Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Mysteries of Moonsea?!?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2005 :  01:07:27  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now if we can just get him to confirm whether its a Regional or General FR source book..........

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2005 :  01:30:19  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Rich has basically confirmed this is a product for 2006. :)

Has he offered up any further info on it?

Not at this time. He just said, yes it's a sourcebook for 2006.

Well, that's a bit of info right there: it's a sourcebook, not a novel or module.

Well he didn't specifically say it was a sourcebook. He just said, "Yes, pretty much." Meaning yes it's for 2006. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2005 :  21:31:25  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mysteries of the Moonsea is listed in Amazon as a 160 page book with the following authors: Thomas Reid, Sean K Reynolds, Darrin Drader and Will Upchurch.

Here´s the link.

Chosen of Moradin

P.S.: someone can send me a private message, or an e-mail, teaching me how I can put that pretty and organized hyperlinks in my posts, to don´t be necessary anymore I copy an extense and "ugly" link like that above?
Thanks in advance

Edit: Fixed the ugly URL.

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 30 Sep 2005 23:13:01
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2005 :  23:13:55  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chosen, in case the email didn't come thru correctly, you can edit or quote your above post and see what I did. That was how I learned that trick.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2005 :  23:31:34  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent!

Let the poking of Thomas and Sean commence!

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Snotlord
Senior Scribe

Norway
476 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  08:03:47  Show Profile  Visit Snotlord's Homepage Send Snotlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am so glad to see Sean return to FR. The 3e Lords of Darkness and the FRCS are among my favorite FR books.
Go to Top of Page

Thysl
Seeker

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  08:19:57  Show Profile  Visit Thysl's Homepage Send Thysl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I am so glad to see Sean return to FR. The 3e Lords of Darkness and the FRCS are among my favorite FR books.

Agreed!!

*gets out his poking stick*
HEEERRREEE MR. Reynolds, Mr. Reid, you got sum 'splainin' to do!!!

There are as many nights as days, and the one is just as long as the other in the year's course. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word 'happy' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.
--Carl Jung

Edited by - Thysl on 01 Oct 2005 08:21:06
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  10:19:36  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Snotlord

As long as he doesn't mess things up again.
SKR is good, but his track record with the Realms, leaves alot to be desired.

I have several of his non-FR products, just seems since 3E everytime he gets involved with the Realms, something "whacked" happens.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  16:17:31  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warlockco

quote:
Originally posted by Snotlord

As long as he doesn't mess things up again.
SKR is good, but his track record with the Realms, leaves alot to be desired.

I have several of his non-FR products, just seems since 3E everytime he gets involved with the Realms, something "whacked" happens.

Indeed.

::holds up billboard which says "No more planar changes please!"::

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 01 Oct 2005 16:19:38
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2005 :  00:37:27  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My wish list for Mysteries of the Moonsea

1) Info on Banes Return

2) A Champions of Ruin style write up for Zhentarim and Church of Bane (In the long format not the short one)

3) A detailed description of Modern day Phlan. The Old SSI game Pool of Radiance was my intro to the Realms and Im keen to see what theyve done to the city

Also I wonder if Mysteries of the Moonsea will cover any of the neigbouring regions like The Ride (Which Im pretty sure has never been detailed) and Vaasa

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2005 :  06:33:20  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

My wish list for Mysteries of the Moonsea

1) Info on Banes Return

2) A Champions of Ruin style write up for Zhentarim and Church of Bane (In the long format not the short one)

3) A detailed description of Modern day Phlan. The Old SSI game Pool of Radiance was my intro to the Realms and Im keen to see what theyve done to the city

Also I wonder if Mysteries of the Moonsea will cover any of the neigbouring regions like The Ride (Which Im pretty sure has never been detailed) and Vaasa

Based on the cover art we've seen, I think we can expect to see some info on the Zhentarim and the Church of Bane. Maybe we'll get some new feats and prestige classes too! (can you sense my sarcasm?) Although I do like the regional feats; they have done a good job of encouraging regional roleplaying in my group.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2005 :  06:43:09  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xysma

Maybe we'll get some new feats and prestige classes too! (can you sense my sarcasm?)

New feats and Prestige Classes? Nah, they'd never do that!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 02 Oct 2005 06:43:30
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2005 :  04:15:29  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I think the PrC well has run dry by now. (sarcasm).

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2005 :  05:04:43  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Specialty Priests for each of the gods would be nice though.
But that would be for a different book though.

There is always room for PrCs as long as they are revalent, and not just carbon copies of something else.
If they are going to carbon copy something, they should do like Shining South did and have a side bar that says, use X PrC from X Book, and make the following changes.
Yes, it does make you have to buy other books for the PrCs (if you want them), and at the same time it saves word count/pages for other stuff.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document

Edited by - warlockco on 03 Oct 2005 05:05:07
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2005 :  05:47:04  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warlockco

quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Specialty Priests for each of the gods would be nice though.
But that would be for a different book though.

There is always room for PrCs as long as they are revalent, and not just carbon copies of something else.
If they are going to carbon copy something, they should do like Shining South did and have a side bar that says, use X PrC from X Book, and make the following changes.
Yes, it does make you have to buy other books for the PrCs (if you want them), and at the same time it saves word count/pages for other stuff.

I can agree with you on all points -- particularly the specialty priests one. It took specialty priests to even get me to pay attention to clerics...

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2005 :  05:57:19  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love the Moonstar PrC from CoS.

I just don't like the endless, superfluous PrCs.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2005 :  11:23:16  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Getting back on topic, I do find myself wanting to know if a single NPC from the original Moonsea supplement will be in this one: Thud the minotaur.

Go to Top of Page

Snotlord
Senior Scribe

Norway
476 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2005 :  13:46:21  Show Profile  Visit Snotlord's Homepage Send Snotlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I must say I'm really getting worked up by this upcoming book. The cover really want me to return to my old Cormyr campaign, as the characters has made alot of enemies from the Moonsea region, and break-and-entering into Zhentil Keep or any of Fzoul's other stronghold should be a worthy task.

As for Sean's earlier work, well, I obviously like it. The planar stuff was well executed (given the pagecount), and I refuse to believe he nuked the great wheel all by himself, even if he did the actual writing. His realmslore seems good to me, and his crunch is rock solid. I welcome his return.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2005 :  13:47:57  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Getting back on topic, I do find myself wanting to know if a single NPC from the original Moonsea supplement will be in this one: Thud the minotaur.

For me, I'm hoping that we'll at least see a revised political map of the region... reflecting some of the changes that have occured since the printing of the last sourcebook on the Moonsea.

Or, failing that, I'd like to see an updated "Moonsea Miscellany".

Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2005 :  14:58:30  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Chosen, in case the email didn't come thru correctly, you can edit or quote your above post and see what I did. That was how I learned that trick.

Wooly, thank you, mischief maker and computer helper! The mail came correctly, and finally I learn the trick!

And about the book, I stay very happy, too, when I see Sean name listed as an author. I expect the best for this book!!!

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2005 :  17:16:38  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Moradin

quote:

Wooly, thank you, mischief maker and computer helper! The mail came correctly, and finally I learn the trick!

Not a problem. I'm here to help and have fun!

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2005 :  17:18:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

For me, I'm hoping that we'll at least see a revised political map of the region... reflecting some of the changes that have occured since the printing of the last sourcebook on the Moonsea.

Or, failing that, I'd like to see an updated "Moonsea Miscellany".

I'm hoping for that stuff, too. But I really want to see Thud get updated along with everything else. Because of the minotaur I played, I've paid attention to other minotaurs in the Realms. There's not many of them that are named NPCs -- so I want to see this guy get brought to 3E.

Go to Top of Page

jameslt0
Seeker

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2005 :  00:50:53  Show Profile  Visit jameslt0's Homepage Send jameslt0 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My wish list for Mysteries of Moonsea

DRAGONS! :)

I want more info on FR dragons.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2005 :  02:09:13  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jameslt0

My wish list for Mysteries of Moonsea

DRAGONS! :)

I want more info on FR dragons.

::Quickly huddles jameslt0 into the corner of an infrequently used hallway::

"Psst! You didn't hear this from me, but you might want to keep an eye or three out for the next issue of the Candlekeep Compendium -- it'll likely have what you're looking for... ."

::Looks around quickly before leaving jameslt0 to ponder those cryptic words. The Sage then decidedly wanders off to resume whatever duties the Bearded Master Moderator has assigned to him::

Edited by - The Sage on 13 Oct 2005 02:10:54
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2005 :  02:18:21  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another thing Im really hoping we'll see in Mysteries of Moonsea or in a MoM WE is a current organisation chart for the Zhentarim

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2005 :  02:32:55  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am so looking forward to this tome - it's far time that they focus a bit on this region and bring everything up to speed. And plus, Zhentil Keep is currently active in my game and I need some new resource material.

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2005 :  06:45:52  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Another thing Im really hoping we'll see in Mysteries of Moonsea or in a MoM WE is a current organisation chart for the Zhentarim

Do you know that Ed actually revamped that Zhentarim organisation chart in one of his "Everwinking Eye" Polyhedron articles? Stuff like the assassins known as "the Three" being replaced by another group known as "the Five Moons" (or somesuch) and some details re some of the mid-tier Zhentarim mages. I wonder if the writers/designers had a read of that article ... likely not given its obscurity.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2005 :  08:14:55  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:

Do you know that Ed actually revamped that Zhentarim organisation chart in one of his "Everwinking Eye" Polyhedron articles? Stuff like the assassins known as "the Three" being replaced by another group known as "the Five Moons" (or somesuch) and some details re some of the mid-tier Zhentarim mages. I wonder if the writers/designers had a read of that article ... likely not given its obscurity.

-- George Krashos

Dont believe Ive seen that one

I recall theres a diagram in FR Adventures and the old Castles boxset which covered Darkhold. Theres also a text description in Clock and Dagger.

but what I really want is one for 1374/74 after all the Return of Bane has changed alot of stuff and going off Malichors entry in City of Splendors it sounds like the Banites are getting the upperhand in Darkhold and as such Id say things have changed enough that we need a new diagram

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

334 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2005 :  19:08:16  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Zhentarim do not get that sort of detailed treatment in this product. I did the work on the Zhentil Keep portion of MotM, and I had to split my page count among numerous things. Thus, much of what appeared in previous 3E stuff about the Black Network (like in Lords of Darkness) still stands, and I reference people to that a few times. Mysteries of the Moonsea is a different sort of product. It was a lot of fun to work on, but it's not a standard regional sourcebook that you're used to seeing from Wizards. There's less crunch and more adventure material.

Thomas

"A knight is not truly virtuous, only truly resolved to be so."

www.thomasmreid.com

Edited by - Thomas M. Reid on 15 Oct 2005 19:08:57
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2005 :  19:36:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas M. Reid

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Zhentarim do not get that sort of detailed treatment in this product. I did the work on the Zhentil Keep portion of MotM, and I had to split my page count among numerous things. Thus, much of what appeared in previous 3E stuff about the Black Network (like in Lords of Darkness) still stands, and I reference people to that a few times. Mysteries of the Moonsea is a different sort of product. It was a lot of fun to work on, but it's not a standard regional sourcebook that you're used to seeing from Wizards. There's less crunch and more adventure material.

Thomas

So would this be more similar to how Silver Marches was done, then? Or still different?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000