Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Canon characters in the video games
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
233 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2011 :  10:29:28  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shoon VII/Zallanora Agentresses is also in Baldur's Gate II. He appears as a member of the cowled wizards if you keep violating the magic law.

"A true warrior needs no sword" - Thors (Vinland Saga)
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2011 :  11:04:58  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Light

Shoon VII/Zallanora Agentresses is also in Baldur's Gate II. He appears as a member of the cowled wizards if you keep violating the magic law.

Ooh. Color me surprised. I'm going to look for her in the BG files...

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
233 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2011 :  12:02:52  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zireael
Ooh. Color me surprised. I'm going to look for her in the BG files...
........I believe that colour is adequate enough.

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2011 :  12:44:35  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Actually Alustriel, Drizzt, Elminster, Khelben and Piergeiron all appear in Baldur's Gate II as part of a challenge/riddle in the shaugin city. I won't put them in the list because they don't talk and don't do anything at all, but nevertheless I thought I'd share this with everyone.

yeah its more of a magical copy of them rather then the characters themselves.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
233 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  13:13:01  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair
Either that or those imps sure had some powerful friends to play with.

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  15:38:15  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Either that or those imps sure had some powerful friends to play with.

Those imps ain't no wimps.

Go to Top of Page

Lily M Green
Learned Scribe

Australia
115 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2011 :  22:17:02  Show Profile  Visit Lily M Green's Homepage Send Lily M Green a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

There were several more characters from Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast in Baldur's Gate. Off my head: Taerom Fuirum surely. I don't have time right now to check several others...

@ Light: Maybe putting the novel/sourcebook in which the character is (aside from the most-wellknown) would be a good idea?

Madam Litaar from The Threat From The Sea trilogy is one who features (In Volo's Guide under the section for Velen) but the description of her home is different from that which appears in the novels IIRC and didn't know you could encounter her in game?

Drizzit & Artemis are unlockable playable characters in the Baldur's Gate : Dark Alliance games but they don't actually add much to the experience TBH.

BTW: Does anyone know if 'Jherek' from the dark alliance games is the same one from Threat from the Sea?

ETA: Uh, sorry, Alystra already mentioned the DA playables.... Serves me right for jumping in.

ETA: Again! I might be wrong but I believe that Alyth @ the Elfsong Tavern in Dark Alliance is canon.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

A Dark Alliance - Beyond Baldur's Gate

Edited by - Lily M Green on 04 Mar 2011 22:32:46
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  08:02:19  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alyth is also in the Baldur's Gate I and yes, she's canon (she's in FRCS, as is the leader of the thieves' guild of Baldur's Gate, can't remember his name).

Go to Top of Page

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
233 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  09:00:27  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Alyth is also in the Baldur's Gate I and yes, she's canon (she's in FRCS, as is the leader of the thieves' guild of Baldur's Gate, can't remember his name).

Will add Alyth and Ravenscar (thieve's guild leader). Actually are all the people mentioned in Volo's Guide to Baldur's Gate (in the bg manual of course) canon? Because Bentley Mirrorshade, Kelddath Ormlyr and Taerom Fuiruim are all in there and are also mentioned elsewhere.

quote:
Originally posted by Lily M Green
Madam Litaar from The Threat From The Sea trilogy is one who features (In Volo's Guide under the section for Velen) but the description of her home is different from that which appears in the novels IIRC and didn't know you could encounter her in game?
Um..you've lost me. Are you saying that she is in the game?

Go to Top of Page

Lily M Green
Learned Scribe

Australia
115 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  12:40:17  Show Profile  Visit Lily M Green's Homepage Send Lily M Green a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Kharne (Karne)? If that's who you mean then hat's really useful to know, I've been searching for some more information on him. Thanks :)

& Light, sorry for the confusion. I didn't / don't think that you could actually meet her (Madame Litaar) in game but she's listed in Volo's Guide to Baldur's Gate II. Good scroll btw!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

A Dark Alliance - Beyond Baldur's Gate

Edited by - Lily M Green on 05 Mar 2011 13:02:47
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  13:13:50  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Actually are all the people mentioned in Volo's Guide to Baldur's Gate (in the bg manual of course) canon? Because Bentley Mirrorshade, Kelddath Ormlyr and Taerom Fuiruim are all in there and are also mentioned elsewhere.

They are, see Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast.

Go to Top of Page

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
233 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  14:41:03  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lily M Green
Good scroll btw!
Thanks!

Unfortunately though I believe that the 'thief guild leader' that Zireael was talking about would be Ravenscar (forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Ravenscar) as opposed to Kharne. Kharne was my favourite character in the Dark Alliance series and unfortunately there seems to be nothing on him.

Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2011 :  16:13:24  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I meant Ravenscar.

EDIT: Renal Bloodscalp, from Baldur's Gate II, is canon (Lands of Intrigue).

Edited by - Zireael on 07 Mar 2011 18:33:07
Go to Top of Page

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
233 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2011 :  11:47:03  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Renal Bloodscalp will be added. Actually I always disliked this guy, he always seemed up himself. Never could kill him though or Arkanis Gath would appear and BAM!

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2011 :  12:56:47  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's like taking Drizzt's stuff. You can play with his toys for only a little while until I think it's Malchor Harpell who comes to take it away (so ummm, add Harpell to the list for BG2)

Go to Top of Page

BlackAce
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2011 :  13:12:13  Show Profile Send BlackAce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not really a novel apperance but pretty much every NPC in Mulsantir in NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer is lifted straight from the Mulsantir entry in Unapproachable East.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2011 :  13:55:39  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ophala Cheldarstorn of the Moonstone Mask. She is I believe in NWN 1. She is also I think in Volo's Guide to the North.

Go to Top of Page

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
233 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2011 :  06:13:59  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlackAce

Not really a novel apperance but pretty much every NPC in Mulsantir in NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer is lifted straight from the Mulsantir entry in Unapproachable East.
I don't have either of the NWN2 expansion so unfortunately there isn't really anyway for me to check on their names. I was thinking of buying them though and hoping that they will still play on the computer (computer is unfortunately lacking in a quality video card these days).

Edited by - Light on 09 Mar 2011 06:15:56
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2011 :  08:58:26  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlackAce

Sheva Whitefeather, Fyldrin of the Eleven Chairs, Shelvedar Nuum. Confirmed.

Go to Top of Page

MisterX
Learned Scribe

Germany
118 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2011 :  02:34:38  Show Profile Send MisterX a Private Message  Reply with Quote
May I ask where excactly Artemis entrery is being encountered in BG2?

I've lost track of recent realmslore, since my campaigns are still in the 1370ies. :-)
---
When talking about rules (and related stuff) I always refer to 3.5e unless explicitly noted.
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2011 :  10:04:23  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MisterX

May I ask where excactly Artemis entrery is being encountered in BG2?

In Bodhi's lair, when you come to destroy her. I think he shows up only if we get Drizzt to help, though.

Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2011 :  11:55:35  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I always wondered whether the Hosttower mage Sydney Natale who plays some role in Neverwinter Nights 2 might be the Hosttower mage Sydney from Streams of Silver. The latter - an acquaintance of Harkle Harpell, BTW - is killed by Catti-Brie at the end of the book, as far as I remember, so either NWN2's Sydney Natale (NWN2 is set before SoS, see below) is an homage, or she was raised after C-B killed her.

Clues (apart from the same name and them belonging to the Hosttower):
In Streams of Silver, Sydney (no further name is given, I think) is described as being ambitious, "car[ing] little for physical appearances" and being 25 years old - all three features fit the NWN2 character nicely: compare the NWN2 in-game description "Heavyset with unkempt hair and a frumpy dress, this Luskan mage still carries herself with a regal bearing"; NWN2-Sydney is indeed not the most beautiful figure in the game ( http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20071009185251/nwn2/images/thumb/5/50/Sydney_natale.jpg/327px-Sydney_natale.jpg ), and she is depicted as a middle-aged woman (see picture): Streams of Silver is set in 1356 DR and NWN2 in 1374 DR, so SoS-Sydney would have been 43 years old in 1374 DR.

What do you think? Too many coincidences there for my taste.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3740 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2011 :  15:28:39  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

...and at one point you get to play as Drizzt.

-Funnest part in an otherwise underwhelming and somewhat crappy game.

-Don't know if it's relevant or not, but the Undrentide Enclave is canon, now. Not the events in the video game, but it's existence itself.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Tamsar
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
141 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2011 :  00:49:21  Show Profile Send Tamsar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Been a while but I'm pretty sure the owner of the Elfsong Tavern is in BG, 1/2 elf female Ranger7 Alyth Elendara. Mentioned in Volos guide to the Sword Coast.

Edit: Nvm, I see she is already on the List.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light

Edited by - Tamsar on 03 Aug 2011 00:50:20
Go to Top of Page

Tamsar
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
141 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2011 :  00:53:47  Show Profile Send Tamsar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Surely there must have been some canon NPC's in Descent to Undermountain. Been ages since I tried playing it, but I'm pretty sure I recall at least Durnan, as you start off in the yawning Portal.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light
Go to Top of Page

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
233 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2011 :  08:07:05  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I'm back from the dead and it's time for an overhaul of this scroll. I've changed to format of the character index so that it 1) looks better and 2) is easier to use. Also now included in the opening post is a status update of all 'pending' characters and other 'notes'. Sorry to everyone who has posted since I dropped off the face of the earth (it's just a couple of posts though).
quote:
Originally posted by Tamsar

Surely there must have been some canon NPC's in Descent to Undermountain. Been ages since I tried playing it, but I'm pretty sure I recall at least Durnan, as you start off in the yawning Portal.

Unfortunately I don't have the game....maybe I'll try to get it or maybe I'll see if I can track down a walktrhough that might tell me the name of some characters that appear in it or something...

Edited by - Light on 31 Aug 2011 08:09:29
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2011 :  10:51:12  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My suggestion regarding Sydney didn't convince you, then?
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2011 :  16:04:28  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
# Fyldrin of the Eleven Chairs (reference needed [credit: Zireael]
# Shelvedar Nuum (reference needed) [credit: Zireael]
# Sheva Whitefeather (reference needed) [credit: Zireael]

They all appear in NWN 2 MotB, and are in canon Unapproachable East sourcebook.

Go to Top of Page

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
233 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2011 :  07:02:45  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thieran

My suggestion regarding Sydney didn't convince you, then?

I guess your reasoning is sound but.....it's all speculation. I'll put it into the notes section or maybe the pending. Who knows, maybe one day I'll come around.
quote:
Originally posted by Thieran

They all appear in NWN 2 MotB, and are in canon Unapproachable East sourcebook.
Aha! Yes they are! Page 146 in fact.

Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2011 :  11:49:01  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In your list I don't see Ribald. He is mentioned in Baldur's Gate I and appears as the Adventurer's Mart shop owner in Waukeen's Promenade in Shadows of Amn. I think he is cannon character, yet not sure of the sourcebook he appears in.

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est

Edited by - Thelonius on 01 Sep 2011 11:51:25
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000