Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Obould chosen of Grumussh (sp?)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ShadezofDis
Senior Scribe

402 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2008 :  13:21:16  Show Profile  Visit ShadezofDis's Homepage Send ShadezofDis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ummm. . . for 3.X? Because he probably isn't around in 4E.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2008 :  15:57:39  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

So is there any new update to Obould's possible stats at this point??

Not that I've heard!

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 06 May 2008 15:58:29
Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2008 :  16:25:30  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The thing about gods, and this is all my opinion, which I'm entitled to, is that all the panteonic dieties MUST reflect the people that call on them. That is, let's just say the Elves, being chaotic inclined are freer with their sexuality(hypothetically), than the Dieties should be the same. Zeus reflected the Greeks "freedom". In other words, the Gods are a reflection of the people that worship them. Since the ability to attract followers dictates how powerful a diety is, It would only make sense that they would "cater" to the mainstream followers. so back to the Elves, if they elves are freer with their sexuality than humans, and the dieties do not follow that, than the Elves would be disinclined to follow that particular diety. it is essentially like a presidential race. more people will vote for a canidate who follows their set of "values". the man(or woman) with more votes gets the powerful job, in this case the presidency. In Faerun it works in a similar way. It says somewhere in the FRCS that people will choose a diety that most directly impacts thier life. All Elves venerate the Elven pantheon, But what makes an Individual choose one over the other? If it happens to be their sexuality, that hypothetical elf will choose the one most like itself, promoting that diety, and that diety gets a little more power.

Now there are certain gods that I don't beleive should be interacting with mortals in this way. the Primal gods are some of these, namely, Shar and Selune, and I don't care what was written, Mystra, although this makes a little more sense, since magic is so pivitol to the Realms.

In my opinion, a Pantheon MUST be a represntation of the people that belong to the same name, in all their aspects.

Wow, talk about thread-jacked!

The brave don't live forever,the cautious don't live at all

Edited by - Aravine on 06 May 2008 17:51:29
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2008 :  16:35:44  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Would most of us agree he is more powerfull now after the Orc King?

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2008 :  17:15:26  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Define "powerful."

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2008 :  09:43:11  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
, well id ditch the fighter lvls for orc warlord myself......

after the ritual, yeah id say add the max effect of those 3 spells to his stats.
however it was a ritual, so it might be +8 to those stats as well......

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2008 :  14:10:01  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:

Define "powerful."

Higher Challenge Rating

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2008 :  14:10:45  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Define "powerful."

And more influence

Edited by - Alisttair on 07 May 2008 14:11:25
Go to Top of Page

Lord Donnachie
Acolyte

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2008 :  14:35:17  Show Profile  Visit Lord Donnachie's Homepage Send Lord Donnachie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
worth more exps

Don’t gain the world and lose your soul,
Wisdom is better than silver and gold
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2008 :  14:42:29  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is Obould more powerful (as far as his CR goes) after The Orc King? I don't think we have any way of knowing that. More powerful than which version of him? The version in The Two Swords?

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 07 May 2008 14:43:45
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2008 :  14:40:21  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The version in the FRCS

Go to Top of Page

ShadezofDis
Senior Scribe

402 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2008 :  14:49:44  Show Profile  Visit ShadezofDis's Homepage Send ShadezofDis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The version in the FRCS

Do a search on the Wizards forums, there have been a legion of threads about Obould and what his stats should be, etc.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2008 :  14:34:09  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed.

I'm pretty certain that the version of Obould in the FRCS technically exists after The Orc King in terms of where it falls on the timeline. Keep in mind that the RAS novels have, for a while now at least, been behind the official "current year" on the FR timeline.

Also consider that RAS has never been one to be too concerned about official stats.

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 09 May 2008 14:35:44
Go to Top of Page

ShadezofDis
Senior Scribe

402 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2008 :  15:30:24  Show Profile  Visit ShadezofDis's Homepage Send ShadezofDis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Indeed.

I'm pretty certain that the version of Obould in the FRCS technically exists after The Orc King in terms of where it falls on the timeline. Keep in mind that the RAS novels have, for a while now at least, been behind the official "current year" on the FR timeline.

Also consider that RAS has never been one to be too concerned about official stats.

Yep, which you'll also find copious amounts of discussion about on the wizards boards.

I do really suggest checking them out, Oboulds been talked to death on those boards.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2008 :  15:48:18  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wish I could go to the wizards forums to check that out, but unfortunately, that cannot be done because the bulk of my computer time is at work and the WotC website is blocked from my job computer.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000