Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Sword enthusists anywhere?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2006 :  07:24:56  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
this isnt extremly forgotten realms but its late and im bored so hey...you guys....who likes swords...flails...maces...clubs...spears...pikes...halberds...axes...hammers...targes...sheilds...greaves....and bracers?....i love medieval weaponary and im assuming alot of you feel the same so lets here about it...MEDIEVAL MALEE WEAPONS! and or armor and other cool things

Unofficial Random Hiatus Taker.

Aes Tryl
Learned Scribe

181 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2006 :  11:00:33  Show Profile  Visit Aes Tryl's Homepage Send Aes Tryl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I prefer bastard swords and katanas honestly. But I like those cool curved one handed fighting axes. . .
Go to Top of Page

Mask
Learned Scribe

104 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2006 :  11:05:42  Show Profile  Visit Mask's Homepage Send Mask a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I like medieval weapons. I have a couple of swords at home myself (hanging on the wall). They're all show weapons, but I guess some could be used to hurt someone (I have no desire to do so, so don't worry). I would still like to get a spear, a long bow and perhaps a axe or something. Oh, and a katana would be a good choice too I guess. Haven't got one of those either.

Nothing is impossible!
Go to Top of Page

Aes Tryl
Learned Scribe

181 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2006 :  11:13:54  Show Profile  Visit Aes Tryl's Homepage Send Aes Tryl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
haha Katanas are way easier to find in my part of the world than yours trust me :D. . . show weapons are nice, unfortunately half the time in my country, they're banned. Govt's pretty strict to say the least
Go to Top of Page

Mask
Learned Scribe

104 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2006 :  11:41:48  Show Profile  Visit Mask's Homepage Send Mask a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Really? Where are you from? Japan? And don't tell this to anyone, but it's illegal for me to hang them on the wall. I'm supposed to put them behind glass, according to the law, but I like to hold them sometimes, so for quick access they hang on my wall.

Nothing is impossible!
Go to Top of Page

Aes Tryl
Learned Scribe

181 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2006 :  11:55:58  Show Profile  Visit Aes Tryl's Homepage Send Aes Tryl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Haha No not from Japan but from an Asian country, Singapore if u've heard of it. I see
Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2006 :  17:06:20  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i have a great sword a couple claymore some short swords a scimatar or two and a few throwing knives...o and a katana and wakishashi and a tanto....but i want more....way more....and i can hang them on my wall and i hid them under my bed and in my bed and in the closet and i dont think any of that is illegal for me...but i live in northern minnesota....so basically anything goes...i do like bastard swords tho...big fan of scimitars and whatnot...singapore? sweet....of course we've herard of singapore....isnt there Komoto Dragons on or around Singapore?...i love those things lol

Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2006 :  17:24:46  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I only have an african, tribal machete and a naval officer's dagger...

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Aes Tryl
Learned Scribe

181 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2006 :  17:26:23  Show Profile  Visit Aes Tryl's Homepage Send Aes Tryl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL komodo dragons are in the phillipines and Indonesia i think definately not in Singapore. Hey if i'm lucky, i'll be able to get an army officer's ceremonial sword next year
Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2006 :  18:12:43  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i knew they were in indonesia and the phillipines but i thought since singapore is in that area you might have them too....and i have some fake cheap oriental ceremonial sword...buts it prettty fake

Go to Top of Page

Aes Tryl
Learned Scribe

181 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2006 :  18:15:54  Show Profile  Visit Aes Tryl's Homepage Send Aes Tryl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
haha the ones I'm talking about are the real deal(S'porean guys have to go to the army, so if i bcome an officer i'll get one) and no S'pore is a jungle but an urban one, the only places you'd find Komodo Dragons are in our zoo
Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2006 :  18:18:33  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yeah im more into the medieval thing myself...i want a suit of armer i think that would be sweet...and im suprised that not more people seem thrilled about swords and weapons...i mean fantasy and love for sharp objects always seemed so close to me lol

Go to Top of Page

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2006 :  18:46:37  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Komodo dragons are only naturally found on the Komodo Islands

like the Galapagos Tortoises are only naturally found on the Galapagos Islands

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

- High Mage of the Arcane Assembly
- Lore Keeper of the Vault of Ancestors
- 3rd Son of the Lord of the Stand

Edited by - Kalin Agrivar on 11 Aug 2006 19:28:35
Go to Top of Page

Aes Tryl
Learned Scribe

181 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2006 :  19:10:01  Show Profile  Visit Aes Tryl's Homepage Send Aes Tryl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm the Komodo Islands are somewhere off the coast of the Phillipines i believe. . . ack
Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2006 :  19:32:59  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
anyways they rock....my all time favorite reptillian...lol

Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2006 :  19:55:37  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am a great fan of weapons on pictures, but the last thing I need is another hobby at the moment.

The island of Komodo is a long way from the Philippines; it lies south of Sulawesi in the southern part of Indonesia.
Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2006 :  19:58:42  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
god you people and your random knowledge...once again humbled...i thought i was fairly adept at geography but here i go:P lol....and weapons and books are my hobbies...im such a nerd int he sense that my room is full of weapons....maps...and books...lol

Go to Top of Page

Conlon
Learned Scribe

Canada
132 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  06:38:42  Show Profile  Visit Conlon's Homepage Send Conlon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've got a nice big Maasi machete that I picked up while travelling in Africa. It stays beside the bed, just in case I need to peel an apple in the middle of the night..

My hopes are ashes, my dreams are dust. All my intentions mean nothing unless they are followed by action.
Go to Top of Page

Mask
Learned Scribe

104 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  21:53:51  Show Profile  Visit Mask's Homepage Send Mask a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, I just realized. I also have a hand crossbow (with bolt), but it doesn't work properly. I suppose If I repair it (or rather let it be repaired) it could work. But again, it's just for show.

Nothing is impossible!
Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2006 :  06:04:14  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
most of my swords are within arms reach of my bed...so if i ever need to defend myself....lol...agisnt dust bunnies or nightmares....both of which are immune to steel blade lol:P....ive always wanted a good medieval looking crossbow that actually works...most are just replicas tho and dont work...

Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2006 :  06:18:11  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have...

About 12 swords, 3 axes (one super-sharp from Toledo, Spain, which cut the heck out of my finger when I was shining it on Christmas morning), a mace, a replica of Sarumon's staff, about 20 daggers, a shield, a helmet, and a 250 dollar velvet cloak.

*Shifty eyes*

Planescape Fanatic

"Fiends and Undead are the peanut butter and jelly of evil." - Me
"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

Mask
Learned Scribe

104 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2006 :  10:37:23  Show Profile  Visit Mask's Homepage Send Mask a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have to be careful not to have my swords in arms reach of my bed. I have a waterbed, so.... I don't want a leak.

Nothing is impossible!
Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2006 :  05:20:13  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lol a waterbed...sweet...wake up soaking wet on a hard bed because it all leaked out one night?...that might suck

Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2006 :  05:21:57  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
gothic dan....your my freaking hero...thats what i want one day!!!...but you know i got time...i already got 17 sharp and or dangerous items...so im on my way...slowly:P

Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2006 :  11:53:56  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Once I start making money again, one of the first expensive things I'll get is a replica of the rapiers the Swedish army used during the Great Nordic War in the early 1700s (1700-1721 for anyone who might be interested. They're beautiful weapons.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2006 :  04:38:10  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I recently bought a nice looking longsword with a sheath. My first. I like Scimitars and longswords...even short swords and jeweled knives. Coulda woulda shoulda bought a helmet and shield that were being sold with the swords....but money needs to be used to buy books that allow me to buy tons of imaginary and "magical" weapons and armor ;)

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2006 :  04:48:40  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i love scimitars and daggers and well everything sharp...but i need like a good longsword or flamberge or something....

Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2006 :  04:51:13  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
and rapiers are one of my least favorite tho...idk why they just seem so...civilized...lol i like the old fashioned brutish "this is honestly the deadlyest thing we've got" kinda swords better

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2006 :  23:04:26  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Genis

and rapiers are one of my least favorite tho...idk why they just seem so...civilized...lol i like the old fashioned brutish "this is honestly the deadlyest thing we've got" kinda swords better

I agree. I bitch at people when they say "oh nice sword, you should have gotten a real one though, like those fencing ones in the Olympics".....

Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2006 :  23:37:07  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lol i just wanna stab them when they refer to like fencing swords as real swords....stab them with my "not so real" swords...lol

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2006 :  01:33:02  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Genis

lol i just wanna stab them when they refer to like fencing swords as real swords....stab them with my "not so real" swords...lol

Or slash the hell out of em and roll a critical hit....um i mean, just cut em up real bad lol

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000