Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Silly question..
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2007 :  00:51:33  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Probably not but I thought I'd ask.. are the forums ever going to have a time zone adjustment on them? :)

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31704 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2007 :  01:37:00  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmmm... Alaundo's planning a number of new updates for the site [and the Forums] in the coming months. I'll bring this up with him.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 25 Aug 2007 01:37:41
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2007 :  02:07:25  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, my flip remark is if you can not do math you should not be playing D&D.

It is fairly even to know the time offset by posting and being a poster that has a computer with a clock display. Script to do time by IP will not indicate always what time zone they are posting from, because some IPs transmit from more then one time zone all traffic.

A feature to claim you are in a certain time zone (even if you are not) tends to be much easier.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2007 :  17:40:18  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hehe I know what the offset it, it's just common place that most forums today have a time zone selector and yeah.. candlekeep is the only forum I visit that I have to do this with. :P

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000