Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Help on Called Shots !
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2006 :  16:07:03  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Not sure this question is for Candlekeep but any help on this would be most welcome!

my players keep trying to use called shots on oppents and I can't find any rules in 3.0/3.5 that state how to do a called shot or the effect of a called shot...

all my players were once 2E players and so they want (and do) the called shot in the game...it is to the point they are pressuring me to convert the 2E Combat and Tactics critical strike tables to 3E

and any feat like sharpshooting that I ahve found talks about cover and concealment..not "aim at opponents hand/eye/neck/etc.)

Please help!

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

- High Mage of the Arcane Assembly
- Lore Keeper of the Vault of Ancestors
- 3rd Son of the Lord of the Stand

AlacLuin
Learned Scribe

131 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2006 :  19:18:28  Show Profile  Visit AlacLuin's Homepage Send AlacLuin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
+10 AC to head
+8 AC to either arm
+6 AC to either leg (if using this, I'd include this to any trip attack).

50% HP in torso 10% HP in each extremity.
When any extremity is down to 0 HP, that extremity is useless.
If head is brought to 0 HP, creature is unconscious.
All damage is subtracted from HP total.

At least this is the best I can do with what I remember from the 2ed system.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2006 :  16:30:48  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or if you use critical hit rules from 2E Combat and Tactics, then a called shot would have a higher AC to hit (or penalty on attack, whichever) and if a critical hit results, then you skip the part of which part you hit with the critical (only rolling the special effect)...this is what I use anyways still in 3E cause we love Gory games lol

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000