Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Script Timeouts?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wenin
Senior Scribe

585 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2007 :  19:56:38  Show Profile Send Wenin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
quote:

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'
Script timed out

/topic.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

I've been getting a lot of timeout messages from the Forum lately. They are happening at what I would feel to be off peak times, such as 1:30pm CST on Sunday.

I've gotten them at home, work, and at school.

Session Reports posted at RPG Geek.
Stem the Tide Takes place in Mistledale.
Dark Curtains - Takes place in the Savage North, starting in Nesmé. I wrapped my campaign into the Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but it takes place in 1372 DR.

Wenin
Senior Scribe

585 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2007 :  19:58:15  Show Profile Send Wenin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I timed out posting this thread. =)

Session Reports posted at RPG Geek.
Stem the Tide Takes place in Mistledale.
Dark Curtains - Takes place in the Savage North, starting in Nesmé. I wrapped my campaign into the Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but it takes place in 1372 DR.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2007 :  23:01:54  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Aye, it seems as though there's been a heavy load on the server recently. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2007 :  21:33:29  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been getting these for months.
Go to Top of Page

Marquant Volker
Learned Scribe

Greece
273 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2007 :  13:12:04  Show Profile Send Marquant Volker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am getting those annoying timeouts too, lately very often. Sometimes the selected action is done but it takes way to much "loading"

PS:hehe i got another timeout while replying this
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2007 :  14:39:48  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aye. All we can say at this point is... we're working on it.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2007 :  21:49:10  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While we are at it ... once you posted something, sometimes you get the timed-out message, but the text has actually been posted. What you do not get is the info on the front page. For example, I posted something in Jaleigh Johnson's thread, "timed-out", the post stands, but the last message shown in the overview of the author's board is that of Wooly Rupert above mine. Thus, unless you look it up, you wouldn't notice that another poster has written something, as the thread seemingly has no new posts.

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerûn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.

Edited by - Zanan on 11 Jul 2007 21:52:12
Go to Top of Page

turox
Learned Scribe

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2007 :  22:06:29  Show Profile  Visit turox's Homepage Send turox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have ran into that problem as well to get it to update I made an edit in mine and that worked.

EDIT: Like I had to do with this one.

Turox Antas Dragonslayer -
"People will believe anything they want to believe, or fear to believe."
Wizard's First Rule: Chapter 36, Page #397, US Hard Cover (revealed by Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander).
Explanation by Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander: "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

Edited by - turox on 11 Jul 2007 22:10:03
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2007 :  22:33:58  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zanan

While we are at it ... once you posted something, sometimes you get the timed-out message, but the text has actually been posted. What you do not get is the info on the front page. For example, I posted something in Jaleigh Johnson's thread, "timed-out", the post stands, but the last message shown in the overview of the author's board is that of Wooly Rupert above mine. Thus, unless you look it up, you wouldn't notice that another poster has written something, as the thread seemingly has no new posts.

Well met

Aye, this has been a common problem of late due to the timeout issue. I've found this situation on many occassions. I'm running topic recounts periodically which corrects this problem until the issue is fully resolved. This is certainly an irritation for those using Active Topics to keep an eye on things

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2007 :  01:05:19  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:
Originally posted by Zanan

Well met

Aye, this has been a common problem of late due to the timeout issue. I've found this situation on many occassions. I'm running topic recounts periodically which corrects this problem until the issue is fully resolved. This is certainly an irritation for those using Active Topics to keep an eye on things

Apologies for the inconvenience.

I will note that most ASP script errors received when replying, seem to occur when using the "QUICK REPLY" function. I've heard scribes receive some of these errors when using the standard "REPLY TO TOPIC" function also, though not as frequently. The negative post counts then recorded for scrolls, appears directly related to the errors received when using the "QUICK REPLY" function.

Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2007 :  09:56:05  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's true. I suggest people writing with the "Reply to topic" option also keep another internet window open and refresh this before posting at Candlekeep. That at least makes sure that the internet connection is running smoothly.

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerûn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.
Go to Top of Page

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2007 :  15:01:25  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ok, i had the same problems too :)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2007 :  16:08:04  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have you had any recently Boddynock?

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36787 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2007 :  20:09:56  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No script timeouts today -- I couldn't get to the forums or the main site, at all, for 3 hours.

Edit: No script timeouts until this post, ironically.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 16 Jul 2007 20:10:50
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2007 :  20:14:19  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Aye, server maintenance meant the site was unavailable until recently. I haven't had any timeouts for quite some time now, however, and the forum appears to be quite fast of late. Let's hope it stays that way

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2007 :  21:07:53  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the last few days I haven't any problems wooly
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2007 :  23:31:28  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don’t want to sound like a irritating little boy, but the problems are back. Maybe its because I post large amount of texts at a time. I dont know.

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1

Edited by - Victor_ograygor on 20 Jul 2007 23:31:39
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2007 :  00:16:50  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Victor_ograygor

I don’t want to sound like a irritating little boy, but the problems are back. Maybe its because I post large amount of texts at a time. I dont know.

Well met

Aye, 'tis all thy fault, Victor I've not experienced any problems for quite some time now. Indeed, it may be a problem with your lengthy posts. Let me know if you experience problems elsewhere on the forum.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly