Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Sword enthusists anywhere?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2006 :  06:26:58  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
stab them in the jaw....with a really big sword...a really really big sword...in the jaw....yeah...i went there lol

Unofficial Random Hiatus Taker.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2006 :  20:56:48  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I could only put the vorpal property on my sword, the fact that it isn't sharpened wouldn't matter.....oh shoot wait....it's not a masterwork, it can't be enchanted...darn

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2006 :  23:47:42  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lol it happens to the best of us Alisttair

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2006 :  19:59:52  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My brother in law showed me his sword....unfortunately we cannot duel because it would break mine...it weighs more....I think it's a bastard sword :P

Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2006 :  22:15:15  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i just acquired the "swing blades" from the movie Chronicles of Riddik and a Claymore longsword...

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2006 :  15:13:10  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Genis

i just acquired the "swing blades" from the movie Chronicles of Riddik and a Claymore longsword...

Sweet...I wanna get a lightsaber, those are sweet...expensive enough but sweet.

Go to Top of Page

Raelan
Acolyte

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2006 :  10:20:55  Show Profile  Visit Raelan's Homepage Send Raelan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a completely fake-ass show dagger (lol), a craptastic throwing knife, a non-functional falchion (made in Pakistan, whoohoo!), and one very good functional blade: a bastard sword/early claymore made in Toledo, Spain and modeled off the the one from Braveheart.

EDIT: The bastard sword isn't sharpened.

"I am convinced that one of these days I will be able to run a regular game that doesn't fall apart due to scheduling conflicts. I am also convinced that, on this day, hell will freeze over."

Edited by - Raelan on 17 Sep 2006 10:29:40
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2006 :  19:59:40  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I want a mace!!

Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2006 :  22:04:10  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
a mace or flail would be wicked sweet :P

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2006 :  02:53:17  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

a mace or flail would be wicked sweet :P

My brother just showed off his Indiana Jones whip. Thinking about that and a flail, I'd love to have a Flail of Ages from BG CRPG (the one with multiple flails for multiple elements)...I would never want to see a Cleric of Lolth's flail....I hate serpents

Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2006 :  03:07:53  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lol you mean one of there snake headed whips? or do they have a flail like that too?

Go to Top of Page

Ranin
Seeker

88 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2006 :  04:45:55  Show Profile  Visit Ranin's Homepage Send Ranin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A while ago a bought a display Renaissance Toledo sword from Medieval Times. Its pretty unwieldly, just for show. Much later I bought a Japanese Wakizashi from an antique store. (which broke and was incredibly old and rusted with age, yet it retained its edge and I used it to swipe oranges off trees :D)

My fav. weapon would have to be a saber or elven-made blade. Light, it could cut the opponent before he can strike with a lumbering weapon.

Listen to the silence of the wilds, in there lies the wisdom of ages.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2006 :  13:47:39  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

lol you mean one of there snake headed whips? or do they have a flail like that too?

Yeah the whip my bad...similar weapons kinda.

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2006 :  13:48:31  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ranin

A while ago a bought a display Renaissance Toledo sword from Medieval Times. Its pretty unwieldly, just for show. Much later I bought a Japanese Wakizashi from an antique store. (which broke and was incredibly old and rusted with age, yet it retained its edge and I used it to swipe oranges off trees :D)

My fav. weapon would have to be a saber or elven-made blade. Light, it could cut the opponent before he can strike with a lumbering weapon.

Ever get your hands on a Katana?

Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2006 :  01:36:17  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i have three katana's a wakisashi and a tanto...."the three different sizes of the katana" and then a bunch of other stuff...and im still working on getting more!!!

Mod Edit: Edited for content.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 20 Sep 2006 03:35:26
Go to Top of Page

Eremite
Learned Scribe

Singapore
182 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2006 :  09:07:23  Show Profile  Visit Eremite's Homepage Send Eremite a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was over in Istanbul, Turkey a few weeks ago and fell in love with several 100+ year old swords in the enormous markets that they have there.

I have promised myself that if the business deal I am working on works out then I will use part of my share of the profits to acquire one or two of them. Basically they are sabres, I think, both naval officer and cavalry types (I could be wrong as I don't know much about swords).

Best
E
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2006 :  13:26:02  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A nice Lance would be good too.

Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2006 :  23:35:08  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
a nice lance would be sweet

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2006 :  17:42:19  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like to get my hands on Twinkle and Icingdeath though.

Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2006 :  15:18:39  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Let's see, I've got a greatsword, a longsword, a greataxe, a battleaxe, a flail, a kukri, a club, a crossbow, and a dagger. I've got many more weapons, but those are the ones from the PHB. One of the guys in my group is a welder and he's been making some really cool maces, I'm trying to get him to make one for me.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Spazz Mattok
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2006 :  17:57:35  Show Profile  Visit Spazz Mattok's Homepage Send Spazz Mattok a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey I'm new and this side board caught my eye I haven't read all of the other posts but I get the just. Scimitars and Daggers are the best, but Halberds are good to. Ok this is kinda off topic but for those of us that like Final Fantasy VII I found Clouds sword and a bunch of other Final Fantasy charcters swords

Hey I need some help getting my forum started up so if I could get some help with it that would be awesome. To get to the forum you have to go through my website the 1st time it's just easier click the link thing above this post when you get to the web site look around if you want or just click on the forum link. The forums called Legends Guild. Thanks for the help guys and girls

Feel the cold sting of my blade!

Edited by - Spazz Mattok on 27 Sep 2006 18:02:11
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2006 :  02:28:48  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In Lord of the Rings, the elven warriors had swords where the hilts were as long as the blades. Is there a D&D equilavent? That blade had a cool look to it.

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2006 :  04:11:58  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yeah i agree those blades were sweet....it was like a recurved hilt katana kinda thing...but they were sweet....and idk about the d and d eqivalent

Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2006 :  04:12:50  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
and about the final fantasy swords i saw a buster sword and sepherothes sword in some store in Minneapolis

Go to Top of Page

ShadowJack
Senior Scribe

USA
350 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2006 :  12:39:34  Show Profile  Visit ShadowJack's Homepage Send ShadowJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello,

If I may be allowed to weigh in: First let me say that the swords and medieval weapons offered by Museum Replicas used to be great weapons for the money, their quality has slipped a little here recently. Almost all of my swords come from them. I have been collecting for fifteen years now, whenever I could scrape together enough money to buy one. So far I have a medieval short sword (my best sword)a grosse messer, (think two-handed falchion) a falchion, a flanged mace, an anelace (which is really disappointing)a german bastard sword, a sword-hilted dagger, a 1917 cutlass from Cold Steel, (excellent, but their prices have gone through the roof)a Cold Steel assegai spear, riflemans hawk (tomahawk) and a warhammer that Cold Steel makes that is awesome, and very affordable! I also have a Kite Shield that my father and I made many moons ago, very nice really, for a do-it-yourself project. Finally, my latest acquisition is another Museum Replicas piece that has almost restored their reputation in my eyes; a pole axe that they started offering about a year ago. This piece is great! of course I had to wait six months for the back-order...
Anyway, all of this to say that I love medieval weapons! There is nothing like being able to handle and swing a well-made replica sword...

ShadowJack
Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2006 :  00:15:21  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Execellent!!! i am firmilliar with all of those except the anelace?...i have links to many websites that i frequently visit such as cold steel and other such companys....does museum rplicas have a website and would you be kind enough to give me the link? yeah....ive built some wooden shields here and there but i want to find a well made one somewhere....and i agree the quality and authentisity of a lot of the swords you can find is so little....and you cant find anything leather that looks or feels as it should...its all so fake and plasticy...and maybe im picky but a lot of swords dont meet up to my expectation on...quality...they never seem real enough....but one in a while you come by some that are....and im sure you agree when i say battle ready full tang is almost the only way to go

Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2006 :  10:25:21  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As everyone is listing their Arms chache'

Ihave the folowing:

Kukri or if your being correct Khukuri. Original authentic.
A Spanish Rapier made in Toledo. authentic.
Scottish Bastard Sword. Copy.
Claymore ( Scottish broad sword copy).
Great Sword ( Scottish Braveheart copy).
5 x Bowie knives.
Fantasy War Axe.
3 piece Bamboo Katana Set mounted on stand.
3 piece Samurai set. copy.
The Last Samurai Katana on stand.

That's all for now but I am always looking for a good bargin on ebay for more.

My next piece to buy though is a Full set of Knight Templar Arms & Armour.
Followed by a Roman Centurion Arms & Armour.

I'm Back!
Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2006 :  17:29:24  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ha i plan on buying both those sets of armour...i have always been a fan of the nights templar and who doesnt want Roman Centurion stuff? lol i mean come on it awesome....yeah i alread said what i have but its my thread so i can do it again! i have a katana, wakisashi, and a tanto....2 sets of those, a Washingtop DC greatswrod??? i know thats weird, a claymore"same as yours im sure", a "Sword of the archer" short sword, a crazy scimitar/machete thing, a cutlass, a bunch more lil short swords"some with serated edges some leaf blades...etc" a few long swords, a claymore dagger, some spanish looking dagger, an oriental ceremonial dress sword, the two swingblades from Chronicles of Riddik"there super cool!", yeah i dont have much variation for other kinds of weapons but i am still undoubedly enamored by those as well and in time i hope to aquire a broader range of weapons and expecially armour....peace

Go to Top of Page

Aglaranna
Learned Scribe

166 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2006 :  00:20:14  Show Profile  Visit Aglaranna's Homepage Send Aglaranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a sword obsession that runs pretty deep in the family; my mum had a collection that got stolen some time ago. I have swords hanging on my walls as often as I can, though. Cheap swords, yes, but they're right up there with trashed books with ruined covers and ripped pages, which I'll take a steady died of(obviously, my job doesn't pay much; I get the smallest share of the loot. *sighs melodramatically* Alas, I make up for it by not attempting to mantain my sanity.) Right now I have a miniature saber, which I named Lion's Gem(yes, I NAME my swords, and they ALL have magical enchantments! Lion's Gem is a pretty sucky weopon, though; it's not even +1...), a 19th century European rapier called Silverthorn(+4), a cutlass named Sparrow(+2), and a dagger that has no purpose whatsoever, it's just pretty. I named it "Dagger With No Name". It has personal relations with the Man With No Name, you see, although I'm not sure the time eras are appropriate...

"You can choose a ready guide
In some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice

You can choose from phantom fears
And kindness that can kill
I will choose the path that's clear
I will choose freewill." -'Freewill' by Rush
Go to Top of Page

ShadowJack
Senior Scribe

USA
350 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2006 :  12:39:17  Show Profile  Visit ShadowJack's Homepage Send ShadowJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Genis,

Yes, Museum Replicas has a website. It is www.museumreplicas.com they are a division of Atlanta Cutlery. Fifteen years ago their weapons were top quality and authentic. The prices were not horrible either. Now, I feel that the quality of some of their pieces has slid downhill. Although the pole-axe I just received from them is impeccable. Check them out. An anelace is a sword that length-wise is in between a long dagger and a short sword. It is similar to-and may be a fore-runner of the italian Cinquedea, or "five-finger blade". For fun, you can also check out a company called Del Tin from Italy. Nice stuff, very expensive...

ShadowJack
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000