Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Returned Abeir Novels?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2011 :  21:01:31  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The two novels that will bring me into the 4e novel line are Godborn and Serpent's Daughter. If I like those, I may consider reading some of the other 4e Realms novels written by some of my favorite Realms authors. Right now I am enjoying being subscribed to the Pathfinder Tales line. So far those novels have enchanted me in the same way that the Realms novels used to.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2011 :  21:19:24  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Caolin

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

I don't like Returned Abeir, but I don't dislike it either. So I will read a novel set in it depending on who the characters are. I'm not a fan of Kiril Duskmourn. She and her ridiculous sword, Angul, bored me in Darkvision. If she'll be featured in a Returned Abeir novel as a main character, I'm going to pass.

You haven't read much of the 4E fiction have you? Check out Plague of Spells.

Oh yeah, if your looking for Cthulu fan-fic, set in the realms...you cant afford to miss that one

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2011 :  21:20:30  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

The two novels that will bring me into the 4e novel line are Godborn and Serpent's Daughter. If I like those, I may consider reading some of the other 4e Realms novels written by some of my favorite Realms authors. Right now I am enjoying being subscribed to the Pathfinder Tales line. So far those novels have enchanted me in the same way that the Realms novels used to.

thanks for the reminder....I need to move Winter Witch to the top of my "to buy" list!

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2011 :  00:27:37  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:

quote:

I don't like Returned Abeir, but I don't dislike it either. So I will read a novel set in it depending on who the characters are. I'm not a fan of Kiril Duskmourn. She and her ridiculous sword, Angul, bored me in Darkvision. If she'll be featured in a Returned Abeir novel as a main character, I'm going to pass.

Oh yeah, if your looking for Cthulu fan-fic, set in the realms...you cant afford to miss that one

It's more than that. Cordell's "Aboleth Sovereignty" novels provide a further firm foundation for the future of aboleth activity in the 4e Realms.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2011 :  01:12:33  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I read a lot of 4E fiction. I'm not one of the haters. I also read, and in fact, like Plague of Spells, and that's because of Japheth and the Lord of Bats.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2011 :  01:15:51  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's more than that. Cordell's "Aboleth Sovereignty" novels provide a further firm foundation for the future of aboleth activity in the 4e Realms.

Agreed.

The rise of the Abolethic Sovereignty was one of things I had looked forward to before reading the trilogy. The more evil organizations in the Realms, the better.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2011 :  01:19:31  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

quote:

quote:

I think he skipped a lot of novels

As I noted in the past, just those elfy, Manshoony [with the exception of Shandril saga and ELMINSTER MUST DIE], and knighty ones.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2011 :  02:44:36  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

quote:

quote:

Doesn't seem like Much more than that, except reminiscent of V motherships ...but either way it's Another neg for me, but glad it's interesting to someone.

Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

769 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2011 :  02:44:40  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

I read a lot of 4E fiction. I'm not one of the haters. I also read, and in fact, like Plague of Spells, and that's because of Japheth and the Lord of Bats.

I brought it up because you mentioned Kiril and Angul. I won't spoil it for those who haven't read Plague of Spells, but since you read the novel you will know what I am speaking of.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2011 :  05:34:16  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Indeed, I know. I think it's not that much of a spoiler if I say Angul found a new wielder.

I recall a line about that silly sword that reminded me why I dislike most of powerful or sentient/quasi sentient swords---it was something like "Angul has duties to perform in Faerun's defense." Why can't Raidon have a scythe or a rake for a change?

Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2011 :  03:53:25  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't mind novels set in Abeir proper.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2011 :  21:19:06  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I wouldn't be surprised if the first novel to feature this uncharted territory would again have the ubiquitous Drizzt.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000