slower then it used to?

We have the only two books that they plan, so now this entire sub-forum is kinda wasted, except for discussion of older products.

I guess the DDi material could be talked about here, but that seems more like something for the 'news and announcments'.

I'm just throwing this out there, because of the new design goals of WotC, perhaps we sould be thinking about what forums should go or be combined in CK 2.0.

For instance, would the DDi stuff go here, or in the 'Computer Software' section? Its certainly not computer Software (although some of it could be), but it is 'digital lore', which we have no current sub-forum for.

Just some things to think about. I wasn't sure if this should go here or in the Site Forum, but I thought of it while in here, looking for anything new coming down the pipe... there used to be a lot going on here, but not so much anymore.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 31 Oct 2008 : 20:28:57
And that's enough of the real-world political references, thank you.
Markustay Posted - 31 Oct 2008 : 19:50:08
Seriuosly, every night on the news it's the same thing - "...a cold front moving down from Canada..."

I mean, come on! What did we ever do to you? You got the best part of Niagra!

Tell you what - if you stop sending that stuff down to us, we'll give you Alaska.

You can have it all, including one wacky broad....
Wooly Rupert Posted - 29 Oct 2008 : 17:40:38
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

I'm a little late, but this was just what I needed to read after a hard hour of shoveling snow at work.

While we are on the subject...

Could you STOP sending it down to us?

Hey, I'll take some of that snow!
Markustay Posted - 29 Oct 2008 : 15:37:21
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

I'm a little late, but this was just what I needed to read after a hard hour of shoveling snow at work.

While we are on the subject...

Could you STOP sending it down to us?
The Sage Posted - 29 Oct 2008 : 13:27:21
Glad you enjoyed it.
Alisttair Posted - 29 Oct 2008 : 10:59:49
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Ha!

**Little does Markus realise that the Sage is secretly plotting away on a nefarious scheme to strike down Alaundo the Seer once Candlekeep 4 is born.

History will call this prophetic event the Scrollplague. Loremasters in years to come will reflect on the devastating period of chaotic knowledge when all scrolls throughout the halls of Candlekeep burst their bonds, and areas of wild chatter began raging across the virtual landscape. Some shelves would be affected, while the Scrollplague itself left others untouched. Select scrolls would be mutated by the event, transformed into hideous collections of idle and innane off-topicness that bore little to no resemblance of their former selves. And, perhaps most tragic of all, certain areas of the library would be transposed with portions of the Wizards forum, bringing strange and unusual posters into the hallowed halls of knowledge, and with them, topics and discussions of Realmslore that would otherwise be considered alien to the scribes of Candlekeep.

Lord Karsus Posted - 29 Oct 2008 : 02:37:58
quote:

Ha!

**Little does Markus realise that the Sage is secretly plotting away on a nefarious scheme to strike down Alaundo the Seer once Candlekeep 4 is born.

History will call this prophetic event the Scrollplague. Loremasters in years to come will reflect on the devastating period of chaotic knowledge when all scrolls throughout the halls of Candlekeep burst their bonds, and areas of wild chatter began raging across the virtual landscape. Some shelves would be affected, while the Scrollplague itself left others untouched. Select scrolls would be mutated by the event, transformed into hideous collections of idle and innane off-topicness that bore little to no resemblance of their former selves. And, perhaps most tragic of all, certain areas of the library would be transposed with portions of the Wizards forum, bringing strange and unusual posters into the hallowed halls of knowledge, and with them, topics and discussions of Realmslore that would otherwise be considered alien to the scribes of Candlekeep.

-Hmm...I better get in on this while the getting's good.
Markustay Posted - 26 Oct 2008 : 15:17:03
Too Funny.

Right after I posted that, I was thinking what (CK) 4.0 would be like, and then I thougt "very little actual content with tons and tons of fighting between the scribes."

Sure you're not getting that same informative feeling you used to get, but hey, you get to 'encounter' other scribes over and over and over again.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 26 Oct 2008 : 14:34:13
quote:

Ha!

Right. Like that's not going on right now.
The Sage Posted - 26 Oct 2008 : 07:35:02
Ha!

Markustay Posted - 26 Oct 2008 : 05:21:16
I know how this works - first you give us 2.0 and we're all happy, and then about ten years from now you hit us with 3.0, and then just a couple years later its 4.0, and then 5.0...

Where does the madness end?

The Sage Posted - 25 Oct 2008 : 06:08:19
I'm sure Alaundo will consider some of this when the final restructuring of the Forums takes place in preparation for Candlekeep 2: The Prophecies of Alaundo.
Eremite Posted - 25 Oct 2008 : 06:03:21
Why not consolidate some of the sub-forums anyway? There is a fair bit of overlap already so why not make it tidier?
The Sage Posted - 25 Oct 2008 : 01:43:08
I don't think there's any need to close this sub-forum just yet. Scribes need a place were they they can discuss the FRCG and the FRPG. I mean, we still have discussions pop up about previously released 3e Realms products occasionally, and even some from earlier editions. I'd imagine the 4e books will also experience much the same.
Ladejarl Posted - 25 Oct 2008 : 01:12:06
This sub-forum has probably played out it's usefulness. DDI articles should be discussed in the D&D core forum.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000