Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Coolest/Lamest and more interesting stuff you did?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

VonRaventheDaring
Learned Scribe

USA
197 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2006 :  15:38:20  Show Profile  Visit VonRaventheDaring's Homepage Send VonRaventheDaring a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Okay i am just curious as to what the coolest lamest or more interesting things you have done while you were playing or had your character do. I will say the coolest thing i did was with my Theif/Priest (2nd Edition) conqured BattleDale. Of course the lamest thing was i lost Battle dale not to enemies from without(although i fought off two invasions) but to a fellow player who i gave hap too he conqured FeatherDale and ScarDale and then made me succeed or die. All in all it was a cool fun time, i actually liked my character as the unseated Count (yes i called him Count Victor Vonraven).

"Develop the latent abilities within you for that is your power alone. Psionics is the ultimate art of magic and you are its practitioner. Through lifelong dedication, strive to unite your will with your physical form to become one. Only through the unrestrained union of one’s mind and body can the magic of psionics truly be mastered. Throw off the yoke of any who would impose tyranny upon you. Likewise, do not ever force another to submit to your will. Free your mind, free yourself and you have only just begun the path to true psionic mastery. Free others, open their minds to the Invisible Art, and you will show them way to Auppenser."
---Dogma of the Church of Auppenser

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2006 :  15:43:36  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The coolest thing I ever saw a character do, and I was almost falling off my chair laighing so hard, was this:

in the Abyss, during "For Duty and Deity" in the big-ass final battle with the malirith, the party's thief, realizing he was unable to really do damage to the thing, decided he could at least hinder the malirith. And this he did, by emptying his large sack and pulling it over the malirith's head. It was kinda pointless, but it distracted the demon for one combat round...

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1073 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2006 :  15:57:53  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lamest : I jumped out a window, with a ring of elemental air (2nd edition), and activated feather fall, within a large antimagic area.

Lamest : I attacked Elminster (MISTAKE IT WAS DARK), we were attacked by Drows under (caves) shadowdale(Tower of Ashaba), and suddenly this old man with long white hair just stod there with a wand in his hand.

Coolest : Revenge one a player carekter, who tried to kill me. Resurrected his greatest enemy Lord Hextor a Talos Avenger.

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1

Edited by - Victor_ograygor on 24 Oct 2006 19:17:18
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2006 :  16:03:13  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My 16th level giant hating ranger dove out of a tower window down onto a fire giant that was invading my protected lands. I took the falling damage, but the giant took half my falling damage, plus the damage from my bastard sword, and my ranger bonus from attacking a giant (1st edition ranger, +16 on damage against his favored enemy). I got the better end of the deal.
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2006 :  16:10:59  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lamest thing: to be very heroic my barbarian wanted to join a tavern brawl by jumping through the window, shatting glass everywhere. You know...the sort of heroic thing you see in movies. It went very well until the GM demanded a dex roll, which I promptly fumbled. The barb's foot caught on the windowsill and he went sprawling INTO the brawl.

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

VonRaventheDaring
Learned Scribe

USA
197 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2006 :  16:16:05  Show Profile  Visit VonRaventheDaring's Homepage Send VonRaventheDaring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh for 1st edition i would have to say my friend who killed people by throwing flaming pillows (yes its true) out of the window of the local whore house at people. I still laugh at that one. He did more damage with the flaming pillows than with the bed frame, now thats funny!

"Develop the latent abilities within you for that is your power alone. Psionics is the ultimate art of magic and you are its practitioner. Through lifelong dedication, strive to unite your will with your physical form to become one. Only through the unrestrained union of one’s mind and body can the magic of psionics truly be mastered. Throw off the yoke of any who would impose tyranny upon you. Likewise, do not ever force another to submit to your will. Free your mind, free yourself and you have only just begun the path to true psionic mastery. Free others, open their minds to the Invisible Art, and you will show them way to Auppenser."
---Dogma of the Church of Auppenser
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2006 :  17:42:31  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lamest: I've not played enough to have done anything seriously lame, myself... But I did see a friend's character die when he climbed a tree for some reason. The tree was rotten, so it fell over on him. He drowned in the mud before we could rescue him.

Coolest: My minotaur killed a fully-grown T Rex with a single arrow. The DM was a bit inexperienced, and she threw this full-grown T Rex at my friend Gino and I (he and I were playing the same characters killed in that bad first session with Mike). She assumed we'd charge into battle with it, but instead, we reached for our bows.

My minotaur had a custom longbow, made for him so he could get his strength bonus. He also had some string, and a vial of what the DM had identified as "a very powerful poison". So he tied the vial to the arrow, and fired it, making a called shot to the T Rex's mouth. I rolled a natural 20! Between the critical hit and the poison, the dinosaur keeled right over.

Jenn, the DM, was shocked that this tough encounter she'd planned ended so quickly and painlessly. But then, Gino and I had a bad habit of doing that to her...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Wandering_mage
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2006 :  17:50:03  Show Profile  Visit Wandering_mage's Homepage Send Wandering_mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lamest: Tried to outflank some goblins in a dungeon by myself (leaving the party) and ended up triggering two other encounters and almost died. Lesson-stay with the party at all times if you are the bard.

Coolest: Our party got ambushed by some drow while questioning one of their (the drow) party members. My party ran away, rested, came back the next day for the drow and my wizard single-handedly blasted each and every drow to nothingness overcoming spell resistance and their saves each time. Lesson-don't give the mage a reason to remember nothing but attack spells. :)

Illum
The Wandering Mage
Go to Top of Page

Marc
Senior Scribe

657 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2006 :  18:29:41  Show Profile Send Marc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lamest: we've defended the person who hired us (to collect some chest) and killed his assailants, though the person turned out to be a lich (disguised) and his assailants were agents of Lords Alliance, lich killed us after collecting his treasure

Coolest: I've bathed a red abishai (then 22000 xp) in a barrel of holy water or when we managed a successful small town in Vaasa that later became a capital

Edited by - Marc on 24 Oct 2006 22:31:12
Go to Top of Page

Silvanus79
Seeker

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2006 :  18:45:34  Show Profile  Visit Silvanus79's Homepage Send Silvanus79 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lamest: Won't go there for me. But, I did play in a game once where the party's thief, a curious little lady, didn't believe us when we told her the red mound in front of us was really a sleeping dragon. Well, she walked up to the thing's nose, kicked it, and when it opened its eyes, she asked, "Are you really a dragon?" Well, it was. A red one. And it was mad.

Coolest: My Bard rolled a natural 20 on his bardic music check to distract the "main bad guy," a wizard who was planning on toying with us. The party rogue managed to sneak around behind him (via a rolled 1 on the mage's Sense Motive check, followed by another natural 1 on his Spot check to notice the Rogue). The Rogue's sneak attack damage did just enough to drop the mage to -1 and we finished him off. And whoever said Bards were useless!

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

szasstamsgroupie
Acolyte

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2006 :  21:02:19  Show Profile  Visit szasstamsgroupie's Homepage Send szasstamsgroupie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Coolest (and luckiest ever): We were playing with instant kill rules (you know, 2 20's = death). My character (who was really really cocky) got pissed at a huge black dragon. She strutted up to him with her dual scimitars and said "I am going to make boots out of your hide when I kill you". I rolled 20 on initiative, so I went first. I then rolled 3 20's in a row. My character should have been stomped by that dragon. Now my stupid dice likes to roll 5 1's in a row. ***Sigh*** Oh, and, she failed her craft check to make the boots. :(

Talk nerdy to me, baby!
Go to Top of Page

szasstamsgroupie
Acolyte

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2006 :  21:04:19  Show Profile  Visit szasstamsgroupie's Homepage Send szasstamsgroupie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Silvanus79

Lamest: Won't go there for me. But, I did play in a game once where the party's thief, a curious little lady, didn't believe us when we told her the red mound in front of us was really a sleeping dragon. Well, she walked up to the thing's nose, kicked it, and when it opened its eyes, she asked, "Are you really a dragon?" Well, it was. A red one. And it was mad.

Coolest: My Bard rolled a natural 20 on his bardic music check to distract the "main bad guy," a wizard who was planning on toying with us. The party rogue managed to sneak around behind him (via a rolled 1 on the mage's Sense Motive check, followed by another natural 1 on his Spot check to notice the Rogue). The Rogue's sneak attack damage did just enough to drop the mage to -1 and we finished him off. And whoever said Bards were useless!

See, what I don't understand was why the dragon didn't kill her. I understand that you said it had a good sense of humor, but just what were you doing in its lair in the first place, dearest? If I were the dragon, I would have BBQed all of you.

Talk nerdy to me, baby!
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2006 :  01:27:53  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lamest: An orc and giant ambush against the party whilst guarding a caravan led to a boulder knocking the caravan over. Quickly preparing for combat, the other party members ready themselves. My character was inside the caravan, bruised but not too badly hurt and cliambered out of the door that was now the roof. Leaping down, she bravely charged into the fray. Or at least she would have done, if she hadn't tripped over her own feet and plummeted off the caravan.

And ask Kaladorm what happened when his rogue asked Alustriel to dance...

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Mkhaiwati
Learned Scribe

USA
252 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2006 :  06:04:09  Show Profile  Visit Mkhaiwati's Homepage Send Mkhaiwati a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lamest: 20 years ago, in a 1e game, just after the old unearthed arcana came out with the rules for plate armor, me and another fighter were fighting reargaurd for the party against a horde of hobgoblins. We were in a cliff complex and teh rest of the party climbed the ropes down away from the cliff. We knew we didn't have time to climb down, since the hobgoblins would cut the ropes, so we took the quick way down. See, the old plate armor absorbs so much damage from dice. We stood up, dusted ourselves off, looked at our totally ruined armor, and ran away to fight another day. I forgot how far the drop was, I think the gm rolled something like 8 dice on us. (80 feet)

The coolest would probably be from another game system, in another world.

"Behold the work of the old... let your heritage not be lost but bequeath it as a memory, treasure and blessing... Gather the lost and the hidden and preserve it for thy children."

"not nale. not-nale. thog help nail not-nale, not nale. and thog knot not-nale while nale nail not-nale. nale, not not-nale, now nail not-nale by leaving not-nale, not nale, in jail." OotS #367
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2006 :  01:02:34  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Check out this thread if you haven't already, it's got a lot of good stories.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3820

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Twilight
Seeker

Canada
68 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2006 :  07:00:49  Show Profile  Visit Twilight's Homepage Send Twilight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Me(Elf Ranger) was Scouting Ahead of my party (a Mage and a Paladin) and was Hit in the stomach with an Javelin thrown my a distant Orc My 2 companions Did'nt try to come help me but intead Jumped into the bushes and hid
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000