Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 So what IS Ed Greenwood working on??
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2003 :  13:42:42  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Seems strangely quiet from our great father of the Realms, Ed Greenwood.

Any ideas what he is doing at the moment? I know he has Elminsters Daughter novel out next year and that he is aiding Elaine Cunningham with the new Waterdeep history novel, but what else? Hes now even stopped his Elminster Speaks series for the WotC FR site.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2003 :  22:15:04  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, Elminster have stopped to write?! That dosen't bode well. But perhaps he's just locked up in his tower doing wizard stuff, what ever they do.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Lazerrus
Acolyte

18 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2003 :  14:00:49  Show Profile  Visit Lazerrus's Homepage Send Lazerrus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He just finished and released the new Band of Four novel it just hit the shelves.

If it be the will of Corellon, It shall be done!
Go to Top of Page

Voronica Whitney-Robinson
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2003 :  03:23:23  Show Profile  Visit Voronica Whitney-Robinson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have heard rumors that Elminster Speaks is coming to an end, but I haven't flat out asked Ed about that. I know he's got novels scheduled to come out through 2008 but I'm not able to elaborate on what they are.

He's still around and as busy as ever!

V.

A friend will help you move.
A real friend will help you move a body...

Visit http://www.voronica.com to see what else I've been up to.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2003 :  04:16:54  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I understand he's in the process of conceptualising another novel trilogy featuring the Knights of Myth Drannor. As for gaming products, I have no idea ... last time I e-mailed Ed the poor guy was organising his taxes!

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2003 :  09:31:41  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They make the Great Sage pay taxes!? Don't they know what he's done for Faerun??

I guess that the IRS just doesn't care. Buncha wordy lawyers . . . polluting the lives of honest adventurers. The world just isn't safe anymore . . . . .

[Bookwyrm wanders off, muttering somthing about creating an Anti-1040 Form spell.]

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.

Edited by - Bookwyrm on 18 May 2003 09:33:04
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  13:38:53  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
TAXES!!!

What a mundane and trivial diversion for a mind as great as Ed's.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Edain Shadowstar
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  21:03:10  Show Profile  Visit Edain Shadowstar's Homepage Send Edain Shadowstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do not know why you people are so mad about taxes, Thanks to certain loopholes in tax law I get paid five thousand dollars a year not to grow corn, and another two thousand for not growing wheat. Not to mention none of my assents are in the U.S., but just the same, why all the anger towards taxes?

Edain Shadowstar
Archwizard of Rel Astra and Waterdeep

"Mmm…pie…"
- Gaius Solarian, Captain General
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2003 :  19:40:16  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He's also working on a part of a future sourcebook. "Elminster Speaks" is going to be succeeded by a column called "Realmslore", it seems, which Ed may be working on or may written the first bunch of pieces.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2003 :  07:18:47  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's good to hear.

If I may ask - from where did you learn this most interesting piece of news?.

Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2003 :  15:11:20  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He told me back in March.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2003 :  06:53:49  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Faraer

Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2003 :  04:56:16  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Voronica Whitney-Robinson

I have heard rumors that Elminster Speaks is coming to an end, but I haven't flat out asked Ed about that. I know he's got novels scheduled to come out through 2008 but I'm not able to elaborate on what they are.

I had hoped it was just a temporary thing.Oh well,they better leave Wyrms of the North alone. Thanks and I like your homepage by the way.Ever sell autographed copies of your books? Hey, doesn't hurt to ask.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2003 :  15:39:37  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Elminster Speaks" has been replaced by "Realmslore", of which Ed has submitted many instalments in advance as is his wont. "Wyrms of the North" should keep appearing until up to Zundaerazylym.

Ed's finishing off his work on Serpent Kingdoms and The Silent House, getting into the Waterdeep novel collaboration, and umpteen or so other projects.
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2003 :  17:40:33  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Faraer

"Elminster Speaks" has been replaced by "Realmslore", of which Ed has submitted many instalments in advance as is his wont. "Wyrms of the North" should keep appearing until up to Zundaerazylym.

Thank you Faraer. If you will excuse my ignorance, is Zundaerazylym the last Wyrm? a-z? I assume that I am right but you now what they say about assuming.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2003 :  20:33:13  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes -- we've just had Nymmurh, so Olothontor, Palarandusk, Raulothim, Saryndalaghlothtor, Thalagyrt, Tostyn Alaerthmaugh, Valamaradace, Voaraghamanthar, and Zundaerazylym are coming up. They were originally published in Dragon about five years ago.
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2003 :  02:18:25  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Faraer! You seem to be well imformed or well read or is it both.Good to be able to ask someone a question and get the correct answer.Thats one of the things I like about Candle Keep some great mind knows the answer.

So Faraer "Realmslore" is written by Ed too,He just is ahead of the game on writing the articles for it.Is my understanding correct??

Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2003 :  23:30:31  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Right. Click and see:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/rl/20030903a
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  00:01:07  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks again Faraer,and for the link.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000