Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Star Elf, Sun Elf, Moon Elf, Avariel, Aasimar, etc
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2011 :  04:07:52  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Pickig up fro m Aasimar, Genasi and Tiefling, where the book s predominantly about that race or has characters tha do not have a(it's ok to tell me bookswith those that die, but I prefer characters thay do nt) short time in te book.

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2011 :  04:30:15  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Man, you really gotta work on those typos. Ohgma will strike you down. I recently enjoyed Paul Kemp's work featuring Magadon, a tiefling scion of Mephistopheles.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Edited by - Fellfire on 17 Feb 2011 04:32:05
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2011 :  05:19:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure what you're asking...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7989 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2011 :  05:21:36  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Magadon's an odd case. He's technically a full half-blooded cambion. Though, yes, his appearance, abilities, and psychology seems more like that of a mere tiefling; he can even pass for a human by just wearing a hat to cover his horns. Being a capable psion doesn't hurt. Being sired by Mephistopheles does.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2011 :  11:32:40  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I was in a hurry when I was writig thus lol. I wat to know f any boo that deals with the affrmentioned race specifically or has charactes thay are said race :)
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2011 :  11:34:15  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ouch my eyes and my brain are in pain!!

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2011 :  11:37:10  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, and I'm typing on a Nook, ad it doesn't have good typing skills. What I mean is its a touch screen and I could acidentally strie a leter beside oit or when I type fast it won't registea letter sometime XC
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2011 :  12:17:39  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tradwitch1313

Oh, and I'm typing on a Nook, ad it doesn't have good typing skills. What I mean is its a touch screen and I could acidentally strie a leter beside oit or when I type fast it won't registea letter sometime XC

Try typing slower (thats what I do when I use my iPhone here).

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2011 :  12:52:01  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That device sounds like it has a bad operator.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2011 :  16:22:23  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is an Avariel in the Year of the Rogue Dragons trilogy, there is a Star Elf in Star Deep, and there is an Air Genasi (IIRC) in the Last Mythal trilogy.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7989 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2011 :  20:41:21  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Backspace key and spellcheck software.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2011 :  00:43:27  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well back on su bject and not hatin on my wretched Nook typing skills (it's an eBook reader btw),I already knew about Maresa Rost from The Last Mythal XD. I'm obsessed wity tht series lol. Does that Avariel not habe his wings? (I've heard of him before) And isn't jay book a 4e book? If so, I will jump up and down and do a victory dance!
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2011 :  03:00:19  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Avariel in the Year of Rogue Dragons trilogy is named Taegan, and yes, he DOES have wings. Black ones, to be precise. Although he spends a good part of one of the books with them injured due to a fire, so he spends much of that part of the book land-bound. However, he does indeed fly quite a bit in the later books, and even separates from the main party at several points to fly re-con or to go on urgent missions for them. Oh, and he's also teamed up with a fairy dragon....

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7989 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2011 :  03:40:26  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I recall a brief mention (somewhere) of a Red Wizard who collected avariel feathers to use as spell components. I remember thinking that though it's obvious a Red could burn down avariels without difficulty, it's probably a bit tricky to do it in a way that keeps the feathers intact.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Tyrant
Senior Scribe

USA
586 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2011 :  03:43:03  Show Profile  Visit Tyrant's Homepage Send Tyrant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The upcoming Sandstorm features a Fire Genasi as the primary character. The Brotherhood of the Griffon series has had a couple of Genasi as side characters and I would have to assume they will play a larger role in the upcoming third book. You weren't asking about them, but that series also features a number of Dragonborn characters. If you take the view that Aasimars and Devas are interchangable, then Circle of Skulls is one you might want to check out along with the upcoming Dawnbringer. Gauntlgrym also features a Tiefling Shade. He isn't a huge character in this book but I imagine he will be more prominent in the follow up, Neverwinter Wood, which comes out in October. The Blades of the Moonsea trilogy has a Tiefling as one of the heroes companions.

Edit to add: I had to look it up to make sure I wasn't just imagining things, but the hero of Bloodwalk is also an Aasimar.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code

Teenage Sith zombies, Tulkh thought-how in the moons of Bogden had it all started? Every so often, the universe must just get bored and decide to really cut loose. -Star Wars: Red Harvest

Edited by - Tyrant on 18 Feb 2011 03:52:29
Go to Top of Page

Lady Fellshot
Senior Scribe

USA
379 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2011 :  04:55:23  Show Profile  Visit Lady Fellshot's Homepage Send Lady Fellshot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

The Avariel in the Year of Rogue Dragons trilogy is named Taegan, and yes, he DOES have wings. Black ones, to be precise. Although he spends a good part of one of the books with them injured due to a fire, so he spends much of that part of the book land-bound. However, he does indeed fly quite a bit in the later books, and even separates from the main party at several points to fly re-con or to go on urgent missions for them. Oh, and he's also teamed up with a fairy dragon....

Jivex is an awesome foil to Taegan.

Also, the Last Mythal Trilogy has a multitude of elves in it including star elves.

Rants and reviews that interest no one may be found here.

Edited by - Lady Fellshot on 18 Feb 2011 04:56:25
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2011 :  11:54:47  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is Year of the Rogue Dragon a 4e book?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000