Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Who is Exilion
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eilinel
Learned Scribe

France
296 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  15:05:11  Show Profile  Visit eilinel's Homepage Send eilinel a Private Message  Delete Topic
Some people talked about her -or him- with mmmh kind and nice expression... But others seem to fear -and the term is all right i think- her as well.
Who is she exactly and how some topics cannot be talked about in Candlekeep? Is there a veto somewhere?

Edited by - Alaundo on 26 Aug 2004 11:40:06

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  15:12:16  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message
Next time you see Zemd, ask.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

eilinel
Learned Scribe

France
296 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  15:15:45  Show Profile  Visit eilinel's Homepage Send eilinel a Private Message
Well, it seems to be a hot topic, isn't it?
I will. i will... But if Zemd'd work for anybody -thing i can't even imagine- i think it would be with me
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  17:10:40  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message
It was a rogue scribe who insulted Alaundo and the whole library.
Read this scrolls... especially the locked ones
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  17:55:54  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message
...such a tempting topic

so much to say, so little of it fit for the ears of a lady.

Sorry, my dear I was taught long ago if you don't have anything nice to say then to say nothing at all.

Suffice it to say he angered a great many of the scribes who love this place, and that his presence is no longer desired.

Fair enough?

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Malice
Seeker

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  19:57:49  Show Profile  Visit Malice's Homepage Send Malice a Private Message
true, true. but i cant help feeling bad for them.

"Khaless? Ha. Vel'bol zhah nindol 'khaless' dos telanth? d'usstan zhaun ol naut."
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2003 :  00:58:02  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message
I must say I find it very amusing when a scribe here writes a phrase of retort, or a phrase of criticism and someone posts a physical challenge. It is so amusing because I know that if the conversation was taking place on a college campus somewhere, the person would NEVER have the guts to throw out a physical challenge. People that must push muscle around on message boards WREAK of insecurity so much you can SLIP on it!

I don't get upset at them, I just laugh at them and smile; glad they are there to amuse me.

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2003 :  01:52:25  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by mournblade94
<snip>
...I don't get upset at them, I just laugh at them and smile; glad they are there to amuse me.

While I agree with you Mournblade94, (incidentally why don't you get your name changed to just Mournblade on the forums here?)about the whole insecurity and the intrinsic lack of intelligence that is associated when people post such threats and speak of "warring" on other "realms".

I have a real problem with such people and cannot be amused by them. Their behavior is RUDE and to me unacceptable and usually I go to great lengths to not have dealings with people that I consider rude.

It's about a fundamental lack of respect. I think every human being deserves a certain amount of respect until they show themselves to be undeserving of it.

When someone comes to my "home" and starts &$^#, I get annoyed. So forgive me if i come off huffy

Artalis

Email

Edited by - Artalis on 22 May 2003 01:59:43
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2003 :  18:14:46  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message
Exilion didn't amuse me at all. I don't like when everything is quit and calm all the time (in fact i hate!) but he caused too much trouble. Furthermore, he was given a lot of opportunity to regain our trust, but he made fun of us all by continuing his actions
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2003 :  00:53:30  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message
Actually Artalis that is a great idea! Unfortunately I have no idea how to change my user name. I can change anything ELSE but that it seems.

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2003 :  02:32:23  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by mournblade94

Actually Artalis that is a great idea! Unfortunately I have no idea how to change my user name. I can change anything ELSE but that it seems.

Just shoot a message to Alaundo or the Candlekeep Webmaster or alternately you can just do this:

HEY ALAUNDO!! MOURNBLADE WANTS THE DRUMMERBOY TREATMENT!!!
THANKS!!

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2003 :  05:10:33  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message
Bookwyrm drops his book, his hands moving into spellcasting position before he realizes that it isn't a sonic attack. "Really Artalis! This is a library. I'm surprised at you." A bit huffily, he picks up his book and starts reading again, seemingly oblivious to his suroundings once more.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.

Edited by - Bookwyrm on 23 May 2003 05:11:17
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2003 :  08:24:46  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message
::throws hands over his ears as Artalis' voice booms around the room and echoes down the hallway towards Alaundo's room::

Oops!

::frantically scribbles away in fear of Alaundo's wrath::

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2003 :  09:11:27  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message
::heavy footsteps are heard bounding up the corridor, the door to the room swings open and Alaundo looks around the room with a deep scowl on his face::

Who's shoutin'?! This is a library, and a well respected one at that!

::storms over to Mournblades desk, removes his name plate and replaces it with another before exiting the room........closing the door very quietly this time::

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2003 :  15:26:02  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message
heh

*mumbles under his breath "beer foam on my beard indeed...now lets see...aardvarks are mentioned over here in books 3, 12, 75 oh now drat it all where's volume 75? "*

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Leader
Learned Scribe

USA
337 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2003 :  15:54:12  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Leader's Homepage Send Cult_Leader a Private Message
That seem very dumb..... A phsyical threat against a bit of good old health critismism? *shakes his head some* Sometimes I think some people should just take a chill pill sit back and watch good old happy cartoons ... happy ones... not violent ones... And they should stay way from the computer and not say a word to anyone else.... because they sound so much smarter when they don't say a word *sighs*.

LMFAO Russain mafia. Ims orry to say this but a mafia would never come out to wack someone over a few spilled words. Im sorry but that is not how a mafia works. They would actually lose face by dowing that. Not to say anything against you Alundo, but to a mafia your hardly worth it. They wouldnt get the kind of respect/ "credit" to their name for "wacking" someone like you off. I dont know why people do this, but people that are little mindless teens and younger always seem to think that they can scare someone by saying " oh I will get gang members after you" or "YOu have the mafia after you". Thats stupid. A normal Joe-Smoe everyday person is not going to get wacked by a mafia member. Infact most Mafia members never even kill someone themselves. They NORMALLY hire hit men. Which guess what ... COST MANY MANY DOLLARS.... they are as I have said ... NOT and NEVER WOULD spend that much money on killing one person for something like that.

However is it were Masons that were "after you" I would be afraid. THey are every where lol. One could even be your neighbor!

"Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?"

Piddles assumes a deep and resonant voice. "Space...the Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the starship...Garou. It's mission: to slay Wyrm creatures where they live and breed. To accumulate more Garou than the world's entire population. To produce metis like no one has before." - Piddles

"Aren't you people supposed to be doing something? Like, entertaining me, the fascist wizard?" - InleRah

I have the passwords to the minds of everyone and the cheat codes to the universe - Me

Edited by - Cult_Leader on 23 May 2003 16:20:59
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2003 :  09:39:50  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
I like to believe that in these situations, people such as Exilion for example, simply have not acquired the finer points of interpersonal communication, that many of us take for granted.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

eilinel
Learned Scribe

France
296 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2003 :  07:35:00  Show Profile  Visit eilinel's Homepage Send eilinel a Private Message
ok... i understand now the rest.
bad story, but we have evrything in the world.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2003 :  17:08:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
How do you mean Eilinel?.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2003 :  11:26:09  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message
i must say i did enjoy the strife he did create but mesing with the big A, not very cool .....
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2003 :  02:59:36  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message
He created no strife. He was an infantile fool lacking the trappings of any higher thought....
A blatant reminder of the failures of the the world...
It was he who spoke not with a mind nor conscious thought but the quibblings of a slime...... he lacked any.. I will not accept the corruption of the higher ways with the acceptance of an ignorant child.
This discussion is now over, leave the dead buried and provoke not my wrath upon thee...

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2003 :  05:56:32  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message
::MuadDib is seen walking around aimlessly, amusing himself and breaking into fits of chuckles every few moments. And as unexpected as his entrance, he meanders out once more::

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2003 :  00:01:44  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message
Sounds like someone's overdue for his visit to the house cleric . . . .

Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2003 :  10:23:24  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message
zemd enters the room and gasp!
Argh! I've been away for a long time and when i come back i see ancient ghost haunting us AGAIN!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2003 :  11:14:41  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by zemd

zemd enters the room and gasp!
Argh! I've been away for a long time and when i come back i see ancient ghost haunting us AGAIN!

Well met

Indeed, youre quite right zemd. Enough is enough, ill send this scroll down the the vault.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly