Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The Horde Article in Dragon 349
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

edbonny
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2006 :  16:26:42  Show Profile  Visit edbonny's Homepage Send edbonny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kalin Agrivar

quote:
Originally posted by VonRaventheDaring

I would love to see more on Siremun, those dwarves really intrigue me and i have to note that any realms that will accept gray dwarves back into their ranks is a step in the right direction.

In the web enhancement, I was pleasantly surprised that someone actually remembered those "off-shoot" dwarven communities in the Hordelands, let alone calling them gold dwarves (whom the shield dwarves evolved from)...those communities may be the eldest dwarven holds in the realms...

Actually the oldest dwarven community in the Realms was written up for this article... and alas cut for space. The original article covered the entire Hordelands but had to be trimmed back to focus on the northwestern part of the region. You see, there was the first dwarven city settled in Faerun that came to be called Olddeeping... and all was good for millennia until the Nar-Raumathar war... and then things got horrible.

More to come, I hope, in Dragon.
Go to Top of Page

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2006 :  16:53:14  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by edbonny
Actually the oldest dwarven community in the Realms was written up for this article... and alas cut for space. The original article covered the entire Hordelands but had to be trimmed back to focus on the northwestern part of the region. You see, there was the first dwarven city settled in Faerun that came to be called Olddeeping... and all was good for millennia until the Nar-Raumathar war... and then things got horrible.

More to come, I hope, in Dragon.

Holy Crap! I really hope that can be published sometimes soon!

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

- High Mage of the Arcane Assembly
- Lore Keeper of the Vault of Ancestors
- 3rd Son of the Lord of the Stand
Go to Top of Page

Dart Ambermoon
Learned Scribe

Germany
253 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2006 :  17:12:05  Show Profile  Visit Dart Ambermoon's Homepage Send Dart Ambermoon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So do I...this sounds like extremely interesting stuff. Loving what I´ve been able to read of the work on the Hordlands so far. Loving it a lot, indeed...

~ In Finder I trust, for danger I lust ~

Edited by - Dart Ambermoon on 26 Oct 2006 17:12:54
Go to Top of Page

ShadowJack
Senior Scribe

USA
350 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2006 :  19:41:59  Show Profile  Visit ShadowJack's Homepage Send ShadowJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Blast!!! Paizo still has not got me my issues of Dragon that I ordered! I really want that Hordeland article and the article on Impiltur in Dragon #346. Where are they? That proposed article on OldDeeping sounds great! Any idea when it may be released? Or is that NDA?

ShadowJack
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2006 :  23:21:35  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Surprised that no one commented about this article bringing the current in game date to 1375, since most of the sourcebooks/novels are still being written for 1372 to 1374.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2006 :  01:33:18  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Is there anything elsewhere about the "last imaskari" described in this article ? (I don't have my game books currently).
Go to Top of Page

edbonny

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2006 :  01:37:56  Show Profile  Visit edbonny's Homepage Send edbonny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

Is there anything elsewhere about the "last imaskari" described in this article ? (I don't have my game books currently).

Yaravindar was written exclusively for this article, and has never appeared elsewhere.
Go to Top of Page

edbonny

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2006 :  01:38:37  Show Profile  Visit edbonny's Homepage Send edbonny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ShadowJack

Blast!!! Paizo still has not got me my issues of Dragon that I ordered! I really want that Hordeland article and the article on Impiltur in Dragon #346. Where are they? That proposed article on OldDeeping sounds great! Any idea when it may be released? Or is that NDA?

No NDA, just in the pitch stage.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2006 :  04:32:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm a bit behind on reading Dragon, so I just started reading this article... But I was quite amused by the fact that in the Lake of Mists, there exists an "elusive pod of plesiosaurs".

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000