Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 What have you imported into the Realms?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2005 :  23:44:25  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not going to be quick to do so, but I can at least buy the line that Changelings and Shifters, due to their backgrounds, could work in the Realms. I am not going out of my way to use them, however.

Since the Realms is all about gates and cross dimentional barriers, however, I am incorporating the Far Realm and alienist wizards into the setting as part of a MASSIVE long term conspiracy. In that same vein, I am using the AEG d20 Magic sourcebook for Chronomancy, mainly because it did exist in the Realms at one time (2e) and I had already written it into my bigger plans back then.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2005 :  02:55:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Since the Realms is all about gates and cross dimentional barriers, however, I am incorporating the Far Realm and alienist wizards into the setting as part of a MASSIVE long term conspiracy.
I'd like to know how that turns out.

Although I am all for incorporating the planes more closely into the Realms, I've often bypassed bringing the Far Realm more into connection with the Realms. I want it to be exclusively something that works with my PS campaigns.

But that doesn't mean that I don't like hearing about the experiences of other DMs who do use it with their FR games... .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Rhezarnos
Learned Scribe

Malaysia
131 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2005 :  04:44:08  Show Profile  Visit Rhezarnos's Homepage Send Rhezarnos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I heard of a guy who add MTG in his campaign... Heh, would like to see how the Phyrexians like Toril. Another Invasion, perhaps?

Playing a winged dwarf with acrophobia is fun.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2005 :  05:01:44  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't doubt that there would be little left that would be recognisable as the Realms we know today if the Phyrexians came to Faerun.

This actually reminds me of a conversation from another forum about the possible conclusions that could be made from a major Sliver invasion of the Realms.

Edited by - The Sage on 01 May 2005 05:10:15
Go to Top of Page

Rhezarnos
Learned Scribe

Malaysia
131 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2005 :  05:18:59  Show Profile  Visit Rhezarnos's Homepage Send Rhezarnos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm...the elves in MTG, they moon, sun or wood? I'm thinking the Llanowar are wood, but then again, I could be wrong...

I'd like to incorporate MTG's spells into the realms though, powerful stuff it is...and the worms and lhurgoyfs (is the spelling correct?). Yea, worms in the realms would make adventuring the the forest much more interesting

Go to Top of Page

Charon
Acolyte

Australia
16 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2005 :  05:24:10  Show Profile  Visit Charon's Homepage Send Charon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ahhhh good ol Phyrexians...spiked chaps aren't they? enjoy death?
i enjoyed them and the invasion series aswell as Prophecy and nemesis...In my opinion the some of the best series' in the card game.
By the way, I've read that Nemesis means 'a retriburtive strike of sorts' named after the Greek goddess of Retribution...is this true, or is Nemesis just your worst enemy...or both.
Neway, i just wanted to say that i've created a 15th level character for a new campaign my friend created. I decided to tell you guys this because i think that it really exciting (my new character) after seeing the topic on who win (Bane or cyric). I'd prefer Cyric to be honest...but my favourite Deity is Bhaal hands down...Why can't i find his portfolio in any of the FR books?
Neway - the character i created is called Fellane (pron. Fell-ar-nee) Hallowhope and she is a Deathstalker of Bhaal and her second title is the "Bringer of pestilence"...which she gains from her deadly use of magic and a fanastically deadly dagger. From this campaign i referred to earlier, these ideas spawned - I'm writing about her life and how she came into Bhaal's service and ive drawn several wicked pictures of her - let me know if you want to see them or any decent pics i've done of Entreri of Jarlaxle.
I want to make her a chosen of Bhaal and for her to be his right hand gal (like Fzoul is to Bane) because she could seriously kick some ass - she did in the campaign(backstabbing the rogue assassin,etc but more on that later).

So could you guys let me know about Bhaal...i read the FR camapaign setting and other sources and i know cyric slew him, but i heard he was still out there...his clerics gain their power form somewhere...
Neway, let me know what you think
thanks fellow dnders

we...are...legion
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2005 :  05:40:19  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Charon

So could you guys let me know about Bhaal...i read the FR camapaign setting and other sources and i know cyric slew him, but i heard he was still out there...his clerics gain their power form somewhere...
I shall direct you to this informative scroll and note that there is a 'Deathstalker of Bhaal' PrC presented in Dragon #322 that provides further details on the status of Bhaal's 'faith'.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2005 :  15:02:00  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'd prefer Cyric to be honest...but my favourite Deity is Bhaal hands down...Why can't i find his portfolio in any of the FR books?

Because he's dead.

Info on him can be found in two 2E sources: Faiths & Avatars (which I highly recommend) and the old Forgotten Realms Adventures.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Rudar Dimble
Learned Scribe

131 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2005 :  15:43:53  Show Profile  Visit Rudar Dimble's Homepage Send Rudar Dimble a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

I shall direct you to this informative scroll and note that there is a 'Deathstalker of Bhaal' PrC presented in Dragon #322 that provides further details on the status of Bhaal's 'faith'.

Are there people still worshipping him?

Jesus saves... and takes ½ damage
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2005 :  16:17:34  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rudar Dimble

Faiths and Avatars on page 46 had this to day about those who still worship Bhaal:

quote:

What isolated and minute pockets of pure Bhaal worship still exist are usually in remote rural areas, presided over by an ancient priest. Many of these former worshipers are now venerating the orcish and other nonhuman pantheons as well.

I don't recall if Faiths and Pantheons provided an update regarding the above statement. Does any scribe know?
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2005 :  17:20:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:

Faiths and Avatars on page 46 had this to day about those who still worship Bhaal:

quote:

What isolated and minute pockets of pure Bhaal worship still exist are usually in remote rural areas, presided over by an ancient priest. Many of these former worshipers are now venerating the orcish and other nonhuman pantheons as well.

I don't recall if Faiths and Pantheons provided an update regarding the above statement. Does any scribe know?

Neither LEoF or Faiths and Pantheons included any updates to that statement, no.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  01:44:01  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't have the issue here with me at the moment, but didn't the Bhaal PrC article in Dragon mention something about the current status of Bhaal worship in the Realms?

Edited by - The Sage on 02 May 2005 01:45:33
Go to Top of Page

Rudar Dimble
Learned Scribe

131 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  05:54:08  Show Profile  Visit Rudar Dimble's Homepage Send Rudar Dimble a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I don't have the issue here with me at the moment, but didn't the Bhaal PrC article in Dragon mention something about the current status of Bhaal worship in the Realms?

Well, this was in Dragon Magazine (don't know if I am allowed to post this, but it's only a short citation and without the stats of the PrC, so I guess it's ok.

Deathstalkers are the murderous servants of Bhaal, the Lord of Murder. Reduced to a scattered cult by their god's death and fervent persecution by worshippers of Cyric, this group of priest-assassins is making a name for itself and reestablishing small temples throughout Faerûn.

These zealous killers are dedicated to Bhaal and exhibit all of the powers they lost in the wake of the Godswar. However, it is unclear from where their power comes. Those few aware of the cult suspect the influence of Set encroaching on the portfolio of the mad Cyric, while others believe their powers to stem from Cyric himself. Still others point to recent troubles with the Bhaalspawn and the whispered resurrection of the one, true Bhaal. Whatever the origin of their abilities, the deathstalkers are a fearsome and dangerous lot.

Deathstalkers believe that every murder committed in his name strengthens Bhaal, bringing closer his unholy rebirth. As a result, they view murder as both a pastime and a duty. They are required to deal death once in every tenday in the heart of the night. If imprisonment or other constraining circumstances make this impossible, deathstalkers have to murder twice for each murder missed. In accordance with the Lord of Murder's teachings, deathstalkers strive to ensure that before they die, murder victims know who is killing them and that their death is in the name of Bhaal, intoning, "Bhaal awaits thee, Bhaal embraces thee, none escape Bhaal."

Nearly all deathstalkers are clerics, although many are multiclassed as rogues and a few are multiclassed as barbarians, fighters, rangers, or other classes.

Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  08:04:13  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
I wouldn't mind hearing what you think about the Eberron Changelings, based on those details SB?

I want to hear first from hammer of Moradin as to how he is considering placing them within the Realms.

Take away the "Eberron" in Sage's question, and tell us what you think of the race on its own merits. Do you think they would fit in the Realms?

I caught part (most, cuz I love the movie!) of The Thing, Carpenter's remake, and I thought of what I said about the Cylons. Well, this movie, and the various Body Snatchers flicks, are another great example of the paranoia I would love to put in a game sometime. While changelings are not going to give me that level of suspense and self-preservation, they do add a lingering-in-the-back-of-their-head's suspicion about what the DM can throw at the players at any given moment.
I like changelings more because they aren't too powerful, so players can use them. The old Alter Self spell by itself created more than a few sticky situations for my players and characters. Having a character that can Alter Self at will creates all kinds of roleplaying situations worth having them in the game for. Throw them in among some of the established organizations of Toril, and its that much better.

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  09:01:33  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I once included an invasion by the burning legion(from warcraft) in my game, and it became one big mess.

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Rhezarnos
Learned Scribe

Malaysia
131 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  10:34:43  Show Profile  Visit Rhezarnos's Homepage Send Rhezarnos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by khorne

I once included an invasion by the burning legion(from warcraft) in my game, and it became one big mess.

Did Sargeras entered or just his goons? Hmm...now that you mentioned it, if Alexstrasza and the other Aspects enter the realms, would it make them gods in the dragon pantheon?

Go to Top of Page

Rudar Dimble
Learned Scribe

131 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  10:56:48  Show Profile  Visit Rudar Dimble's Homepage Send Rudar Dimble a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rhezarnos

quote:

Did Sargeras entered or just his goons? Hmm...now that you mentioned it, if Alexstrasza and the other Aspects enter the realms, would it make them gods in the dragon pantheon?

I doubt it would. May be after some years or decades or so...

Go to Top of Page

Rhezarnos
Learned Scribe

Malaysia
131 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  13:41:31  Show Profile  Visit Rhezarnos's Homepage Send Rhezarnos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Should introduce Neltharion (Deathwing) to Tiamat. They'll make a lovely couple. I'd like to see if Sargeras can turn orcs in the Realm to be at least on par with the orcs in Warcraft. Doubt it though, unless all orcs are like Obould.

Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  14:31:13  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Did Sargeras enter or just his goons?

The whole bunch. Tichondrius ran into Khelben, Halaster and Laeral in waterdeep, so he didn`t last long, but Mannoroth managed to sack half of Silverymoon, and Archimonde and his doomguards made a real mess of evermeet. I had included a couple random events so Kil`jaeden was really unlucky, because I had included the possibility of gods appearing to help save the world, and because of a few unfortunate rolls of the dice Kil`jaeden had to duke it out with Shaundakul, Torm and Clangedinn.(but he managed to whack shaundakul before he was destroyed). I was stupid enough to include Sargeras, so he laid waste to both Sembia and Cormyr. When I realized my mistake and tried to get rid of him, he proved a match for everything I threw at him.

Go to Top of Page

Rhezarnos
Learned Scribe

Malaysia
131 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  19:25:03  Show Profile  Visit Rhezarnos's Homepage Send Rhezarnos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Woohoo! Way to go Sar! The realms wasted in such a way... Good thing it's not Phyrexians. Can imagine what would happen... Gond would be proud of their works as they totally obliterate and assimilate everything

Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  20:26:21  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Woohoo! Way to go Sar! The realms wasted in such a way... Good thing it's not Phyrexians. Can imagine what would happen... Gond would be proud of their works as they totally obliterate and assimilate everything

Actually, he was stopped, when my random deity roll made him face Tempus, Mask, Corellon and Mystra.Unfortunately he had managed to thrash Tyr, Helm, Silvanus and Lathander before this(guess I made him to powerful)Oh, and corellon is not happy, because he lost an arm.

Go to Top of Page

Charon
Acolyte

Australia
16 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  23:42:06  Show Profile  Visit Charon's Homepage Send Charon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

yeah i got that one...that's where i got the idea from
thanks anyway...and BHAALS NOT DEAD!
refer above to the excerpt from the DRAGON article
i'm going to believe that the one true Bhaal shall return
thanks guys

we...are...legion

Edited by - Charon on 02 May 2005 23:45:19
Go to Top of Page

Rhezarnos
Learned Scribe

Malaysia
131 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2005 :  01:45:24  Show Profile  Visit Rhezarnos's Homepage Send Rhezarnos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ouch...took four gods to knock of one Titan...

Go to Top of Page

Rudar Dimble
Learned Scribe

131 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2005 :  08:55:35  Show Profile  Visit Rudar Dimble's Homepage Send Rudar Dimble a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

thanks guys

Any ideas on what will happen then if he would?

Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2005 :  11:29:36  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

thanks guys

Well he certainly would have no reasons to like cyric and Bane.

Go to Top of Page

Rudar Dimble
Learned Scribe

131 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2005 :  14:23:58  Show Profile  Visit Rudar Dimble's Homepage Send Rudar Dimble a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

thanks guys

Well he certainly would have no reasons to like cyric and Bane.

Obviously not, but will there be a religious war? Will Cyric and Bane team up against Bhaal? Could be a cool novel...

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2005 :  14:36:59  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Will Cyric and Bane team up against Bhaal? Could be a cool novel...

I'm not sure even the return of Bhaal could get Cyric and Bane to work together.
Go to Top of Page

Rudar Dimble
Learned Scribe

131 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2005 :  14:41:32  Show Profile  Visit Rudar Dimble's Homepage Send Rudar Dimble a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Will Cyric and Bane team up against Bhaal? Could be a cool novel...

I'm not sure even the return of Bhaal could get Cyric and Bane to work together.

May be if Bhaal started a war against one of them, the other could take advantage of it. Or they could be fighting each other....anyway, I would love to read about it!

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2005 :  17:32:20  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

May be if Bhaal started a war against one of them, the other could take advantage of it. Or they could be fighting each other....anyway, I would love to read about it!

Bhaal was never all that strong... Taking on either Cyric or Bane would be a good way for him to die again.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2005 :  14:14:10  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Obviously not, but will there be a religious war? Will Cyric and Bane team up against Bhaal? Could be a cool novel...

I would think Bane would probably seek an alliance with Bhaal. The return of Bhaal may just give Bane that little extra something to finally get rid of Cyric. Then if we could just resurrect Myrkul, hmmmm...

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000