Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Guess whoz back, back again..........
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  17:31:50  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi there everybody!!!

I haven't been here for a while, but I have decided to come back and annoy you wih my presence once more

The forums have certainly evolved since I was last here - so many Learned Scribes and some in the 6/7 hundreds - fantastic. Way to go Rad by the way, flying the standard for the UK

Anyway, let the 'Welcome backs' commence....

TDM

- TDM (Candlekeep's most popular, experienced and handsome member)

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  17:46:27  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Two trailer-park girls going 'round the outside, 'round the outside?

Hehehe... welcome back a shady minister of Defence
Indeed it has been a while since your last visit. You'll find the place, quite lively nowadays.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  18:22:45  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back TDM!

Im trying my best to keep the UK represented but im being greatly outnumbered Still, they all deserve it and were all scribes together after the same goal.......to learn and share more Realmslore

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  18:26:40  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well said mate! I have lot of catching up to do, but at least I've managed to stay on the first page. Let the spamming commence

TDM

Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  19:48:05  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail TDM, its good to see you posting again. I have read some of your pervious posts and seen that you are very learned! Welcome Back
Hanx
Elrond

Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore-
While i nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
-The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  19:52:13  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

Im trying my best to keep the UK represented but im being greatly outnumbered

And what am i supposed to say, i'm alone!

Anyway, welcome back TDM. Good to see you again
Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  20:08:42  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elrond Half Elven

Hail TDM, its good to see you posting again. I have read some of your pervious posts and seen that you are very learned! Welcome Back
Hanx
Elrond

LOL, what have you been smoking dude? I just come here to stir up anarcy and to pull Alaundo's beard Nah, thanks for the compliment I dont think I have had the pleasure of making your aquaintence yet, Elrond.

And thanx to you too zemd, you are really putting in a good show for the French anyway. Just for you, I'm not gonna go through my repatoir of Garlic jokes Actually, it is really thanx to you that I'm here, you added me to your MSN contact list which reminded me of this dear old place.

Rememer - Keep it large dudes!

Yours,

TDM

Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  20:14:41  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Man me smoke!?!?! ok i might get Piss*d often but i deffo don't smoke. And all that about Anarchy i mean come on man, thats what i do on my day off (j/k). Any way its nice to seem some one else from the U.K. Its nice to meet you T.D.M. Add to ur Aim or MSN if ya wanna chat. (Bookwyrm keeps on calling me a jolly chap, its quite scary.)
Hanx
Elrond.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  22:09:46  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Back Defence Minister

And id appreciate it if you didnt look at my beard that way! ahem!

Hope your return produces the quality of your previous posts, its good to have you back in the library.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Avaly
Acolyte

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2003 :  23:37:50  Show Profile  Visit Avaly's Homepage Send Avaly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal

Hehehe... welcome back a shady minister of Defence
Indeed it has been a while since your last visit. You'll find the place, quite lively nowadays.

/tries to envison Mumadar rap the song and shivers

Welcome back TDM, I am looking forward to meeting you.

Honor to all,
Avaly Nightstar
Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2003 :  21:49:39  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I again Alaundo, it's great to see you again! Your beard is looking finer than ever and you standard of posting is magnificant as always!

Hi there Avaly, I dont think I've had the pleasure of making your aquaintence yet either. I hope to do so in the near future.

Elrond, I'll take you up on that MSN offer, I'll stick you on now as a matter of fact!

TDM

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2003 :  22:51:53  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

Im trying my best to keep the UK represented but im being greatly outnumbered

Well, Merry Ol' England's a bit smaller than the United States. We've got you outnumbered fifty to one. Of course, you've got all those neat castles, so you still got stuff we don't . . . . ( <-- jealous)

quote:
Originally posted by Elrond Half-Elven

(Bookwyrm keeps on calling me a jolly chap, its quite scary.)

Well, his favorite thing to say is "lol" . . . what else am I supposed to think? :P

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2003 :  03:52:21  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome (back), TDM, to these walls of infinite knowledge.

It's great having you back with us. I haven't been to active of late, either.

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2003 :  15:28:51  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back, TDM, I'm sure you'll find that Candlekeep has changed for the better; there are many new members and old ones who have increased their post count rapidly.

I hope you enjoy your stay here and find the knowledge you seek. If not, have a good time in the Inn.

-Drummer Boy

PS: Nice ending quote, TDM.
Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2003 :  16:36:02  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahh Bookwyrm, i havent spoken to you for a fair while... i feared that you where dead. Anyway thats for adding me TDF!.

Go to Top of Page

Alexis Merlin
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2003 :  18:12:16  Show Profile  Visit Alexis Merlin's Homepage Send Alexis Merlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good to have you back in town...or the Library..or...well you get what I mean

Perhaps you might be able to help me out with my lack of gaming group in the Southern UK?

It is knowledge that influences and equalizes the social condition of man; that gives to all, however different their political position, passions which are in common, and enjoyments which are universal.
(Benjamin Disraeli)
Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2003 :  19:14:17  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
bookwyrm, Thanks for the welcome I remember you from when you first signed up

Salius Kai, hello to you aswell. I hope to see you active again

Drummer Boy, You've had a name change I see Great to see you again, you have one of the best knowledge's of Realmslore I have encountered.

Elrond, Don't worry about it mate, I use LOL all the time aswell And it's TDM by the way.

Alexis, what sort of help do you mean?

TDM

Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2003 :  20:10:37  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*hmmph, late again*

Welcome back TDM you have been missed!

Sorry I am so late in welcoming you back, I was busy cleaning out my closet.

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2003 :  03:08:18  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Origianaly posted by: The Defence Minister

Salius Kai, hello to you aswell. I hope to see you active again

Well, I'm currently on spring break, so I have a chance to visit in between work. I'ts just to hard to do with work and school both in my way. But I do like this place, so I'll have to find a way to work around them.

I look forward to speaking with you again in the future.

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2003 :  16:32:06  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Artalis

*hmmph, late again*

LOL, were you apologising to your mother aswell?

Or do you mean you were coming out of the closet

TDM

Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2003 :  16:48:56  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Defence Minister

quote:

*hmmph, late again*

TDM

LOL

Nah just getting rid of some skeletons, dang necromancers always storing their goods in my storage closet.

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

branmakmuffin
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2003 :  16:55:56  Show Profile  Visit branmakmuffin's Homepage Send branmakmuffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Even though I wasn't here when you were the first time, I'll still welcome you back: welcome back.
Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2003 :  17:23:55  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by The Defence Minister

quote:

*hmmph, late again*

TDM

LOL

Nah just getting rid of some skeletons, dang necromancers always storing their goods in my storage closet.

I know, it's such a pain when that happens isn't it. I went to take a bath the other day and I found a nearly complete magic Golem. Damn, inconsiderate necromancers

TDM

Go to Top of Page

Kiarin DAleshan
Candlekeep Inn Waitress

12 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2003 :  17:37:26  Show Profile  Visit Kiarin DAleshan's Homepage Send Kiarin DAleshan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal

::jaw drops:: What kind of ballad is that?!~

TDM, welcome back.

Kiarin D'Aleshan
Candlekeep Inn Waitress

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood

"This is an inn, not a tavern, m'lord!"
Go to Top of Page

Alexis Merlin
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2003 :  19:12:03  Show Profile  Visit Alexis Merlin's Homepage Send Alexis Merlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What I meant was that I am having difficulty finding an FR or indeed an AD&D group in my area...and was wondering if anyone knew of a website which listed RPG groups and where they were based? I started a topic on this recently...just can't seem to find the scroll right now

It is knowledge that influences and equalizes the social condition of man; that gives to all, however different their political position, passions which are in common, and enjoyments which are universal.
(Benjamin Disraeli)
Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2003 :  19:49:27  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
'Fraid not mate, sorry. It is a shame we have so few proper D&D/RPG clubs and conventions in England. I only usually get to play with mates and teachers from school.

TDM

Go to Top of Page

Malice
Seeker

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2003 :  16:49:50  Show Profile  Visit Malice's Homepage Send Malice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know what it's like to not have a decent D&D Club nearby...my friends and I had no really decent DM around, so we sent out little flyers around town that said 'decent DM wanted' and we only got one answer, but we found a great DM.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000