Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Secrets of the Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  02:57:08  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Delete Topic
Okay,

So I'm mostly done with gencon for the weekend except for Spin the Yarn tomorrow. However, it's time for some Secrets. This is long, so bare with me here and I'll probably not check this thread till morrow. The panel was Ed, Eric Boyd, and a WOTC employee to oversee.

1) Mysteries of the Moonsea: WOTC is still undecided on if it was useful or not.

2) Dragon of Faerun has a 32ish page web enhancement for the city of Wyrmshadows.

3) Twilight Tomb: Yuirwood to a glass tomb in the star elves realm.

4) The three adventures that are coming out involve Shar and Cyric trying to eliminate Mystra. First one is set in Cormyr, the second and third they couldn't discuss much but from the covers it looks to be Boareskyr Bridge and the third involves a large red dragon of around CR 40 and a lot of destruction. The second one expands on the events from Rich's Last Mythal.

5) I'm just going to say gratz to Brian for his timeline and let him, if he reads this, answer that! Rock man! So gratz!

6) Since the cover for Lisa's novel has been posted alrdy, I'm just going to say.... it's a creepy cover and it looks interesting.

7) The second Knight book is called Swords of Fire and it probably won't advance to Shadowdale. Ed said more, but I didn't get it all down.

8) Sourcebooks are shifting towards lore filled adventures. Ed said, "Contact customer service if you want to show them what you want instead."

9) No neutral version of the Book of Vile Darkness or Exhalted Deeds in the works.

10) The Castle Ravenloft module is mostly like Tracy's old module and the lands around it. Not so much on the campaign setting.

11) A map folio of FR maps is possible, if the demand is there. An update to the FR Interactive Atlus is a maybe.

12) No updates by WOTC for the other continents. Look for those from Dragon/Dungeon.

13) Chris, the overseer, said WOTC does listen to reviews and people on the message boards.

14) Dragon/Dungeon articles are decided by Dragon/Dungeon and WOTC in weekly meetings. If you want to see other stuff, I quote Eric Boyd, "Write to Paizo and mention what you like."

15) RSE's and other Realms changes help the designers with advancing the timeline. Might be more events.

16) Someday Ed has a web article for the Unicorn Run. Will be awhile, or a long while, before it appears.

17) More events involving Elminster and his BIG mistake are being planned.

18) Ed, "Steven and I got together awhile ago and we talked about FR and FR and FR and FR. Take that how you will." Me, it means more material from Steven.

19) As many of us know, Ed doesn't have the final say on products/etc.

20) More Drizzt.

21) Wotc is dabbling in podcasts and we might see more of them.

22) Sometimes there might be some box sets again.

23) There is a open submission for novel writters next month. No new FR authors being accepted though.

24) There's been meeting to design the next ten to tenty years of lore. Wasn't sure if that was our years or in game. :)

25) As of 2006 the novel and game departments are now one entity and so there is no seperate departments any more.

26) They are going to try to get back to the forgotten part of the Realms and detail places that are undetailed or forgotten about.

27) WOTC has been wondering about doing a web page that updates NPC's and other major events.

28) No FR quarterly magazine.

29) Pdf's will not be overtaking print sourcebooks.

30) Rituals of the Realms. I didn't get an answer! Sorry Sage! I tried man!

Neri, Eytan, and others were there as well, so they might fill in what I didn't have time to write down or what I found uninteresting.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 12 Aug 2006 03:03:06

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  03:06:38  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message
Yes, Rituals of the Realms qusetiosn...well, I'll have to post my opinion come Monday about that ;)

"Eating people is wrong...unless it's on the first date." - Ed Greenwood, GenCon Indy 2006
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  03:33:29  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Hehe... I knew it!

I guess you and I will just have to keep waiting...

Though, I was pleasantly surprised by this news -

quote:
FR boxed sets in 3e... Neato.

I've only seen one 3e published setting do this, and that's Midnight. I wonder whether that has somewhat influenced WotC's position on boxed sets.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  03:51:35  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message
I must say.. That at least half of the above secrets are pretty upsetting. :(

Thank you muchly for bringing us some of the dark, Kuje!

Planescape Fanatic

"Fiends and Undead are the peanut butter and jelly of evil." - Me
"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

kaeso
Acolyte

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  04:08:48  Show Profile  Visit kaeso's Homepage Send kaeso a Private Message
quote:

4) The three adventures that are coming out involve Shar and Cyric trying to eliminate Mystra. First one is set in Cormyr, the second and third they couldn't discuss much but from the covers it looks to be Boareskyr Bridge and the third involves a large red dragon of around CR 40 and a lot of destruction. The second one expands on the events from Rich's Last Mythal.

AWESOME!

Great literature is escapist, but it changes you, and you come back to your world with new eyes. D&D is the first game that's ever done that for me.
-Sumana Harihareswara
Go to Top of Page

Sanishiver
Senior Scribe

USA
476 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  04:59:39  Show Profile  Visit Sanishiver's Homepage Send Sanishiver a Private Message
Kuje,

Thanks for taking the time. I (we) appreciate it.

J. Grenemyer

09/20/2008: Tiger Army at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz. You wouldn’t believe how many females rode it out in the pit. Santa Cruz women are all of them beautiful. Now I know to add tough to that description.
6/27/2008: WALL-E is about the best damn movie Pixar has ever made. It had my heart racing and had me rooting for the good guy.
9/9/2006: Dave Mathews Band was off the hook at the Shoreline Amphitheater.

Never, ever read the game books too literally, or make such assumptions that what is omitted cannot be. Bad DM form, that.

And no matter how compelling a picture string theory paints, if it does not accurately describe our universe, it will be no more relevant than an elaborate game of Dungeons and Dragons. --paragraph 1, chapter 9, The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  05:10:41  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message
quote:

What's this now?

Anyway, thank you for lore, Kuje.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Mazrim_Taim
Learned Scribe

341 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  05:56:34  Show Profile  Visit Mazrim_Taim's Homepage Send Mazrim_Taim a Private Message
18) Ed, "Steven and I got together awhile ago and we talked about FR and FR and FR and FR. Take that how you will." Me, it means more material from Steven.

I like this one.

And if the PCs DO win their ways through all the liches to Larloch, “he” will almost certainly be just another lich (loaded with explosive spells) set up as a decoy, with dozens of hidden liches waiting to pounce on any surviving PCs who ‘celebrate’ after they take Larloch down. As the REAL Larloch watches (magical scrying) from afar. Myself, as DM, I’d be wondering: “Such a glorious game, so many opportunities laid out before your PCs to devote your time to, and THIS fixation is the best you can come up with? Are you SURE you’re adventurers?” -Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  06:02:24  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message
Thanks for the info Kuje. Seems like the Realms will continue down the path they have followed lately except adventures may dominate.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  06:17:09  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:

What's this now?

Not sure and we'll have to wait for whatever this is. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  06:17:38  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Sanishiver

Kuje,

Thanks for taking the time. I (we) appreciate it.

J. Grenemyer

No problem. :)

Go to Top of Page

Archwizard
Learned Scribe

USA
266 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  06:43:41  Show Profile  Visit Archwizard's Homepage Send Archwizard a Private Message
Thanks for bringing piping hot Realms news to those of us who couldn't attend GenCon, Kuje. It is greatly appreciated.

2) Dragon of Faerun has a 32ish page web enhancement for the city of Wyrmshadows.
[Sounds cool, 32 pages is hefty, like one of those minatures based adventures, but for free.]

3) Twilight Tomb: Yuirwood to a glass tomb in the star elves realm.
[If Star Elves are here to stay, might as well do something appropriate with them.]

8) Sourcebooks are shifting towards lore filled adventures. Ed said, "Contact customer service if you want to show them what you want instead."
[This is disappointing. Ed seems to disagree with it as well. This one might see some polarizing action.]

9) No neutral version of the Book of Vile Darkness or Exhalted Deeds in the works.
[Damn, not even on the Lawful/Chaotic alignments?]

11) A map folio of FR maps is possible, if the demand is there. An update to the FR Interactive Atlus is a maybe.
[Do they even have to ask?]

12) No updates by WOTC for the other continents. Look for those from Dragon/Dungeon.
[That seems like one policy they are REALLY sticking to, but it's the most irrelevant policy to adhere to in the long run.]

13) Chris, the overseer, said WOTC does listen to reviews and people on the message boards.
[I like Chris' title.]

14) Dragon/Dungeon articles are decided by Dragon/Dungeon and WOTC in weekly meetings. If you want to see other stuff, I quote Eric Boyd, "Write to Paizo and mention what you like."
[Well there is one recent Dragon article on the Realms I'm going to give strong positive mention for.]

16) Someday Ed has a web article for the Unicorn Run. Will be awhile, or a long while, before it appears.
[We can be patient.]

20) More Drizzt.
[WotC's Golden Rothe, could go either way, but Drizzt novels do seem to be one of the few places where dwarves get any attention.]

[Wow, did not expect to hear this.]

26) They are going to try to get back to the forgotten part of the Realms and detail places that are undetailed or forgotten about.
[That's great, as long as it's not like #8 Sourcebooks -> Lore filled adventures. Also conflicts with #12, which are all part of the Realms but not only undetailed but also forgettable. :P]

27) WOTC has been wondering about doing a web page that updates NPC's and other major events.
[This would be a very helpful resource.]

28) No FR quarterly magazine.
[Would basically be served by a well implemented #27 above.]
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  10:20:51  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message
Well met

Oohhhhhhh This is great, Kuje. I'm VERY excited about a lot of the points ye mentioned here. It sounds like a great time is ahead for us all.

::spins around and around with glee::

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Kiaransalyn
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
762 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  10:43:40  Show Profile Send Kiaransalyn a Private Message
Thank you for this news.

quote:
1) Mysteries of the Moonsea: WOTC is still undecided on if it was useful or not.

It was in my opinion. Does useful here mean sales? I'm not being cynical when I say that since sales are probably the best indicator of wether customers like a product.

quote:

Lore is good but Ed's comment sounds as though he's not entirely happy.

quote:

A shame in away as the other two books were good. Then again alignment can lead to all sorts of squabbles.

quote:

Demand here!

quote:
20) More Drizzt.

Be still my beating heart.

quote:
23) There is a open submission for novel writters next month. No new FR authors being accepted though.

Personally, I feel a bit blue about that (I guess many others feel that way too) but there's only so much a publisher can publish so fair enough I suppose.

quote:

That could be very useful. Or how about a WotC stamp of approval for sites such as Candlekeep?

Death is Life
Love is Hate
Revenge is Forgiveness

Ken: You from the States?
Jimmy: Yeah. But don't hold it against me.
Ken: I'll try not to... Just try not to say anything too loud or crass.
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  11:17:16  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message
Well! Well! Well! Lot's of news herre! Thank thee Kuje for taking your time to share those infos. Much appreciated.

Looks like the sages of Candlekeep will have quite a bit to discuss in the near and distant future. I like that look-out....

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  12:09:10  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message

But apparrently thats not going to stop them from doing 3 similar books

*Groan*

Ed may rest asured that the next time Wizards stick there FR survey up on their site Ill be letting them know of my displeasure at this decision

Id buy either

15) RSE's and other Realms changes help the designers with advancing the timeline. Might be more events.

Oh for the love of God no! Can we please give the RSEs a rest?!?!?

25) As of 2006 the novel and game departments are now one entity and so there is no seperate departments any more.

IF this means no more Thousand Orcs vs Silver MArches and Mysteries of the Moonseas vs Last Mythal type stuff ups then it has my full support

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  15:19:49  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message
Awesome Kuje, thanks for sharing your Gencon info!
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  18:27:14  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message
Thanks, Kuje.
quote:
The second Knight book is called Swords of Fire and it probably won't advance to Shadowdale.
Did he say if the series would be more than three books, then?
quote:
Sourcebooks are shifting towards lore filled adventures. Ed said, "Contact customer service if you want to show them what you want instead."
Talk about a 180º turnaround. I love adventures, but commercially and artistically I can't see why Wizards would publish anything like just adventures.

The best way to contact customer service is to send a PHYSICAL LETTER to

Wizards of the Coast
Attn Customer Service
PO Box 707
Renton, WA 98057-0707
quote:
A map folio of FR maps is possible, if the demand is there.
They could have gauged by now, as well as they ever can, what the demand is. This isn't a new idea.
quote:
Dragon/Dungeon articles are decided by Dragon/Dungeon and WOTC in weekly meetings. If you want to see other stuff, I quote Eric Boyd, "Write to Paizo and mention what you like."
That is, find who you want to write to on the magazine's masthead, and address it to them at

Paizo Publishing
2700 Richards Road Ste 201
Bellevue, WA 98005-4200.
quote:
RSE's and other Realms changes help the designers with advancing the timeline.
I'd like to hear their justification in longer form. Advancing the timeline is not a worthy end at all, let alone one worth damaging the setting for.
quote:
They are going to try to get back to the forgotten part of the Realms and detail places that are undetailed or forgotten about.
Aside from Silver Marches, the 3E regional sourcebooks focused on out-of-the-way places from the start! I hope this doesn't mean the Dales and Cormyr have lost their chance for detailed coverage.

Edited by - Faraer on 12 Aug 2006 18:30:37
Go to Top of Page

Wandering_mage
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  18:34:32  Show Profile  Visit Wandering_mage's Homepage Send Wandering_mage a Private Message
Wow!!!! Kuje, your post has made my day. By the Seldarine I love the Realms!

Illum
The Wandering Mage
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  21:41:45  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message
The three participants were Ed Greenwood (freelancer), Chris Perkins (WoTC employee), and myself (freelancer).

quote:

It's not Boareskyr Bridge.

quote:

7) The second Knight book is called Swords of Fire and it probably won't advance to Shadowdale. Ed said more, but I didn't get it all down.

Swords of Dragonfire.

quote:

I think some respondants are assuming this is a value judgement on Ed's part. While I won't speak for his opinion, I believe this was his standard value-neutral statement that he says every GenCon. If you like something, let Customer Service know. If you don't like something, let Customer Service know. If you like something *in moderation*, let Customer Service know. Don't wait for a survey. Send them a letter (email is OK, postal mail is better, shows you're more serious).

quote:

This isn't what I meant (and I don't think it's what I said). I meant to convey that when the timeline is advanced, it can inspire game design. I was not trying to convey a value judgement one way or the other as to whether this was a good idea or not (and there's lots of shades of gray in between).

quote:

I think Chris put it on his list of audience-suggested topics. Not sure what else you wanted.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/

Edited by - ericlboyd on 12 Aug 2006 21:43:49
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  21:49:31  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message
Was the impression that all sourcebooks will become lore-filled adventures, or was the panel being deliberately vague, or what?

quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd
I meant to convey that when the timeline is advanced, it can inspire game design.
Very true; of course, if you're Eric, so can typos and continuity mistakes.
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  21:54:14  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message
quote:

I think some respondants are assuming this is a value judgement on Ed's part. While I won't speak for his opinion, I believe this was his standard value-neutral statement that he says every GenCon. If you like something, let Customer Service know. If you don't like something, let Customer Service know. If you like something *in moderation*, let Customer Service know. Don't wait for a survey. Send them a letter (email is OK, postal mail is better, shows you're more serious).

--Eric

I think I'll write a letter...maybe it helps... hmm...maybe I should send a letter to Mary Kirchoff in the hope she remembers me...maybe that would help some more...

Does voicing your opinion help at all in the corporate environment Wizards is in now?

Is the gaming design based on sales numbers and marketing strategies now or does the design team actually take us (walking encyclopedias/gaming-madmen and women) seriously?

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  22:05:15  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

Was the impression that all sourcebooks will become lore-filled adventures, or was the panel being deliberately vague, or what?

It seemed to me to be both, since there are things they couldn't discuss, like the next two adventures, but so far I didn't see any sourcebooks. There might be some but if they aren't in the catalog yet, WOTC said they can't discuss them.

I think that the Knights is still going to be a trilogy but no one really asked and Ed didn't really say, that I recall.

Edited by - Kuje on 12 Aug 2006 22:08:12
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  22:11:23  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
quote:

This isn't what I meant (and I don't think it's what I said). I meant to convey that when the timeline is advanced, it can inspire game design. I was not trying to convey a value judgement one way or the other as to whether this was a good idea or not (and there's lots of shades of gray in between).

quote:

I think Chris put it on his list of audience-suggested topics. Not sure what else you wanted.

--Eric

I wasn't quoting you in the first part, I was quoting most of the whole discussion between the three of you.

As for the rituals part, maybe a straight answer or a "we'll think about it." Getting ignored while he called on 6+ other people after I raised my hand and then getting a joking answer was not an answer. So, as I said a, "we'll think about it," would have surficed but I didn't even get that... And I did discuss it with the two others that were with me and they said, "You did not get an answer." But, this isn't the place to argue this.

Edited by - Kuje on 13 Aug 2006 01:00:18
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  22:18:14  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:

What's this now?

Not sure and we'll have to wait for whatever this is. :)

OK, thanks--it's good to know I'm not "missing something".

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

Wandering_mage
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  22:21:46  Show Profile  Visit Wandering_mage's Homepage Send Wandering_mage a Private Message
Just for my info, we all like lore filled adventures right? What is the opposite? I mean, lore rocks! I want to know more and more about everything. It allows me to better detail my games and characters. Plus its a hobby!

I do have to say I never was one for using pre-designed adventures. I make my own. So I am really confused if I want more adventures with lore or the opposite....whatever that is. I like sourcebooks, what can I say? Just make sure they are worth the money I am putting down for them.

Illum
The Wandering Mage
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2006 :  00:10:31  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by FaraerI'd like to hear their justification in longer form. Advancing the timeline is not a worthy end at all, let alone one worth damaging the setting for.

I totally agree. I would also appreciate a longer explanation for these continued RSEs. I can't say I'm very happy about WotCs continued support for them.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2006 :  01:02:06  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wandering_mage

Just for my info, we all like lore filled adventures right? What is the opposite? I mean, lore rocks! I want to know more and more about everything. It allows me to better detail my games and characters. Plus its a hobby!

I do have to say I never was one for using pre-designed adventures. I make my own. So I am really confused if I want more adventures with lore or the opposite....whatever that is. I like sourcebooks, what can I say? Just make sure they are worth the money I am putting down for them.

I don't. I'd rather have normal sourcebooks like we've had in the past and in most of the current rules then adventures that contain lore. But that's me. :)

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2006 :  01:03:37  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
quote:

OK, thanks--it's good to know I'm not "missing something".

You didn't. :) We just have to wait and see what this is about.

Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2006 :  01:07:51  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message
The comment about RSEs was one of the most upsetting on the list, really. That and a move towards more "lore-filled" adventures (if MotMS is any indicator of what this i). :)

Planescape Fanatic

"Fiends and Undead are the peanut butter and jelly of evil." - Me
"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2006 :  01:45:23  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wandering_mage

I certainly don't.

I don't use pre-made adventures, and I'd prefer to see the space in a sourcebook that currently details stats and other rules-related info, used for Realmslore instead.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000