Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 What the Hell is going on?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2003 :  14:04:39  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ok, i've been out of it for a while and am new to boot

so i am begging for some explinations...

i gather Exilion or what not was a bad cookie who irritated people, fine, topic closed

now i thought we were just a forum of people interested in FR, how is it that there are 'wars' between forums? how does this work? Are people really competing and stuff in terms of my forum is better than yours etc?

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2003 :  15:12:45  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The 'attacks' were just spamming here on the forums. They were pretty insulting, even if they weren't really damaging. However, they also interupted the smooth (okay I used the word loosely!) opperation of the site.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2003 :  15:19:54  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And don't beleive that there is a war between Candlekeep and any other FR based forum. It's just stupid, mindless, unworthy, single persons that try to be interesting by irritating people.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2003 :  17:52:56  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I couldn't agree with that statement more zemd.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2003 :  16:28:05  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry Rad, I have been off in PBeM world, but now that I am running a campaign (don't ask to join we are full up ) I will be availing myself of this fine repository of knowledge.

Honestly I just hadn't much to say for some reason and after some of my favorite scribes had left...it just wasn't the same.

But life is change and so we move on...

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2003 :  21:59:26  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed.

Welcome back, Artalis.

(Is the campaign 2- or 3e? And where, with what levels?)

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2003 :  03:19:28  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know I am somewhat new to this here site but I shall give my 2gp worth on the topic at hand.

In relation to that of the "Infestites" as an older site I was once on called them, they were, usually depending on what happened, given 5 chances (based on the site). The first would be a simple warning from a mod. It would usually state something on the basis of "We have a problem with 1)What you are posting about other members, 2) What you are posting about other sites 3)Your profanity(and other such thing a ma jigs) 4) Posting inappropriate pictures etc. etc. Most of the time this would work. However, incase some of them had been to the local tavern and such a second warning was needed, it would be given out, this having the indications that the member=troublemaker, would be tortured (fingers cut off, blinded), if they continued to post useless, hateful or harmful things. Any ways, once they reached the big number 3 and struck out as they say it, they would be put into the prison for about 3 days (or was it banned from the site for 3 days? Meh). If penalized for a 4th time, they would be exiled from the site for about a week or so. 5th time around, and they were executed, I mean... banned for good. IP address (I think I said that right) would be locked off by the mod/admin and they would longer be able to post. This usually solved most problems as the "Infestites" would get the hint after 1 or 2 warnings. Anyone who didn't, either didn't care if he was banned or was a mumbling challenged psycho who had an evil mission bent on taking over the world in diabolical manipulation with secret messages in his posts that would brainwash the other members in to building weapons of mass destruction so that he could take over the WORLD! (Looks around nervously) Not that I would know of course.

As for the decrease in members on the site, I haven't been here for that long, but yes it does seem that there are fewer sayings on the site. Of course that could be explained with jobs, school (curses both), vacations (happy day) and such. Also, we need Campaigns! They may very well bring in more people, and that of the Candlekeep Inn forum is basically (well at least almost) a campaign. With all the different members on this site, to make and run one with them would be quite interesting indeed.

This post may have things in that have already been posted before but, um, I wasn't here so that is it. *Casually walks away and trips down a flight of stairs.

PS - Zemd is right. There dosen't seem to be any "wars" with any other of the sites.

PSS - I may not know who you are but welcome back Artalis.

PSSS (I think that is legal) - Are there PM's on this site that I don't know of?

Life is like a box of chocolates. Once you eat the poisoned one you die.

Edited by - Salabasha on 27 Jul 2003 03:24:34
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2003 :  12:28:49  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, each time you add a 'PS' you put in an extra P, not an S. 'PS' stands for 'post-script' (post meaning 'after'). PPS is Post-Post-Script, or "in addition to the addition to the main body of my message."

Now, here's my question -- what do you mean by 'PM'?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2003 :  12:38:16  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think he may mean the 'personal message' system that is available on some forums.

It allows one to send quick pop-up messages to other forum users, as long as they are registered.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2003 :  13:25:06  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh. I've heard of those, except it was called person-to-person when I did. Or 'p2p' in chatspeak.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2003 :  13:38:49  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's basically it. Although there are some message systems that are more elaborate. It all depends on the size of the forum really.

Go to Top of Page

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2003 :  17:22:51  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Private Messages.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Once you eat the poisoned one you die.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2003 :  01:50:01  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm...I knew it was personal, or private or some such...

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000