Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 the srinshee?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Menelvagor
Senior Scribe

Israel
352 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2010 :  22:09:32  Show Profile  Visit Menelvagor's Homepage Send Menelvagor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hold to my theory: She's obviously a demi-god or more, capable of facing down in magical power anyone but Mystra herself. In the wake of the Spellplague, she can probably create a 'New Weave' all for herself and ascend to Mystra's position, if she just gets soem more power... That's what happens in ELminster Must Die. The Srinshee needs to kill ELminster in order to gain the last remnants of Mystra's power and her secrets in order ot become the new Mystra!

"Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?
Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly.
How much less them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation in the dust, are crushed before the moth?" - Eliphaz the Temanite, Job IV, 17-19.

"Yea, though he live a thousand years twice, yet hath he seen no good: do not all go to one place?" - Ecclesiastes VI, 6.

"There are no stupid questions – just a bunch of inquisitive idiots."

"Let's not call it 'hijacking'. Let's call it 'Thread Drift'."
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31710 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2010 :  01:27:58  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Heh. She's even more than the quite official stats Ed gave in THE ANNOTATED ELMINSTER. But I dare not say more.
love,
THO

Oh, you're a tease milady.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Menelvagor
Senior Scribe

Israel
352 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2010 :  06:37:56  Show Profile  Visit Menelvagor's Homepage Send Menelvagor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And that is news to you?

"Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?
How much less them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation in the dust, are crushed before the moth?" - Eliphaz the Temanite, Job IV, 17-19.

"Yea, though he live a thousand years twice, yet hath he seen no good: do not all go to one place?" - Ecclesiastes VI, 6.

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2010 :  07:08:37  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Heh. She's even more than the quite official stats Ed gave in THE ANNOTATED ELMINSTER. But I dare not say more.
love,
THO

And that's all we get? Can you say anything about when these particular NDAs will be rendered obsolete by publication? Please?

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31710 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2010 :  07:20:14  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Menelvagor

And that is news to you?

No. But the Lady Hooded One is master of that particular craft!

Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2010 :  07:36:08  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We like it, like that!

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2010 :  10:48:37  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage
Hmmm. I seem to recall Ed provided some brief 'unofficial' 3e stats/rules advice for the Srinshee in the "Realmslore from Elminster in Myth Drannor" of The Annotated Elminster. Those stats declare the Srinshee as a 54th level character [Wizard29/Sorcerer16/Archmage9].

Picks up jaw from the floor.

Wow, that's 3 ed? I don't think that's possible.... Beats Larloch to a bloody pulp... I'll have to think on her, I don't like CR 54 when my friends cringe at CR 26... in terms of 'way too much power'.

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2010 :  11:46:42  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One thing I just dont understand is why all this info is just getting out now. We have all thought Larloch was the badest spell hurler in Fearūn, and highest lvl. I did adleast, and now we find out that she is lvl 54+??? Hmm wonder why that is!!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31710 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2010 :  13:37:33  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolai Withander

One thing I just dont understand is why all this info is just getting out now. We have all thought Larloch was the badest spell hurler in Fearūn, and highest lvl. I did adleast, and now we find out that she is lvl 54+??? Hmm wonder why that is!!

Well, this really isn't *new* info. It's been available for as long as The Annotated Elminster has been published [Nov. '07].

Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2010 :  13:49:02  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah... its true. Its what we might call old news. It just seems af if ppls dind't realize it. It was news to me that she was THAT powerful! I have always known that she was one of the most powerful elves to ever walked the realms, but being more or less the most powerful mortal to have lived... well that was news to me.

Perhaps it should have been obvious when she was unharmed efter being blasted by an elven high mage during "Elminster in Cormanthor" But I just thought that was because of a casting of "The Srinshee's Spellshift"

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2010 :  05:26:19  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who says she's mortal? She's a Chosen of Mystra, probably also of the Seldarine (I can't recall that one specifically atm), and used Ar'Cor'Kerym to rebuild the Rule Tower instantly before disappearing for 700 years. That sounds like pushing the boundaries of demi-deity status to me...

Edit: I just want to know more about her. Hopefully those NDAs are being rendered obsolete by publication in the near future...

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

Edited by - Jakk on 03 May 2010 05:29:10
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2010 :  07:11:50  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is she going to be in Elminster Must Die?

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2010 :  07:21:10  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Is she going to be in Elminster Must Die?

Probably. With all the deranged, megalomaniac, and vindictive enemies he's amassed all these years who are much determined to end his life, and with his powers "somehow" decreased due to the SP, well he does need a powerful ally.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2010 :  21:45:12  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Personally I dont think she is anything god like, or semi for that matter. I think she is highly gifted, a talented ancien elf, who is chosen of Mystra. But demi, semi anything i dont think! Might be wrong thou!
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2010 :  04:58:03  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a suspicion, thanks to a recent exchange in Ed's scroll... mind you, this is all contingent on 4E canon, which I freely admit to avoiding whenever possible, largely because my established campaign timeline makes it impossible to adhere to without massive retcon.

Anyway... thoughts on the Srinshee and a possible restoration of Mystra came to an interesting conjunction: could the Srinshee become the new Mystra in the event of said deity returning to the Realms without a timeline reboot? Given Ed's specs for her, she's clearly the most likely candidate; the only other real possibility is the Simbul, and I don't think she'd want the job.

Just a thought that occurred to me earlier today; see recent posts in Ed's scroll for more.

Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2010 :  05:34:02  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Drools over thought of Srinshee being new Mystra...* I remember reading those stats on her, and my jaw dropped too. Wow. just, wow.

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2010 :  10:47:43  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

I have a suspicion, thanks to a recent exchange in Ed's scroll... mind you, this is all contingent on 4E canon, which I freely admit to avoiding whenever possible, largely because my established campaign timeline makes it impossible to adhere to without massive retcon.

Anyway... thoughts on the Srinshee and a possible restoration of Mystra came to an interesting conjunction: could the Srinshee become the new Mystra in the event of said deity returning to the Realms without a timeline reboot? Given Ed's specs for her, she's clearly the most likely candidate; the only other real possibility is the Simbul, and I don't think she'd want the job.

Just a thought that occurred to me earlier today; see recent posts in Ed's scroll for more.

Sounds plausible enough, and i too believe she would be the most likely candidate. I'll freely admit i was baffled and somewhat distraught when the whole timeline shift came about, but don't fret i say! Intruiging stuff is on the horizon in the Realms!
Go to Top of Page

Menelvagor
Senior Scribe

Israel
352 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2010 :  14:35:28  Show Profile  Visit Menelvagor's Homepage Send Menelvagor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They're not the only option, actually... we son't know what happened to some of the Seven (Dove, Laeral and Storm) and Alvaerele Tasundrym (The Silent Chosen) amy also exist soemwhere. And who says the new Mystra has to be female? What if Elminster and Alasssra become joint deities of magic, a new Mystra and a new, (equal to Mystra) more powerful Azuth?
And if we think of it, Elminster has had more time as a Chosen of Mystra, even if less magical power and knowledge.
In terms of raw magical power, though, I have to agree. The Srinshee is the most viable candidate.

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2010 :  21:10:42  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

They're not the only option, actually... we son't know what happened to some of the Seven (Dove, Laeral and Storm) and Alvaerele Tasundrym (The Silent Chosen) amy also exist soemwhere. And who says the new Mystra has to be female? What if Elminster and Alasssra become joint deities of magic, a new Mystra and a new, (equal to Mystra) more powerful Azuth?
And if we think of it, Elminster has had more time as a Chosen of Mystra, even if less magical power and knowledge.
In terms of raw magical power, though, I have to agree. The Srinshee is the most viable candidate.

Heh... Elminster and Alassra ascending to replace Azuth and Mystra was my initial thought shortly after learning of the demise of Mystra in 4E. I like this idea too.

Go to Top of Page

Menelvagor
Senior Scribe

Israel
352 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2010 :  19:57:48  Show Profile  Visit Menelvagor's Homepage Send Menelvagor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Let's start an online petition for it! It would be so fun!

Go to Top of Page

Cleric Generic
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
565 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2010 :  20:55:38  Show Profile  Visit Cleric Generic's Homepage Send Cleric Generic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not a bad idea, actually... I'd always figured the Seven Sisters might make a good collective nu-Mystra.

Cedric! The Cleric Generic and Master of Disguise!

ALL HAIL LORD KARSUS!!!

Vast Realmslore Archive: Get in here and download everything! http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/archfr/rl

2e Realms book PDFs; grab em! - http://poleandrope.blogspot.com/2010/07/working-around-purge.html
Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2010 :  21:02:41  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well giving some divinity to the chosen is kind of like have phylactories for mystra. Or Hoacruxes, if thinking harry potter. So why should it not be one of them, or perhaps only the divinity they harbor inside them self that could be the new Mystra. Thats basicly why they became chosen in the first place!!!

Dont think wotc is gonna make it happen though

Edited by - Nicolai Withander on 08 May 2010 21:04:28
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2010 :  23:55:20  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hmm, I do not like El to ascend to godhood, because that would rob him of any time to DIRECTLY address Faerunian matters. I like him the way he is now. And I doubt Ed can use him to further advantage if he becomes a god. As with the Srinshee or the Simbul, I must say they are the best candidates to replace Mystra. And who knows, much of this speculation will be answered in El Must Die!...I even plan to fly to our bookstore later to grab a copy of Circle of Skulls, primarily because it includes the first few chaps of EL Must Die!

Go to Top of Page

Cleric Generic
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
565 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2010 :  01:04:05  Show Profile  Visit Cleric Generic's Homepage Send Cleric Generic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolai Withander

well giving some divinity to the chosen is kind of like have phylactories for mystra. Or Hoacruxes, if thinking harry potter. So why should it not be one of them, or perhaps only the divinity they harbor inside them self that could be the new Mystra. Thats basicly why they became chosen in the first place!!!

Dont think wotc is gonna make it happen though

Indeed, indeed. Although at this point, what WotC does or does not make happen isn't really worth giving much thought to; we've got all the RPG source-books we're going to get (for this edition) and the DDI output isn't likely to do more than fill in the map a bit and present the odd mini-adventure (although a Scales of War type adventure path set in the realms would be cool). So if it doesn't get done in a novel it probably will remain un-addressed in any official capacity, and the bulldozers were sent in in the first place to make way for your own material.

Anyway, the model I as looking to follow with my Mighty Morphing Seven Sisters Combine theory is that of Angharradh (sp?!), the three-fold elven goddess. At once, she is Angharradh and also three other separate divinities representing the whole of the former. the Sisters could remain corporeal (if not conventionally mortal) and generally as they were, but their collective divine magicyness constitutes Mystra mk.III or whatever. This could be an arrangement propped up by the other gods who inherited bits of Mystra when she went bang.

Cedric! The Cleric Generic and Master of Disguise!

ALL HAIL LORD KARSUS!!!

Vast Realmslore Archive: Get in here and download everything! http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/archfr/rl

2e Realms book PDFs; grab em! - http://poleandrope.blogspot.com/2010/07/working-around-purge.html
Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2010 :  21:27:51  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It could indeed, and it would be ultimatively fitting for them. But then again... Bah... I dont realy know what to say. I was so sad to lean about the SP almost two years ago, and still it makes me sad to think of some of the things that happened, but as long as I play in good old fearun in the year of our lady 1393 and everything if fine... or... well Mystra still lives sooooo.... for me its still pretty good.

Im gonna stop writing now I think, cause this post was like meaningless words.

Made you look though
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2010 :  00:16:50  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just notice that some authors tag certain characters as "the most powerful wizard/arcanist in Faerun." Richard said so of Gromph in Dissolution. Troy of Telamont in Return of the Archwizards, and I think Paul, too, in Twilight War. If I remember it right, Richard, in HL trilogy, also called Szass Tam as the most (or was it ONE of the most?) talented/powerful spellcaster in Toril. And as mentioned several posts, Ed said of the Srinshee.

So who is what? Must we simply believe Ed since he's the creator of the realms? Is there really an established fact (per canon or whatever) that points out who really is the greatest/most powerful wizard/arcanist/spellcaster in Faerun, either living or, as of the case of liches and other undead, existing?

Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2010 :  02:43:26  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, the short answer is: Yes, we DO believe Ed. Because the rule is that anything Ed says IS canon, unless or until contradicted in print by an official Realms product (NOT a licensed product like a computer game, BTW).
However, with that said, consider the following:
1. Discount anything said in a catalogue, or on the covers of a book, or in an advertisement. That's not the author talking, but a marketing writer (and most marketing writers are FAR from authorities on what they're writing about [do you believe every car ad that says their particular car is the best?]).
2. Look at EXACTLY who's saying the Srinshee or any other character is the "shiniest" or "most purple" or whatever. Is it a character in the book? (Which makes it an opinion.) Is it the narrator? Is it the author, speaking or writing OUTSIDE the book (i.e. on a website or in an interview?) Or is it "widely accepted opinion, in the Realms"? Consider real-world political figures, and how opinions of them are colored by the political beliefs of whoever is holding the opinion, AND over time (as opinions change, or the general public learns more, or...)
3. What exactly is the claim being made (fastest, most learned, whatever) and in what context ("best ever" is an obviously useless judgment, because unless the world ends right now, we haven't had "ever" yet, and can never have )? Some people have been VERY careful how they word what they say. Case in point: look at what Ed has ACTUALLY SAID about the Srinshee, as opposed to what others, paraphrasing his words, have "said he said." Ed seldom speaks in clear superlatives. He might say "the Srinshee is more powerful than character X" but he's very unlikely to say ANYONE is the most powerful (unless he qualifies it with "in my opinion" or "as thus far revealed" or something of the sort) . . . because for one thing, Ed's always planning several steps ahead of the published Realms, and for another thing, Ed never trashes X to make Y look better (unlike some other pundits, critics, designers and writers).

. . . And no, there is no established fact in canon, or measure, of who's the strongest or whose judgment is supreme. Even the gods disagree, all the time, and mortals can't know the truths about what they're disputing, or even the true natures (let alone powers) of the gods, and therefore a ranking. You may believe that, say, Bane is a more powerful deity than dead-and-vanished Bhaal . . . but as a mortal, you can never be certain you are correct in that ranking. You simply CAN'T know enough.
And that applies to rankings of mortals, too. No one can know who's the most powerful spellcaster, even if the "right" answer doesn't change every few seconds (and it probably does). We don't know the full capabilities of any of these characters, what daring or desperate innovations they'll come up with in battle, what other circumstances will affect their performance (I was dizzy, he was half asleep, I haven't eaten for days, they attacked out of the sun), and "most powerful" AT WHAT, anyway (creating new magic? blasting each other down, toe to toe? body odor? doing things that will be remembered thousands of years after they're gone?)
. . . which is why such rankings tend to be useless, or have limited utility as "blurred and very rough yardsticks" at best.
However, dennis, when Ed speaks of the power of the Srinshee, he's hinting at something. Remember that none of the Chosen are "just" mortal, at least before the Spellplague (so the timing changes the "who's the most powerful?" answer, too).
If I were you, I'd jaunt on over to his thread and ask him. NDAs will probably prevent him giving you a direct answer about the Srinshee's precise powers, but he can certainly tell you why he says anything at all about character powers, and how he shapes what he does say.
Unless, of course, someone even more powerful prevents him.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2010 :  03:41:01  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dennis

I just notice that some authors tag certain characters as "the most powerful wizard/arcanist in Faerun." Richard said so of Gromph in Dissolution. Troy of Telamont in Return of the Archwizards, and I think Paul, too, in Twilight War. If I remember it right, Richard, in HL trilogy, also called Szass Tam as the most (or was it ONE of the most?) talented/powerful spellcaster in Toril. And as mentioned several posts, Ed said of the Srinshee.

So who is what? Must we simply believe Ed since he's the creator of the realms? Is there really an established fact (per canon or whatever) that points out who really is the greatest/most powerful wizard/arcanist/spellcaster in Faerun, either living or, as of the case of liches and other undead, existing?

Arguing from a different perspective than that provided by THO, I would suggest that, from an in-world perspective, the answer is basically "no"... even though the universe is made of numbers (yes, I am a Pythagorean IRL; see also the June 2010 issue of Discover magazine), the numbers are directly meaningless to our senses, and this is the way it should be in-game as well. For the most part, the answer to the question "who is the most powerful wizard in Faerun?" is going to be framed by the personal bias and knowledge (or, more likely, lack thereof) of the person answering the question.

As far as stats go, if we're not talking about divinities, I'd have to say that the Srinshee wins hands-down, at least among the characters we know about. Of course, Larloch doesn't have firmly-set stats, and has always been described by Ed as "as powerful as [or slightly more powerful than] the DM needs him to be [to keep the PCs suitably overawed and/or humbled]."

quote:

<chop>
However, dennis, when Ed speaks of the power of the Srinshee, he's hinting at something. Remember that none of the Chosen are "just" mortal, at least before the Spellplague (so the timing changes the "who's the most powerful?" answer, too).
If I were you, I'd jaunt on over to his thread and ask him. NDAs will probably prevent him giving you a direct answer about the Srinshee's precise powers, but he can certainly tell you why he says anything at all about character powers, and how he shapes what he does say.
Unless, of course, someone even more powerful prevents him.
love,
THO

Milady, we at Candlekeep are all too familiar with the powers of the NDAo, otherwise known as the Non-Disclosure Archoverdeity, but I'm rather curious as to all the talk lately regarding the Srinshee... and I'm thinking also that there's still something lingering in her, El, and Alassra, as well as Storm (and Dove, if she is also still around)... but I dare not speculate too much; all that does is make me thirst for answers. Thoughts of certain images of Storm conjured by Ed and yourself over the years here make me thirst for other things too, but I digress...

Let's just say I have my theories as to what's around the corner in canon lore, even though it's no longer directly applicable to the Realms my group prefers to game in. Do I like everything that's happened since 1375 DR? No, but I didn't like everything that happened before then either. I'm enjoying my time as a player over the past few years, and rewriting the Spellplague and a few earlier events as well to better suit my evil plans... when I am once again behind the DM screen, my players will know fear...

Edited by - Jakk on 12 May 2010 04:00:17
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2010 :  15:59:44  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

THO,

I understand that the world changes and so does the powers and states of the characters. For every change that happens, a character is affected either minutely or considerably, thereby making him/he powerful at one second, and least at another...That notion is rather APPARENT. The point of my question, as I deemed it was clear when I posted it, is just to know ----if possible---- who really IS the most powerful in Toril ALL THINGS CONSIDERED (THE words of Ed and Wizards to the matter, THE present time, THE characters' abilities to fashion spells of great power (and I do not care whether they use their might to blast each or to increase their body odor to suffocate each other to death =), THE changes brought by SP and THE individual struggles of the prominent characters and what-have-you). And let us exclude the deities [Really, I scarcely care about them. They're characters too, I know, but let's put the divinity aside].

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3242 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2010 :  16:29:43  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dennis

THO,

I understand that the world changes and so does the powers and states of the characters. For every change that happens, a character is affected either minutely or considerably, thereby making him/he powerful at one second, and least at another...That notion is rather APPARENT. The point of my question, as I deemed it was clear when I posted it, is just to know ----if possible---- who really IS the most powerful in Toril ALL THINGS CONSIDERED (THE words of Ed and Wizards to the matter, THE present time, THE characters' abilities to fashion spells of great power (and I do not care whether they use their might to blast each or to increase their body odor to suffocate each other to death =), THE changes brought by SP and THE individual struggles of the prominent characters and what-have-you). And let us exclude the deities [Really, I scarcely care about them. They're characters too, I know, but let's put the divinity aside].

Right now, right here, in this very time and space. I AM THE MOST POWERFUL!!

*zap*

owie

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000