Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Candlekeep Inn
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2003 :  18:59:38  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was reading posts at the inn (yes i'm only reading, i just spend to much time in the regular forums, i don't want to spend much more!!!)
And i noticed that a lot of patrons are cloaked. I think it's quite funny, imagine the inn where no one can see the other's face

Edited by - Alaundo on 26 Aug 2004 11:39:40

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2003 :  21:35:57  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, that one's easy. You can't see in most nightclubs, what with all those stupid strobing lights . . . . Besides, cloaks look cool.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2003 :  21:42:25  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fashion, fashion, ...
Go to Top of Page

branmakmuffin
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2003 :  21:45:02  Show Profile  Visit branmakmuffin's Homepage Send branmakmuffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We call that "Striderized" in my gaming circle.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2003 :  22:02:07  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, not fashion . . . take one look at my usual clothes and you'll see I could care less about fashion. However, I do have a Faire cloak with this great hood . . . wear some boots and gloves (all black) and such and you get a neat sorcerer look -- especially if you add in a staff of mine. I used that for a Halloween costume last year (no party, just answering the door) and it worked pretty well. I'm looking forward to going to the Faire this year . . . .

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2003 :  22:53:27  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zemd
I was reading posts at the inn (yes i'm only reading, i just spend to much time in the regular forums, i don't want to spend much more!!!)
And i noticed that a lot of patrons are cloaked.

Its damn cold outside, you should go out without a good warm woolen cloak wrapped around you

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Strahd Von Zarovich
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2003 :  00:11:09  Show Profile  Visit Strahd Von Zarovich's Homepage Send Strahd Von Zarovich a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well my friends if it is fashion we are talking about then there is no one person here better to address that issue.

My word I notice a beatiful neck....er I mean necklace over there, it is slightly obscured by her blood.......er I mean hood. I guess it is best to keep it out of my bite......er I mean my sight.

I will get my cloak!

Strahd Von Zarovich

Strahd Von Zarovich

Alaundo and I invite fans of everything D&D to join us!
http://www.worldsofdnd.com
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2003 :  08:13:52  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Strahd Von Zarovich
Well my friends if it is fashion we are talking about then there is no one person here better to address that issue.

My word I notice a beatiful neck....er I mean necklace over there, it is slightly obscured by her blood.......er I mean hood. I guess it is best to keep it out of my bite......er I mean my sight.

I will get my cloak!

::applauds::
Nicely done Strahd Better keep you fangs to yourself though, a certain wyrm stomps around these parts trying to keep all the ladies to himself

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2003 :  14:38:18  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ware, Strahd Von Zarovich! I carry silver at all times. *unsheaths blade a bit*

And Rad, you seem... jealous perhaps? Don't worry, the wyrm doesn't have all of the women- depending on which wyrm you mean.

-Space for rent-
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2003 :  15:41:00  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ROTFLOL... glad to see you back Kitira, and I've seen you've found your way to the inn as well.

I'm sure Winthrop will hang up a sign one of these days: Here be Dragons!
Go to Top of Page

Strahd Von Zarovich
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2003 :  17:59:02  Show Profile  Visit Strahd Von Zarovich's Homepage Send Strahd Von Zarovich a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry about that.....I must have bit my tongue and got a taste for blood and lost all control of my senses.

I guess I will be heading back through the mists to Ravenloft where I can find a nice moisten bint for a snack!

Strahd Von Zarovich

Strahd Von Zarovich

Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2003 :  13:30:16  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Strahd Von Zarovich

I will get my cloak!

Strahd Von Zarovich

Well done stradh!!!
Go to Top of Page

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2003 :  17:22:37  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My thanks, Mumadar. *bows* I missed you all too- I think (j/k). Did you really think I was going to miss a party with you around? I'm looking for proof that 'old men can still party', besides, I have to be there to make sure you don't get drunk. I believe Winthrop has some nice bales of hay for you to sleep on if ye be gettin rowdy.

Oh, Strahd, do come visit the inn. There'll be no blood sucking, but if you've a... taste for good company I suggest you visit us there instead of retreating back to Ravenloft.

-Space for rent-
Go to Top of Page

Strahd Von Zarovich
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2003 :  20:47:32  Show Profile  Visit Strahd Von Zarovich's Homepage Send Strahd Von Zarovich a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its the taste of the good company I am interested in.

It makes a refreshing change to visit here than being stuck in my lonely cold castle all the time chasing women that look in many ways familiar to someone I once knew.

In fact Kitira why don't you come over some time and stay in one of the guest rooms. They are furnished with a lovely four poster dead.......er....I mean bed!

I get my cloak!

Strahd Von Zarovich

Edited by - Strahd Von Zarovich on 18 Mar 2003 20:49:04
Go to Top of Page

MidNight
Acolyte

Netherlands
43 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2003 :  14:57:58  Show Profile  Visit MidNight's Homepage Send MidNight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RadIts damn cold outside, you should go out without a good warm woolen cloak wrapped around you

That was what I was going to say, Rad, indeed.
But I would like to add that it might also be that it has got to do with the fact that everyone is new to the inn. I don't know, it's just a thesis naturally, but maybe the cloak appears populair because of it's protecting functions. Besides the cold, of course

Love magic for itself. Do not treat it just as a weapon to reshape the world to your will. True wisdom is knowing when not to use magic. Strive to use magic less as your powers develop, for often the threat or promise of its use outstrips is actual performance. Magic is an Art, the Gift of the Lady, and those who wield it are privileged it the extreme. Conduct yourself humbly, not proudly, while being mindful of this. Use the Art deftly and efficiently, not carelessly and recklessly. Seek always to learn and create new magic.

Edited by - MidNight on 19 Mar 2003 14:59:07
Go to Top of Page

eilinel
Learned Scribe

France
296 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2003 :  13:13:20  Show Profile  Visit eilinel's Homepage Send eilinel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ye, sure. It has a protective function... but if u never put ur cloak out -and so loose ur protective aura - u willnever meet really anybody, even if i guess that Strahd don't have to meet anyone...hmm
I feel also good with fresh blood... of a cow only. A big bit of bloody meat with mustard !

Sorry, i need to cook something...
Go to Top of Page

Strahd Von Zarovich
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2003 :  16:09:32  Show Profile  Visit Strahd Von Zarovich's Homepage Send Strahd Von Zarovich a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eilinel

I feel also good with fresh blood... of a cow only. A big bit of bloody meat with mustard !

Now look what you have gone and done. I can't hang around here now with people going around mentioning the B word!!

Looks like I'll have to get back off to my castle and rummage up a few virginal villagers for my supper!!

DOH!!

Strahd Von Zarovich

Strahd Von Zarovich

Go to Top of Page

Malice
Seeker

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2003 :  19:17:57  Show Profile  Visit Malice's Homepage Send Malice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
::looks at Strahd Von Zarovich with worry:: Um...yeah. ::turns back to the origianal topic:: I think the idea of everyone in the inn wearing cloaks is because they represent an aura of mystery; we can;t have a new character without the ol' aforementioned 'mystery aura' thing, can we?

"Khaless? Ha. Vel'bol zhah nindol 'khaless' dos telanth? d'usstan zhaun ol naut."
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2003 :  21:42:59  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes we can, someone entering a room in full light with a lot of noise has something to hide. Principle of the wizard (RL one) attract attention to hide something
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  13:56:10  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahh yes,

Zemd, what you just said reminds me of the old theory about 'hiding something in plain sight to make it disappear'. An interesting theory...

Good learning...

- The Sage of Perth: For all your Realms Lore needs

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2003 :  17:56:28  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

The Grounds of Candlekeep are now open.

Oh, and please dont walk on the grass or pick the flowers

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2003 :  01:45:17  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hehehehehe... It is the newest trend... or maybe the oldest?
Anywho...
*Proceeds to flap his cape around.
I am Batman!

Life is like a box of chocolates. Once you eat the poisoned one you die.
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2003 :  17:00:12  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since many of the guests in the Inn is other races then human I think it is natural that many are cloaked. We all now what a drow can be a victim for if she reveals herself*

*Just look at thge way you find Viconia in both BG 1 and 2

Learn about the Ways of Vhaeraun .
- Check out my bio, majore update
- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000