Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Well met
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dantrag
Learned Scribe

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2003 :  16:44:59  Show Profile  Visit Dantrag's Homepage Send Dantrag a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Im Dantrag Zauynis....cousin to Dantrag Banere...but i came from Ched Nasad...(my common tougue is a little slow) after hearing of the renegade Drizzt's departure....i followed that same path..........and I am humbled to be in Candlekeep.......

" The truth comes out only in bold and underlined"

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2003 :  17:02:53  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail Dantrag, and welcome to Candlekeep. Another Good Drow in our midsts. I hope that you enjoy your stay and keep your sword sheathed at all times.
Hanx
Elrond

Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore-
While i nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
-The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe
Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2003 :  18:39:53  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Dantrag, have a good time and enjoy the vast vaults of knowlede candlekeep has to offer

TDM

- TDM (Candlekeep's most popular, experienced and handsome member)
Go to Top of Page

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2003 :  18:43:08  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Dantrag! Thou my father was a Drow and I hated him until I killed him, I have Drow friends and can put up with nice Drow. Just keep your sword sheathed and talk nice to the other scribes and you'll fit in perfect.

May Melkor smile upon every spell you cast.
Go to Top of Page

Dantrag
Learned Scribe

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2003 :  19:42:37  Show Profile  Visit Dantrag's Homepage Send Dantrag a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Targon...i will keep my sword sheathed at all times as you said(except if someone attacks me) some drow are good.i will never attack another scribe..........

" The truth comes out only in bold and underlined"
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2003 :  19:50:40  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Dantrag. I'm sure you will feel welcome here, and we even have some other drow residing within these walls. In Candlekeep, anyone who will not destroy knowledge is welcome.
Go to Top of Page

Alexis Merlin
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2003 :  20:12:11  Show Profile  Visit Alexis Merlin's Homepage Send Alexis Merlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Dantraq. As the quote below shows, learning is something that can be shared by all regardless of race, politics or any other division.

I hope that your stay here is a pleasant and fruitful one.

Alexis

It is knowledge that influences and equalizes the social condition of man; that gives to all, however different their political position, passions which are in common, and enjoyments which are universal.
(Benjamin Disraeli)
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2003 :  21:19:31  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bienvenue in this great Library. Please take a sit, i hope your stay will be long and pleasant
Go to Top of Page

branmakmuffin
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2003 :  22:20:45  Show Profile  Visit branmakmuffin's Homepage Send branmakmuffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The "Welcome" post. The best way to boost your post count

Welcome to Candlekeep. Be sure to check out the Inn.
Go to Top of Page

Malice
Seeker

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2003 :  23:49:21  Show Profile  Visit Malice's Homepage Send Malice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*looks at branmakmuffin's post* how true!

"Khaless? Ha. Vel'bol zhah nindol 'khaless' dos telanth? d'usstan zhaun ol naut."
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2003 :  03:23:10  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings Dantrag. It seems that the ways of Lolth are losing their appeal in more and more of us everyday. Ellistraee be praised!
Welcome to Candlekeep. You will find knowledge and friendship here, as well as the occasional laugh! If you have any questions, feel free to ask the all knowing scribes here. We are very helpful if asked nicely!

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2003 :  11:20:31  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*jogs into the room, sees his late arrival status yet again and hangs his head*

So many new scribes so little time!

Welcome Dantrag

May your pursuit of knowledge be fruitful.

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2003 :  12:16:26  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by branmakmuffin

Actually, I've noticed a little something lately . . . posts in this area no longer seem to count. I noticed some new scribes starting their "I'm Here" threads with zero posts to their names. And I just checked my own as well -- I haven't gotten a rise in posts from welcomes.

Perhaps this is a good thing, no? Now we can get honest welcomes, instead of just padding our accounts. Though it seems unfair to the newcomers . . . .

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2003 :  15:31:02  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

quote:

Actually, I've noticed a little something lately . . . posts in this area no longer seem to count. I noticed some new scribes starting their "I'm Here" threads with zero posts to their names. And I just checked my own as well -- I haven't gotten a rise in posts from welcomes.

Perhaps this is a good thing, no? Now we can get honest welcomes, instead of just padding our accounts. Though it seems unfair to the newcomers . . . .

..and indeed well spotted, Bookwyrm It had been noticed of late that various members had been purposely "boosting" their post counts within this section. As you rightly mentioned Bookwyrm, this way will ensure a more genuine welcome. Apologies if this action has upset anybody.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2003 :  15:53:32  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Dantrag, to these walls of infinite knowledge.

Another Drow? We seem to be getting quite a few of them in here these days. I hope you find whatever it is your seeking here.

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page

Avaly
Acolyte

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2003 :  18:10:16  Show Profile  Visit Avaly's Homepage Send Avaly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail and Honor,
Welcome to Candlekeep! I noticed that I am the late comer this time. Please sit back and enjoy the tomes and the scribe, but also take the time to join us at the Inn. Again, welcome!

Honor to all,
Avaly Nightstar

PS....I like the fact that welcomes are more sincere now...
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2003 :  20:43:37  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well Met

quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

quote:

..and indeed well spotted, Bookwyrm It had been noticed of late that various members had been purposely "boosting" their post counts within this section. As you rightly mentioned Bookwyrm, this way will ensure a more genuine welcome. Apologies if this action has upset anybody.

I am quite glad for the change. I always felt guilty by trotting out my "canned" "Well Met and Welcome" speech and getting a post for basically saying Hi.

The post count in my estimation is to measure the contribution to the forum not merely showing up.

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2003 :  07:31:08  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree, Artalis. Like I said, it seems unfair to the newbies that they don't get that initial boost, but it's more fair to them (and less talkative non-newbies) that such as we don't get a rise on them. I am a trifle surprised that we weren't informed, but I don't mind.

I just noticed that I haven't ever welcomed Dantrag . . . . likely due to my period of less talkative-ness following Echon's accusations.

*Ahem* Welcome, Dantrag, to the quintessetial Library of the Absent-Minded Scribe, otherwise known as Candlekeep. Ask, and you shall be answered . . . sooner or later . . .

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.

Edited by - Bookwyrm on 08 Apr 2003 07:31:52
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2003 :  08:09:47  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

'Twas purposely not announced, Bookwyrm... to see if any Scribes would notice and see their reactions

Remember all, its not the number of posts that gives you a high standing of knowledge and respect, its the quality of those very posts that makes you a truely honored scribe amongst others

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2003 :  08:35:28  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met and welcome Dantrag! My name is Sadon Odrydin, a fellow drow. But I come from the city of Ust'Natha. Please make yourself at home here in the keep. And if ever you need anything, feel free to ask!

(And I wondered why one of the other newbies' post count didn't go up on his second post.... (Validor I think...) but all the same. I think I agree with everyone who talked about this. A welcome post (and a normal post in the forum for that matter) should be voluntary and people shouldn't worry so much about their post count. (that's my continued thinking from a different message board I was on. except that people there had the power to give you a different rank regardless of post count. and they did so by deciding how active (mainly how much you helped people by giving them the items they needed and telling them where to find things) you were...it was a mess. (long story). But yeah, so anyway, I agree with what's already been discussed. Just my 2 cents)).

"What's that," asked Mogget.
"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

"What you made a vampire...Pomeranian?!" --Hannibal King from Blade Trinity

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000