Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Sword enthusists anywhere?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2006 :  16:44:41  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thanks shadowjack and i'll make sure to check out both

Unofficial Random Hiatus Taker.
Go to Top of Page

VonRaventheDaring
Learned Scribe

USA
197 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2006 :  18:02:33  Show Profile  Visit VonRaventheDaring's Homepage Send VonRaventheDaring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GothicDan

I have...

About 12 swords, 3 axes (one super-sharp from Toledo, Spain, which cut the heck out of my finger when I was shining it on Christmas morning), a mace, a replica of Sarumon's staff, about 20 daggers, a shield, a helmet, and a 250 dollar velvet cloak.

*Shifty eyes*

so where do you live exactly again GothicDan? lol just kidding
I would love to have some swords but ..... maybe later
I like the scimitar but personally in game i alway think of Drizzit and decided to take another weapon I love the axe though (probabbly because i am a dwarven fan)

"Develop the latent abilities within you for that is your power alone. Psionics is the ultimate art of magic and you are its practitioner. Through lifelong dedication, strive to unite your will with your physical form to become one. Only through the unrestrained union of one’s mind and body can the magic of psionics truly be mastered. Throw off the yoke of any who would impose tyranny upon you. Likewise, do not ever force another to submit to your will. Free your mind, free yourself and you have only just begun the path to true psionic mastery. Free others, open their minds to the Invisible Art, and you will show them way to Auppenser."
---Dogma of the Church of Auppenser
Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2006 :  21:52:12  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Von Raven

I know what you mean about scimitars, I have always liked the 2e version of the fencing sabre which is, in the 3.5e in the scimitar group of blades. I have been tempted a few times to buy the Drizzt Scimitar set but I have always balked at the last second and gone for a REAL blade rarther than a fantasy blade (most of the time).

I'm Back!
Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2006 :  22:31:08  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ive considered purchasing twinkle and icingdeath many times too but i never do...i just think about and get real close but then back out and never end up buying them...

Go to Top of Page

Aglaranna
Learned Scribe

166 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2006 :  23:05:24  Show Profile  Visit Aglaranna's Homepage Send Aglaranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So just where is everyone looking when buying swords? Someone here had the bright idea to send me a catalogue, and so I bought something and now they won't leave me alone. But they don't have anything as tempting as Twinkle and Icingdeath. Although if they did, I'd surely be doomed to not eat for weeks because I spent my food budget...

"You can choose a ready guide
In some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice

You can choose from phantom fears
And kindness that can kill
I will choose the path that's clear
I will choose freewill." -'Freewill' by Rush
Go to Top of Page

VonRaventheDaring
Learned Scribe

USA
197 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2006 :  23:11:32  Show Profile  Visit VonRaventheDaring's Homepage Send VonRaventheDaring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah i love the riding saber but they never really converted it well to fantasy for my taste.

"Develop the latent abilities within you for that is your power alone. Psionics is the ultimate art of magic and you are its practitioner. Through lifelong dedication, strive to unite your will with your physical form to become one. Only through the unrestrained union of one’s mind and body can the magic of psionics truly be mastered. Throw off the yoke of any who would impose tyranny upon you. Likewise, do not ever force another to submit to your will. Free your mind, free yourself and you have only just begun the path to true psionic mastery. Free others, open their minds to the Invisible Art, and you will show them way to Auppenser."
---Dogma of the Church of Auppenser
Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2006 :  23:11:41  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OH Sorry everyone but I've been such a dolt....

In listing all my Blades I forgot which is damn stupid of me as I was wearing one at the time and come to that wearing one now.

I have a collection of Sgian Dubh's

3 x Roe Buck handel
2 x Polished wood handel
1 x Leather Wrapped

and my favorite

1 x Fire Blackened Blade with a Black Oak Handel.

I really don't know how I could have forgot these but DOH!

I'm Back!

Edited by - Delzounblood on 01 Nov 2006 23:13:54
Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2006 :  23:18:22  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i usually shop over the internet MRS aglaranna....just random sites i can find off of google and etc....but ive never been overly bothered and i dont see drizzt's swords alot but on quite afew sites ive been on they've had it....but if your REAL interested in buying them just search twinkle and or icingdeath on google and they're bound to show up at some half rate site.....and Sgian dhu's? i cant say im firmilliar with those either...

Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2006 :  23:29:30  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Genis

Scottish National dress

Kilt etc,

the Sgian Dubh is the knife worn in the righthand sock when wearing a kilt it is the Last defence for atrue scotsman.

The name means Black dagger, black meaning hidden.
It was originaly worn hidden in the sock but now is worn with the top inch showing.

For more historical view point please google.

and Yes I am a Scottish and Yes I wear a kilt.

And the answer is "nothing!"

I'm Back!
Go to Top of Page

Aglaranna
Learned Scribe

166 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2006 :  23:29:53  Show Profile  Visit Aglaranna's Homepage Send Aglaranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*giggles* *masters a straight face* Er, sorry, I try not to giggle too often, I know sometimes it's annoying, but...

In some celestial voice

Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2006 :  21:34:21  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
haha if i were scottish im sure id wear a kilt to and be damn proud!...and the Sgian Dubh sounds sweet...a knife in your sock when you wear a kilt....im totally jealous!...nothing really...neat?:P.....i cant say i have any historical traditions involving knives...tho i wish i did...and yeah for god sakes not like we're supposed to be having fun here Aglaranna ;)

Edited by - Genis on 04 Nov 2006 22:50:48
Go to Top of Page

Aglaranna
Learned Scribe

166 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2006 :  21:46:01  Show Profile  Visit Aglaranna's Homepage Send Aglaranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fun? Really? Yay! You're my hero! Lol...

In some celestial voice

Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2006 :  22:52:06  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
me a hero? nay....the real hero here is Delzounblood and his kilt!!!

Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2006 :  13:22:09  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aye and don't ye forget it!!!

I'm Back!
Go to Top of Page

Aglaranna
Learned Scribe

166 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2006 :  02:44:16  Show Profile  Visit Aglaranna's Homepage Send Aglaranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote

In some celestial voice

Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2006 :  04:09:55  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i can imagine you saying "aye and dont ye forget it" in a scottish accent....which furthers your lead in the running to be my hero...."a box o buttons for the govna!"

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000