Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Candlekeep Site Update (20 July 2007)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2007 :  18:42:42  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met

A long time coming, but here is the latest collection of scrolls and tomes to enter the halls of Candlekeep. A fine array of material for which to feast thine eyes Thank ye to all who have submitted their work to us to share with ye all.

1) Updated product information pages for: Grand History of the Realms, The Orc King. The Pirate King, The Ghost King, Neversfall, The Best of the Realms, Book III, Reclamation, The Gossamer Plain, Swords of Eveningstar, Undead and Scream of Stone.

2) Updated the Forgotten Realms Bibliography.

3) Updates for So Saith Ed; Added April - June 2007 entries. Thanks to Scott Kujawa.

4) An outstanding piece of artwork of 'Alorin Dawn' in the Gallery of Faerūn - by Andrew Hou.

5) Another excellent map by Mark Taylor, this time of 'The Hordelands'. Located in The Map Room.

6) Updates of words and phrases to the Elven Dictionary, by Steven Sypa.

7) A wondrous collection of lore from the quill of Jared Rascher on various subjects of the Realms and on using D&D core material in the Forgotten Realms setting: 'Terrain Series Races in Faerūn', 'Planar Handbook Races in Faerūn', 'Ferrous Dragons in Faerūn', 'Linnorms in the Forgotten Realms' and 'Jergal's Tooth'. All in PDF for download in the Traveler's Notebooks section.

8) An article on the People of Hillsfar, by Jorkens. Located in the Traveler's Notebooks section.

9) A new campaign journal and character profiles for the Campaign Logs section, by Walker Perkins - Steel Dragons.

10) The last chapters added to The Jeweled Edge campaign journal by Walker Perkins, in the Campaign Logs section.

11) Added Forgotten Realms Cap to the Promotional Material section. Thanks to James Lowder for the image and information.

12) Updated Xysma's D&D Miniatures List to include models from the 'Night Below' expansion. Located in the Wondrous Treasures section.

13) Included links to official WotC FR gallery for Expedition to Undermountain.

As always, these items can be viewed directly via links on the Home Page and News page.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2007 :  19:43:50  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just one little note Alaundo, I think we have had a little misunderstanding here; this was meant as an example of what I was thinking of doing, not the finished text. There are a couple of serious glitches in my lore that I should fix. I think I have a more finished version here somewhere and will send it to you.
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2007 :  22:21:43  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greeting’s Alaundo

Some of the picture at "Arik Witchson gallery” are in different sizes, if you could make them all in the same size it would be great.

One last thing: as I remember I did send you more pictures then I can see in the gallery, are there a max on how many pictures there can be in one gallery?

Keep up the good work… Great being here…

Vic the runaway thief from Zhentilkeep, hiding in Candlekeeps cold cellar.

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1

Edited by - Victor_ograygor on 20 Jul 2007 22:22:00
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2007 :  22:36:54  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Note also that I haven't updated the TOC/Index yet, thought I had some time before the update. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2007 :  00:21:25  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

Just one little note Alaundo, I think we have had a little misunderstanding here; this was meant as an example of what I was thinking of doing, not the finished text. There are a couple of serious glitches in my lore that I should fix. I think I have a more finished version here somewhere and will send it to you.

Well met

Aye, received ok, Jorkens and updated accordingly. Apologies for the mix up.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2007 :  00:22:35  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Victor_ograygor

Greeting’s Alaundo

Some of the picture at "Arik Witchson gallery” are in different sizes, if you could make them all in the same size it would be great.

One last thing: as I remember I did send you more pictures then I can see in the gallery, are there a max on how many pictures there can be in one gallery?

Keep up the good work… Great being here…

Vic the runaway thief from Zhentilkeep, hiding in Candlekeeps cold cellar.

Well met

I haven't received any images from you for quite some time, Victor. Everything up in the gallery is what I received. Feel free to drop me an email to discuss further.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2007 :  00:24:17  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Note also that I haven't updated the TOC/Index yet, thought I had some time before the update. :)

Well met

Come along Kuje, we haven't got all day!

Seriously, I wanted to get this update in place and didn't wish to press ye for the index. Feel free to send it over when it's complete and i'll upload it.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2007 :  00:36:42  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:

Well met

Come along Kuje, we haven't got all day!

Seriously, I wanted to get this update in place and didn't wish to press ye for the index. Feel free to send it over when it's complete and i'll upload it.

Okay, will get it done within a week. Sorry, it's summer and I'm busy. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2007 :  16:09:59  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
halas, an new update. great to see it. I'm going to start again on the fellaren-krae project :)
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2007 :  18:16:14  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Note #2, just sent Alaudno the updated Index/TOC.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2007 :  22:14:36  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Note #2, just sent Alaudno the updated Index/TOC.

Well met

Aye, all received ok. I will be putting up a few items in a mini-site update shortly.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly