Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 the srinshee?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

barry
Acolyte

South Africa
27 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2005 :  20:45:58  Show Profile  Visit barry's Homepage Send barry a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Pleas excuse my spelling.
In the last empires book their are no specs on the abilities and level
of the srinshree . Can a wise scribe clear this up for me
Thanks Barry in south Africa

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2005 :  20:52:52  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In 2e she is a 30th level wizard and also a high mage. See Cormanthyr: Empire of the Elves and The Fall of Myth Drannor. Ed Greenwood's Elminster in Myth Drannor novel also has a lot of info on her. She also makes a very short, like a paragraph, appearance in Elminster in Hell.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2005 :  21:00:21  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31

In 2e she is a 30th level wizard and also a high mage. See Cormanthyr: Empire of the Elves

Bah! What does that tome know? They have her as a gold elf in it!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2005 :  21:04:20  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
Originally posted by kuje31

In 2e she is a 30th level wizard and also a high mage. See Cormanthyr: Empire of the Elves

Bah! What does that tome know? They have her as a gold elf in it!

Smirk.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2005 :  18:31:54  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anybody know her 3rd edition stats?

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36788 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2005 :  18:41:20  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by khorne

Does anybody know her 3rd edition stats?

I don't believe she's been statted out in 3E.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2005 :  01:34:45  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

If she'd just show her ugly moon/gold elven mug again, maybe she'd get a 3.5E write up.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2005 :  19:14:36  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

If she'd just show her ugly moon/gold elven mug again, maybe she'd get a 3.5E write up.

LOL It's still disputable what her race is! I like the explanation that says she can change her race as she pleases though (or something like that).

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Mareka
Learned Scribe

Canada
125 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2005 :  20:01:16  Show Profile  Visit Mareka's Homepage Send Mareka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

LOL It's still disputable what her race is! I like the explanation that says she can change her race as she pleases though (or something like that).

Isn't there a High Magic spell that does that?
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2005 :  20:07:53  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mareka

quote:

Isn't there a High Magic spell that does that?

Perhaps, but not being an expert on High Magic myself, I wouldn't know off the top of my head. :)

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Sorenna_Melruth
Acolyte

24 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2005 :  00:06:48  Show Profile  Visit Sorenna_Melruth's Homepage Send Sorenna_Melruth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Srinshee was reborn as a moon elf female as it says in Cormanthor, she was last seen in Ancient Empire's but she has no stats unfortunately.

History is written by those who survive such terriable times,and every person is a hero, and every person is a villan it depends on who's telling the tale.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2005 :  00:15:56  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sorenna_Melruth

The Srinshee was reborn as a moon elf female as it says in Cormanthor, she was last seen in Ancient Empire's but she has no stats unfortunately.

Yes, but we've had this discussion and Steven Schend said he messed up when he said she is a gold elf in the Fall of Myth Drannor and so Lost Empires says she is a gold elf as well.

Go to Top of Page

Sorenna_Melruth
Acolyte

24 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2005 :  00:30:13  Show Profile  Visit Sorenna_Melruth's Homepage Send Sorenna_Melruth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm rather new here, and didn't know of that conversation I was only going from current comments.

^.^

History is written by those who survive such terriable times,and every person is a hero, and every person is a villan it depends on who's telling the tale.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2005 :  03:27:47  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I can also see it as a point of contention between the various subraces of elves.

Moon Elves: The Srinshee was a member of our subrace.

Sun Elves with a sigh: Foolish moon elves. Tis, but wishful thinking. All reasonable scholars (Gold elves no doubt) assert The Srinshee is a gold elf.
Go to Top of Page

Mareka
Learned Scribe

Canada
125 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2005 :  22:29:49  Show Profile  Visit Mareka's Homepage Send Mareka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I can also see it as a point of contention between the various subraces of elves.

Moon Elves: The Srinshee was a member of our subrace.

Sun Elves with a sigh: Foolish moon elves. Tis, but wishful thinking. All reasonable scholars (Gold elves no doubt) assert The Srinshee is a gold elf.

I could see the Srinsee confusing the issue of her race to distance herself from racial tensions. She seemed often disgusted with such things. Perhaps she didn't want to be associated with any one race.

Of course, elitism could lead to contention where the intent was quite the opposite.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2005 :  01:37:56  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mareka
I could see the Srinsee confusing the issue of her race to distance herself from racial tensions. She seemed often disgusted with such things. Perhaps she didn't want to be associated with any one race.

It would definitely fit with the feelings she expressed when she was last sighted upon Faerun.
Go to Top of Page

elven_songstress
Learned Scribe

126 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2005 :  00:18:44  Show Profile  Visit elven_songstress's Homepage Send elven_songstress a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thats a good opinion, I think the Srinshee would have been happy being a being of pure thought.

We need to be reminded sometimes that a sunrise lasts but a few minutes,but its beauty can burnin our hearts eternally."
Go to Top of Page

Darkhope
Acolyte

9 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2005 :  20:44:16  Show Profile  Visit Darkhope's Homepage Send Darkhope a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unofficial version of Shrinshee:

With reference her alignment, I have made her LG as in Lost Empires it states that you have to be LG to wield the Rulers Blade.

Lady Oluevaera Estelda, "The Srinshee": Chosen of Mystra: Female, Sun Elf, Wiz28/Elven High Mage 10; CR 42; Medium Humanoid ; HD 38d4+304 (Wizard) ; hp 344; Init +5; Spd 20; AC 33; Base Atk +21 Base Range +24 Full Attack+26/+21 (1d8+6, +4 Adamantine Longsword) or +28/+23 (1d4+8+1d6, +6 Dagger, Adamantine) or +24/+19 (1d6+4, Staff of the Magi); AL LG; SV Fort +35, Ref +32, Will +39; STR 14, DEX 20, CON 26, INT 38, WIS 23, CHA 22.
Base Statistics
STR 14 (unchanged)
DEX 16 (+4, due to Gloves of Dexterity +4)
CON 15 (+1 Level Bonus; +10 Chosen of Mystra Template)
INT 18 (+2 Racial Bonus; +5 Level Bonus; +4, due to Headband of Intellect+4, +5 due to Tomb of Clear Thought+5, +2 due to Wish Spell, +2 Retained from being a Bealnorn)
WIS 17 (+4 due to multiple Wish Spells; +2 Level Bonus)
CHA 17 (+4, due to Tomb of Understanding+4; +1 Level Bonus)
Possessions:
Weapons:
Artifact (Ruler’s Blade) Ar’Cor’Kerym (+4 Adamantine Longsword: Holy, Keen with other powers)
+6 Dagger, Adamantine: Shocking Burst, Dancing.

Magic: Headband of Intellect +4; Pearl of Power (9th); Pearl of Power (7th); Tome of Understanding +4 (Used); Tome of Clear Thought +5 (Used); Amulet of the Planes; Bag of Holding (type IV); Bead of Force (8); Belt of Many Pockets; Boots of Teleportation (Teleport 3/day); Bracers of epic armor (+12); Cloak of Elvenkind and Resistance +4; Crystal ball with True Seeing; Elven Mask; Gem of Seeing; Gloves of Dexterity +4; Ioun Stone of Resistance +4; Ioun Stone, Clear [Spindle] (Without Food & Water); Ioun Stone, Dusty Rose [Prism] (+1 AC); Ioun Stone, Iridescent [Spindle] (Without Air); Ioun Stone, Pearly White [Spherical] (Regenerates Five hp per hour); Keoghtom`s Ointment (6 Vials); Orb of Storms; Portable Hole; Robe of the Archmagi; Ring of Spell-Battle; Ring of Improved Wizardry (V/VI); Staff of the Magi (Charges: 28); Rod of Metamagic, Greater Quickened (Quicken Spell 3/day) ; Wand of Antimagic Ray (20) (Charges: 27); Wand of Teleportation Circle (20) (Charges: 26), Attuned Gems- sewn into Srinshee’s Robes (Finger of Death, Time Stop, Greater Dispel Magic, Chain Lightning, Feather Fall, Plane Shift, Shapechange, Forceage, Power Word-Kill, Power Word-Stun)

Skills: Climb +9, Concentration +38, Craft (Alchemy) +44, Craft (Armorsmithing) +29, Craft (Bookbinding) +26, Craft (Calligraphy) +24, Craft (Gemcutting) +21, Craft (Weaponsmithing) +22, Decipher Script +46, Diplomacy +19, Gather Information +19, Handle Animal +9, Hide +6, Intimidate +20, Knowledge (Arcana) +63, Knowledge (Architecture) +15, Knowledge (Demonology) +20, Knowledge (Dragonkind) +12, Knowledge (Dreams) +12, Knowledge (Geography) +23, Knowledge (History) +30, Knowledge (Local) +24, Knowledge (Monsters) +16, Knowledge (Nature) +23, Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty) +20, Knowledge (Portals & Gates) +22, Knowledge (Religion) +20, Knowledge (The Planes) +44, Listen +16, Move Silently +7, Open Lock +4, Psicraft +15, Ride +8, Search +17, Sleight of Hand +3, Speak Language +9, Spellcraft +55, Spot +16, Tumble +8, Use Magic Device +19.
Feats: Attune Gem, Cooperative Spell, Craft Contingent Spell, Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Craft Staff, Craft Wand, Craft Wondrous Item, Empower Spell, Epic Skill Focus: Knowledge (Arcana), Epic Spellcasting (Arcana), Greater Spell Penetration, Heighten Spell, Improved Heighten Spell, Improved Metamagic, Improved Spell Capacity x5, Intensify Spell, Martial Weapon Proficiency: Longsword, Maximize Spell, Multispell, Polyglot, Quicken Spell, Scribe Scroll, Spell Focus: Evocation, Spell Penetration, Weapon Focus: Dagger, Weapon Focus: Longsword, Weapon Focus: Quarterstaff.
Special Qualities: Elven traits: +2 racial bonus on listen, Search (entitled to a search check when passing within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door), and Spot checks; low-light vision; immune to sleep; +2 racial bonus on a saves against enchantment, proficient with longsword and rapier, proficient with shortbow, longbow, composite longbow, and composite shortbow. Seed affinity x4, Mythal inventionx4

Chosen Immunities: Srinshee is unaffected by attacks that duplicate these effects: Magic Missile, Web, Fireball, Evard’s Black Tentacles, Feeblemind, Disintegrate, Anti-Magic Ray, Trap the Soul, Time Stop Chosen Spell-Like Abilities: 1/Day – Magic Missile, Melf’s Acid Arrow, Dispel Magic, Dimension Door, Teleport, Greater Dispel Magic, Plane Shift, Greater Planar Binding, Srinshee’s Spell Shift Detect Magic (Su): Line of Sight

Enhanced Constitution: The Chosen of Mystra Template adds +10 to Constitution.

Enhanced Intelligence/Wisdom: Srinshee has used multiple wished to increase her Wisdom by+4 and Intelligence by +2.

Silver Fire (Su): See Chapter 2 of the Forgotten Realm Campaign Setting

Epic Spells Per Day: 6

Epic Spells Known: Contingent Resurrection, Epic Mage Armor, Epic Spell Resistance, Let Go of Me, Greater Ruin; The Srinshee is known to have the knowledge of at least three other epic spells but so far these are unknown.

Spells Known: All spells from any publications that the DM deems fit.

Spells Prepared (Wiz 4/8/8/7/7/11/11/7/6/7/3/2/2/2/2 Base Dc24+spell level, Dc28+spell level for evocation spells):
Caster Level: 34th Level
Go to Top of Page

elven_songstress
Learned Scribe

126 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2005 :  23:15:16  Show Profile  Visit elven_songstress's Homepage Send elven_songstress a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thats a good version of her Darkhope.

We need to be reminded sometimes that a sunrise lasts but a few minutes,but its beauty can burnin our hearts eternally."
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2010 :  11:27:34  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's nice. Good thing I found it.
But one of the sources says she's 46th level! Can anyone confirm it?

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2010 :  13:46:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zireael

Hmmm. I seem to recall Ed provided some brief 'unofficial' 3e stats/rules advice for the Srinshee in the "Realmslore from Elminster in Myth Drannor" of The Annotated Elminster. Those stats declare the Srinshee as a 54th level character [Wizard29/Sorcerer16/Archmage9].

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2010 :  15:01:35  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Hmmm. I seem to recall Ed provided some brief 'unofficial' 3e stats/rules advice for the Srinshee in the "Realmslore from Elminster in Myth Drannor" of The Annotated Elminster. Those stats declare the Srinshee as a 54th level character [Wizard29/Sorcerer16/Archmage9].

Are you telling me that she is higher lvl than Larloch??? Thats preette vild!

Also the whriteup of her is nice, but how can you raise the ability score first 5 with a tome and then 2 moere with Wish

I thought that one could only raise it 5 in total inherent bonus, but it seemes she has gained +7 inherent bonus??
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2010 :  16:03:50  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolai Withander

quote:

quote:

Again, from Ed, and quoted from the source referenced above:-
quote:
I want her to be more powerful that Larloch in raw wizardly casting power. Her stats should be staggering in power ...

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36788 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2010 :  16:05:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Also the whriteup of her is nice, but how can you raise the ability score first 5 with a tome and then 2 moere with Wish

I thought that one could only raise it 5 in total inherent bonus, but it seemes she has gained +7 inherent bonus??

Having the goddess of magic on your side undoubtedly helps with breaking the rules of some spells.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2010 :  16:13:13  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Having the goddess of magic on your side undoubtedly helps with breaking the rules of some spells.

Again, as Ed notes, the Srinshee's Chosen of Mystra status undoubtedly gives her an considerable advantage.

Edited by - The Sage on 01 May 2010 16:14:05
Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2010 :  17:13:43  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All true...

One thing I realy find Sick/cool is the statement: I want her to be more powerful that Larloch in raw wizardly casting power. Her stats should be staggering in power ...

That statement is like... HOLY SH... Then she must be more or less the most powerful spell caster in all of Faerūn. Go home ye old bag o' bones!
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2010 :  18:12:26  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Picks up jaw from the floor.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Menelvagor
Senior Scribe

Israel
352 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2010 :  19:02:48  Show Profile  Visit Menelvagor's Homepage Send Menelvagor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We're talking about a woamn who's probably a demi-god. I mean, in 3.5, I think avatars of lesser gods were level 40. But she's lived as long or longer than some gods, and I think she might also be a pseudo-Chosen of the Seldarine. The questions is, what happens to her in 4e? Hmm... I'm off to ask Ed if we'll see her soon... maybe we'll hear about her in ELminster must die...

"Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?
Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly.
How much less them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation in the dust, are crushed before the moth?" - Eliphaz the Temanite, Job IV, 17-19.

"Yea, though he live a thousand years twice, yet hath he seen no good: do not all go to one place?" - Ecclesiastes VI, 6.

"There are no stupid questions – just a bunch of inquisitive idiots."

"Let's not call it 'hijacking'. Let's call it 'Thread Drift'."

Edited by - Menelvagor on 01 May 2010 19:03:52
Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2010 :  19:25:25  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Perhaps realy its not that dificult to understand. She is ancient. She is a antedeluvian. Think she's about 3400 yeahs. Could anyone confirm this?
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2010 :  20:27:42  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh. She's even more than the quite official stats Ed gave in THE ANNOTATED ELMINSTER. But I dare not say more.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2010 :  20:33:21  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
UH UH UH... you cant do that

So what you are not saying is that she is more powerful still?

daaaaamn!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000