Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 How Should I Organize Realms Affiliations?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2007 :  04:41:22  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was thinking about setting up some Realms affiliations (from the PH II), as I really like the idea (I wish I had stumbled across this when I started my Mistledale campaign to help me figure out what rank the Helmite cleric was based on his served and all). When I started thinking about the various faiths though, something occured to me.

While I'm sure someone that attains a given rank in one temple would be afforded the same respect due their rank in another church, is that church a large, continental organization, or is the actual Affiliation the small local temple that the character is part of?

Further more, for churches like Helms that have many specialized orders, should there be separate affiliations for, say, the Companions of the One True Vision as opposed to the Vigilant Eyes of the Deity?

Getting away churches, another thing that I was thinking of was organizations. For example, the less formal Harpers organized around Shadowdale might have a different "affiliation structure" than the Harpers that are tied more directly to Berdusk.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on these ideas.

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2007 :  05:17:19  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did you check out the Affiliations thread I ran a while ago?

I did about 6-8 of them for my Waterdeep campaign

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2007 :  05:25:46  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh definitely, in fact I was going to use those as a basis when I start trying to make mine up. I really liked them and they were definitely an influence on wanting to do these. I'm also going to look at the affiliations that Eric wrote up for the Realms conversions for the Savage Tide AP.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2007 :  05:59:42  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote

With multi locations organisations Id say the points probably decline the further you travel from the local church your helping for example

Lets say the partys been helping out the church of Lathander in Waterddeep and racked up 20 Affiliation points. If they dropped into Daggerford and visited the High priest of Lathander there the party may have 16 points (Daggerfords fairly close to Waterdeep and chances are that the local cleric has heard about what the characters done however the character hasnt done anything specficly for the Daggerford cleric so he doesnt have the "Personnal regard" that the Waterdeep clerics have. If the character visits the church of Lathander in Shadowdale he may only have 8-10 points due to the fact the local cleric hasnt heard about the characters good deeds to the church in Waterdeep. Now if the cleric of Lathander in Waterdeep wrote the character an introduction or recommendation then Id allow the character to keep the 20 points for every temple of Lathander they came across (Unless they came across a temple that didnt get on with the church of Lathander in Waterdeep)

If however a character earned some points with Elminster then Id allow them to transfer all or almost all of those points to any of the other chosen due to the fact they communicate with each other on a regular basis

As for associated orders it would depend on the order

Using the above example again I would not give the character 20 points with the Sun Soul monk order even though its associated with the church of Lathander due to the fact theres bad blood between its leaders. Also if a character who was a member of the Harpers helped Blackstaff out I wouldnt allow the points to count if the character visited Twilight Hall (infact the character may well have lost or have negative points for this branch of the Harpers due the feud between Blackstaff and the Harpers)

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000