Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Dungeon Tiles
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2006 :  11:29:48  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
One of the guys over at Maxminis posted pics of the WOTC Dungeon Tiles

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8117/dungeontiles1xz3.jpg

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/688/dungeontiles2rv4.jpg

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2006 :  13:35:58  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the links, Dargoth! Very pretty images.

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2006 :  01:25:45  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I bought 2 sets of Dungeons Tiles 1 yesterday and I like them, there very sturdy they cant be bent easily.

I plan on using them next time I run COSQ

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Lady Morbannaon
Acolyte

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2006 :  01:55:43  Show Profile  Visit Lady Morbannaon's Homepage Send Lady Morbannaon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the links , they do look very interesting.

Although i'm not sure they are something i'll be getting I don't tend to use the tiles that much and when I do need something I find my large sheet of perspex and a battle map suffice - although maybe they'll be something i'll put on my want list for people who want to buy me something
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2006 :  16:19:53  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I only bought one set, but I plan on picking up another. They are high quality and very useful. I look forward to running again so I can use them. The only concern I have is that they will slide around as my players move their pcs. Did that concern you as well Dargoth?

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2006 :  16:32:03  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I bought one for myself and got two for my bro's bday. The next trip to Undermountain should be plenty more fun with these.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Dhomal
Senior Scribe

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2006 :  17:21:01  Show Profile Send Dhomal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello-

I actually got a set of these at GenCon - and just a couple of weeks ago was able to use them.

They were not too big a problem having them slide around, from my experience. They are not paper-thin, so a simple movement of an arm etc wont cause them to flutter off! :)

One thing I discovered that worked well: I used a 3x2 piece for the PC's party and moved that around to show their movement - a lot easier than moving the 5 figures as the walked around. Only works for the situations where they stay 'in marching order' - but since we were in a dungeon atmosphere - it worked well. We have a dry-erase mat too - and having to wipe and re-draw stuff as they moved from room to room was a little tedious. This way - we can slide parts of the map around to make way for new areas. We will certainly continue to use them - but we will also probably use the mat - more for outdoor things I would guess.

The only issue I had was that there was basically 2 whole-page pieces that show a building on one side, and blank dungeon room on the other. This reduced the amount (and cariety) of other pieces I got in the set. I'll probably pick up another set sometime - $10 (IIRC) is not bad at all. I am looking forward to other sets as well.

Dhomal

I am collecting the D&D Minis. I would be more than willing to trade with people. You can send me a PM here with your email listed - and I can send you my minis list. Thanks!

Successfully traded with Xysma!
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2006 :  18:22:08  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah the low price was the main factor in me getting multiple copies. I also will use the dry erase mat for outdoors and other places these tiles dont make sense for...but when I can use em I will :)

Go to Top of Page

Sanishiver
Senior Scribe

USA
476 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2006 :  02:12:24  Show Profile  Visit Sanishiver's Homepage Send Sanishiver a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The quality on these is pretty high. I had a player in my game last night actually think some of the pieces I'd layered one over the other were all of one piece.

It's kind of nice to play without the dry erase mat. The lack of a large grid puts all the focus on only the tiles that are on the table, which is a nice change.

J. Grenemyer

09/20/2008: Tiger Army at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz. You wouldn’t believe how many females rode it out in the pit. Santa Cruz women are all of them beautiful. Now I know to add tough to that description.
6/27/2008: WALL-E is about the best damn movie Pixar has ever made. It had my heart racing and had me rooting for the good guy.
9/9/2006: Dave Mathews Band was off the hook at the Shoreline Amphitheater.

Never, ever read the game books too literally, or make such assumptions that what is omitted cannot be. Bad DM form, that.

And no matter how compelling a picture string theory paints, if it does not accurately describe our universe, it will be no more relevant than an elaborate game of Dungeons and Dragons. --paragraph 1, chapter 9, The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2006 :  13:27:03  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It gives a nicer visual representation than just black lines on a mat

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000