Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Double Diamond Novellettes
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  06:19:20  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well now,

It turns out I was wrong and WOTC should updated their book list about these novels. In the Greater Doppleganger entry in Monster's of Faerun, the events of these novellettes is referenced.

For years, I told people that they were not canon since WOTC's online book list says they aren't canon, however, it seems that they are.

The link I'm talking about is:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/fr/lists#Apocrypha

So..... I guess Volo didn't write these until 5 years after the events actually took place.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 25 Apr 2006 07:00:22

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  06:39:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A·poc·ry·pha
3 Writings or statements of questionable authorship or authenticity.

They're listed as apocrypha in there.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  06:51:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Curious.

I take back some of the poor comments I've made in the past about Monsters of Faerun having little lore, besides the stats, to share with Realmslore fans.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  06:58:05  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

A·poc·ry·pha
3 Writings or statements of questionable authorship or authenticity.

They're listed as apocrypha in there.

Yes, I know and that was my point. We've always been told that those novellette's were not canon but Monster's of Faerun says otherwise. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Edited by - Kuje on 25 Apr 2006 06:59:16
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  06:58:51  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Curious.

I take back some of the poor comments I've made in the past about Monsters of Faerun having little lore, besides the stats, to share with Realmslore fans.

Me to. :) I found this reference, and others of interest, since I finally am starting to really try to read through the 3/3.5e sourcebooks.

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  07:04:18  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All it talks about is a doppleganger masquerading as Piergeiron's wife. The Double Diamond novels don't get a mention at all. What likely happened is that such an event did indeed occur, Volo heard about it and used this event as the basis for some fiction.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  07:34:01  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

All it talks about is a doppleganger masquerading as Piergeiron's wife. The Double Diamond novels don't get a mention at all. What likely happened is that such an event did indeed occur, Volo heard about it and used this event as the basis for some fiction.

-- George Krashos

Okay and? Without those novellette's being written then that reference wouldn't exist. That's all I'm saying and so WOTC has made parts of those novels canon. It's not hard to grasp. :)

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  07:44:40  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:

-- George Krashos

Okay and? Without those novellette's being written then that reference wouldn't exist. That's all I'm saying and so WOTC has made parts of those novels canon. It's not hard to grasp. :)

Indeed. The specific events of those novels have been referenced in the "In the Realms" section for the Greater Doppleganger's entry. Even if the titles themselves haven't been listed... these events, as referenced in the lore, demonstrate at the very least that the plots, of that particular doppelganger in the novels, are canon.

Edited by - The Sage on 25 Apr 2006 07:45:51
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  08:07:50  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm not going to argue with you, but my point is as simple as the point you wish me to accept. Yours is that the events of the Double Diamond novelletes have been 'canonised' in "Monsters of Faerűn". My point is that there is an alternative explanation (which I hasten to add allows both the entry in MoF and WotC's statement that the Double Diamond books are apocryphal to stand) which is that a doppleganger masqueraded as Piergeiron's wife. This is not the same event as is showcased in the DD books. Volo however heard about this occurrence and thereby wrote it up as DD fiction.

With respect, the Realms works better when explanations are made for things that are inclusive, rather than exclusive when it comes to inconsistencies and perceived "errors". In other words, if you can come up with something that doesn't invalidate previous material or statements on such material, it is prefereable to stating that X is right and therefore Y is wrong. My 2 cp and last comment on this thread.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  08:28:37  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

This is not the same event as is showcased in the DD books. Volo however heard about this occurrence and thereby wrote it up as DD fiction.
So, what you're saying is... that the described doppelganger plot detailed in the "In the Realms" section for the doppelganger's entry in MoF and the events detailed as fiction by Volo in the DD books are merely co-incidence and therefore not the same event?

Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  12:36:38  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It seems to me that both gentlemen, GK and Kuje, are coming at the argument from only slightly different directions. Let's assume the incident with Piergeiron's wife and the doppleganger is canon Realmslore. Its inclusion in game products seems to establish that "fact." The question, as I understand it, is whether the inclusion of that "fact" in Volo's DD novelettes indicates that the novelettes in their entirety are "canon lore."

I read a lot of historical fiction. Some of it cleaves closely to the historical record, other stories seize an interesting fact (or rumor) and write a fictitious story around it. Quite a lot of historical fiction includes reference to famous individuals, incorporating actual events touching the lives of the great and famous into a fictitious narrative. I view Volo's DD novelettes in this light. This interpretation not only deals with the canon/apocryphal issue, but it's consistent with a) the way historical fiction works and b) Volo's long-established reputation for factual unreliability even in such works as purport to be non-fiction.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  12:47:08  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage
So, what you're saying is... that the described doppelganger plot detailed in the "In the Realms" section for the doppelganger's entry in MoF and the events detailed as fiction by Volo in the DD books are merely co-incidence and therefore not the same event?

Despite myself, I respond. They are not coindidence, they are interrelated inasmuch as they talk about the same 'type' of event, namely a doppleganger masquerading as Piergeiron's wife. Volo hears about such an event, thinks "interesting" and much later when writing some fiction, uses this event as a plot premise with the only connection being the use of, and I repeat myself, a scenario where a doppleganger masquerades as Piergeiron's wife. Kuje is right: the entry does canonise a situation where a doppleganger masquerades as Pieregeiron's wife - but that doesn't necesarily mean that it canonises such an event in the context or form of the DD novelletes. IMHO at least.

-- George Krashos

Edited by - George Krashos on 25 Apr 2006 12:50:02
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  13:35:37  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

I read a lot of historical fiction. Some of it cleaves closely to the historical record, other stories seize an interesting fact (or rumor) and write a fictitious story around it. Quite a lot of historical fiction includes reference to famous individuals, incorporating actual events touching the lives of the great and famous into a fictitious narrative. I view Volo's DD novelettes in this light. This interpretation not only deals with the canon/apocryphal issue, but it's consistent with a) the way historical fiction works and b) Volo's long-established reputation for factual unreliability even in such works as purport to be non-fiction.
I can certainly see that as a possible explanation.

I think, what this really comes down to... is just how much strength, you as the DM, choose to give to the details in that particular entry for the doppelganger in MoF. If you want it as canon for your campaign... that's your choice -- you're viewing it as a proper reference dealing with the events portrayed in the novel and making it a canon event. If you don't, then look at the entry and Volo's portrayed events in a way Elaine illustrated above -- historical fiction following Volo's regular tendency for factual unrealiabiliy.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  13:39:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Despite myself, I respond. They are not coindidence, they are interrelated inasmuch as they talk about the same 'type' of event, namely a doppleganger masquerading as Piergeiron's wife. Volo hears about such an event, thinks "interesting" and much later when writing some fiction, uses this event as a plot premise with the only connection being the use of, and I repeat myself, a scenario where a doppleganger masquerades as Piergeiron's wife. Kuje is right: the entry does canonise a situation where a doppleganger masquerades as Pieregeiron's wife - but that doesn't necesarily mean that it canonises such an event in the context or form of the DD novelletes. IMHO at least.
But, if we're talking about fictitious works... why reference them in a canon sourcebook in the first place?

Now I know, Volo could've been using an historical note about a doppelganger impersonating Piergeiron's wife and crafting a tale from it... but it's a tale that's been referenced in canon material. Yes, it could be the actual historical event referenced in the doppelganger's entry and not Volo's tale thus opening the way for your interpretation that says that the novelette's events haven't been "properly" canonised. But why do that? We already know of the events from the novel... and James Wyatt and Rob Heinsoo likely did as well and so utilised the novelette's plot as a basis for lore in the "In the Realms" entry for the doppelganger.

Thus, a canonised event.

Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  13:54:49  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does this event take place as shown in the DDTS books? We don't know one way or the other. Does it make the whole series canonical? I don't see why it should.

We already knew the books were partly canonical in that if, say, Ed Greenwood revisited subjects he covered in his instalments, it's not likely he would replace stuff he created for the DDTS just because their events had been labelled outside of canon.
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  16:06:09  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess to say that the whole series has to have happened because one of the events of the books may have happened is kind of like saying that since the Baldur's Gate novels happened, then every character in the video games must exist, and all the areas exist as they did in the game, even if the characters in the novels didn't do the "side quests."

Of course, the real world, and likely less explosive, explanation is that whoever wrote the Greater Doppleganger entry just didn't realize that DD series wasn't canon, and no one caught the reference before. Heck, I've had the book for years now and never even read the "In the Realms" section of that particular monster.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  16:35:12  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Of course, the real world, and likely less explosive, explanation is that whoever wrote the Greater Doppleganger entry just didn't realize that DD series wasn't canon, and no one caught the reference before.
Or, as I said above... perhaps they did and decided to use that doppelganger reference for the lore section on the doppelganger and give the event some grounding in canon.

Hmmm... Maybe it was missed during the editing process? Perhaps more attention should have been thrown on the actual "canon nature" of the DD novelettes before they were (perhaps) used as reference sources for Realmslore in sourcebooks if this theory is true.

It seems they may have had some validity as canon, given what Faraer said above. I find it somewhat unlikely that Ed would actively override anything he'd written in his works for the DD series especially if he could use it with further lore he may be working on. So, at the very least... some of the events in the books have the *potential* to become canon.

quote:
Heck, I've had the book for years now and never even read the "In the Realms" section of that particular monster.
Neither had I. In fact, until Kuje mentioned it... that was probably the first time I actually read that entry fully.

Edited by - The Sage on 25 Apr 2006 16:39:16
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2006 :  01:41:58  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Damn, good eye Kuje. I also have had Monsters of Faerűn for years and never noticed that entry.

I was at Gen Con in 2000 when Jim Butler first mentioned that the Double Diamond Triangle Saga was no longer canon. I was thinking to myself, "Great they tricked me into purchasing novels that I wouldn't have read otherwise." It's nice to see that at least part of the series is canon.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2006 :  01:44:09  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

Damn, good eye Kuje. I also have had Monsters of Faerűn for years and never noticed that entry.

I was at Gen Con in 2000 when Jim Butler first mentioned that the Double Diamond Triangle Saga was no longer canon. I was thinking to myself, "Great they tricked me into purchasing novels that I wouldn't have read otherwise." It's nice to see that at least part of the series is canon.

Me to. I was really surprised that that was in Monsters. I went, hey cool so some of those events are now canon, rock!

Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2006 :  02:29:42  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have I ever told you fellow scribes about Ed writing THE MERCENARIES (which should really be called “The Pirates”) in an afternoon, from a one-paragraph outline?
For which his reward was to be handed the last book with a one-day turnaround, with his co-author’s first draft more than twice as long as the allowable wordcount for the final version?
Ed bought himself an extra day by pointing out (truthfully) that Fed Ex didn’t do Saturday pickups in Canada at that time, rolled up his sleeves, cursed at the ceiling, and did what he had to do.
I understand there’s still blood on the ceiling.

love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2006 :  02:34:23  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Have I ever told you fellow scribes about Ed writing THE MERCENARIES (which should really be called “The Pirates”) in an afternoon, from a one-paragraph outline?
For which his reward was to be handed the last book with a one-day turnaround, with his co-author’s first draft more than twice as long as the allowable wordcount for the final version?
Ed bought himself an extra day by pointing out (truthfully) that Fed Ex didn’t do Saturday pickups in Canada at that time, rolled up his sleeves, cursed at the ceiling, and did what he had to do.

love,
THO

Grin,

No, this is a new tale. :)

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2006 :  02:40:52  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

love,
THO

Oh, I suddenly have renewed appreciation for Ed's position. Hehe...

Thanks for sharing THO .

Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2006 :  02:45:17  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've always considered them canon (not that my opinion has any influence on whether or not they actually are).

http://eytanbernstein.com - the official website of Eytan Bernstein
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2006 :  02:47:51  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From respect for Ed's ability to write novels too quickly, I recall this from an interview with Ramsey Campbell:
quote:
I corresponded with [August Derleth] for many years, and I remember one memorable occasion where he said he was supposed to have a doctor's appointment that Sunday, but the doctor didn't turn up so he wrote a novel.
Go to Top of Page

Dhomal
Senior Scribe

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2006 :  06:15:45  Show Profile Send Dhomal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello-

I'm not sure where my basis comes from - but I have for a long time considered them 'Apocrypha', in the sense that Volo wrote them - as Fiction, and not as 'news.'

As I understand it - the main reason for this is due to events that transpire to another author's character being used and abused. That being said - and its been years since I read them - I would agree that some of the contents of the books is of course cannon. However - what is cannon must be carefully looked at.

To say Volo got the idea for the beginning of the story froma doppleganger masquerading as Piergeron's wife is quite acceptable. I'm sure we all get ideas for our own campaigns from all sorts of sources.

Also - saying that we beleive that whatever Ed wrote would not be changed seems reasonable. However - if the story is deemed to be fiction - there is nothing saying that some aspects of the story Volo wrote are based in truth. I know that there were other geographic locales visited other than just Waterdeep. Perhaps Volo - in writing the story - included facts about XYZ city/town/etc. Those facts could certainly (*for us - the outside observer*) be considered cannon. However - it could just as easilly be things that he made up for the purposes of telling the story. If I decided to write a short story based in say - Paris - I could do a lot of research - but ultimately - some of what I write will not be true. Perhaps I used a made-up name for a street, or a business establishment name that does not exist. However - if I mention the Eifel Tower - that is know to exist, so there is a line between 'cannon' and 'creative license'.

I sure hope I am making some sense. Its late - and I seem to be loosing some of my thoughts - so I'm going to stop about now.

Dhomal

I am collecting the D&D Minis. I would be more than willing to trade with people. You can send me a PM here with your email listed - and I can send you my minis list. Thanks!

Successfully traded with Xysma!
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2006 :  13:03:48  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dhomal

However - if the story is deemed to be fiction - there is nothing saying that some aspects of the story Volo wrote are based in truth. I know that there were other geographic locales visited other than just Waterdeep. Perhaps Volo - in writing the story - included facts about XYZ city/town/etc. Those facts could certainly (*for us - the outside observer*) be considered cannon. However - it could just as easilly be things that he made up for the purposes of telling the story. If I decided to write a short story based in say - Paris - I could do a lot of research - but ultimately - some of what I write will not be true. Perhaps I used a made-up name for a street, or a business establishment name that does not exist. However - if I mention the Eifel Tower - that is know to exist, so there is a line between 'cannon' and 'creative license'.

That's how fiction works in our world. I see no reason to believe that it works differently in the Realms.

Volo's guides--his non-fiction--are MEANT to be factually dubious. These are all about gossip and rumor and travelers' tales, occasionally corrected by Elminster but with a strong implication that not ALL falacies are corrected by Elminster. This leaves a lot of material to the discretion of the DM, which is, to my way of thinking, a very good idea. Do Volo's guides contain solid information? Absolutely, and some of it is readily verifiable. But quite a lot of it is conjecture or invention, and the existance of a few verifiable facts does not change the overall nature of his work.

Knowing what we do about Volo's non-fiction, why would we assume that verification of a few facts from the DD novelettes canonizes the whole?

This is my interpretation, and I'm not arguing that it's the only one. Considering my understanding of the purpose of Volo's work--to provide a level of ambiguity that leaves room for campaign customization and DM creativity--that would be ironic, if not actually hypocritical.

Edited by - ElaineCunningham on 26 Apr 2006 17:02:25
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2006 :  13:30:51  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of Monsters of Faerun

In the Realms lore section of the Beast of Xvim it says Carina Tchazzam was killed by a Beast of Xvim/Bane in 1371 but in Nobles enhancement of City of Splendors shes still alive and still the House Heir.

Im wondering if MoF is cannon

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2006 :  14:39:59  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since I'm curious about this... I've contacted both James Wyatt and Rob Heinsoo on the issue of the doppelganger details pertaining to the DD novellettes. I'm curious about what exactly they can tell us about the research they did for this tome.

Additionally, I was looking over the WotC website -- in particular the details about James and Rob's work on MoF when it was released -- and found this little factoid -

quote:
James: I set out selecting monsters for this book with a huge long list of all the monsters that had been published in Forgotten Realms sources over the years, and tried to select from that list monsters that had a particular Faerűnian flavor to them. It's hard to put a finger on what that means -- but the Realms is a setting of high magic and nasty evil, and you'll see a lot of both in this book.
That would seem to somewhat support the fact that the entry for the doppelganger does in fact relate to, possibly, the events portrayed in the novelette or at the very least, the novel was used as a reference source for the doppelganger entry in MoF as I mentioned above.

I'm hoping James or Rob can shed some light on this...

Edited by - The Sage on 26 Apr 2006 14:42:03
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2006 :  14:47:30  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Hmmm... a lot of the "In the Realms" entries for the monsters detailed in MoF, when specific examples of monsters and/or events involving them are used as a basis for lore, seem to refer to actual canon events in the Realms. Notable examples of such entries include both the malaugrym and the shalarin.

Go to Top of Page

Archwizard
Learned Scribe

USA
266 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2006 :  15:52:41  Show Profile  Visit Archwizard's Homepage Send Archwizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

In the Realms lore section of the Beast of Xvim it says Carina Tchazzam was killed by a Beast of Xvim/Bane in 1371 but in Nobles enhancement of City of Splendors shes still alive and still the House Heir.

There's always a chance there could have been a Resurrection type spell involved.
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2006 :  16:25:25  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Archwizard

quote:

There's always a chance there could have been a Resurrection type spell involved.

Similar to, and not really wishing to bring the Baldur's Gate computer game into it, the resurrection of Grand Duke Eltan, as mentioned in a recent sourcebook.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000