Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Sewers of Waterdeep & Rat Hills
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

McDeath
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2007 :  12:56:46  Show Profile Send McDeath a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Are there any detailed maps out there of the sewers and the Rat Hills? I have vague ones, but what i'm after is something more detailed along the line like undermountain. Basically, I'm looking for maps measured in the standard 1 squae = 10 feet with some keyed drescriptions. Maybe someone has fleshed out their campaign with home-made notes. I'ld love to see a compilation project on this.

There is no hope in the void!

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2007 :  13:47:31  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Waterdeep and the North contains sewer maps for the city. They're also included in Steven Schend's 2e CoS boxed set. You find they were included in 3e's CoS:W also. WotC kindly provided the sewer map on their website. And, as I recall, the first Eye of the Beholder PC game also had a partial map of the sewer system of Waterdeep in the game box.

I don't immediately recall any official maps for the Rat Hills being included in a published Realms source.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

McDeath
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2007 :  17:26:36  Show Profile Send McDeath a Private Message  Reply with Quote
True, and I have all of these. I was just hoping for something on a larger scope in even more detail. Perhaps there are some home-brewed ideas/maps floating out there.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2007 :  19:34:46  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WotC (and TSR before them) seems to have an aversion to giving a scale for anything outside of a building, encounter area, or large region... I once did work up a scale, using the given floorplan of an inn to extrapolate a scale for the city, but the end numbers for the city seemed awfully small... I didn't take into account the fact that the city map might not be to scale.

'Twas a long time ago that I did that, and I've long since misplaced the notes.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2007 :  23:46:17  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by McDeath

True, and I have all of these. I was just hoping for something on a larger scope in even more detail. Perhaps there are some home-brewed ideas/maps floating out there.

In thta case, you may wish to try Google, since I'm [almost] certain that there are no current maps of Waterdeep's sewers stored here at Candlekeep.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

McDeath
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2007 :  19:06:39  Show Profile Send McDeath a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm.. Looks like I'm going to have a lot of work to do then.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000