Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Canon characters in the video games
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2011 :  08:33:46  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Canon: Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast, game: Baldur's Gate.

Ulraunt, Tethtoril, Berrun Ghastkill, Bentley Cloakshadow and his wife, Taerom Fuirum.

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
233 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2024 :  15:50:12  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why hello everybody. Now that Baldur's Gate 3 has been out for quite some time I thought I'd see if anybody knows of any characters we can add to the list.

So, do you know of any characters appearing in BG3 (or other games) that exist in other Forgotten Realms material (campaign settings, magazines, novels etc.)?

"A true warrior needs no sword" - Thors (Vinland Saga)
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1284 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2024 :  18:11:13  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the issue is that so little source material has come out recently for FR since BG3 was released. There is a FR Sourcebook update coming out, that's probably the best chance we'll get to see if any of the BG3 NPCs/people become canon
Go to Top of Page

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
233 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2024 :  13:59:03  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What about characters making cameos? I can think of at least 3. Elminster, Volo and Vlaakith CLVII. Can you think of any others? I am playing through with my brother and we missed significant parts of the game so far. There must be others we have missed.

"A true warrior needs no sword" - Thors (Vinland Saga)
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2024 :  19:52:24  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Note: Drizzt Do'Urden also appears in Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1 & 2. Artemis Entreri is also in Dark Alliance 2.

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31743 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2024 :  00:49:46  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I seem to recall Szass Tam being “alluded” to in Planescape Torment … or it may have been in the novelisation. Might need to double check that.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000