Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 I have yet to introduce myself
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

branmakmuffin
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  18:57:29  Show Profile  Visit branmakmuffin's Homepage Send branmakmuffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I come from yonder (Usenet) and I don't usually bother with such stuff, but when in Rome ...

Bran Mak Muffin, King of the Pigts, is a parody of Robert E. Howard's character Bran Mak Morn, King of the Picts. Bran Mak Muffin appeared in the Cerebus the Aardvark comic book (go here in case you care).

I like the Realms (surprise), the RPG stuff and the fiction, but I haven't liked (A)D&D mechanics since I first played RuneQuest about 15 years ago, ergo my upcoming FR game will use RQ-style rules, although I doubt anyone's insterested in the gritty details. I know I wouldn't be (you can e-mail me if you really want to know).

Edited by - branmakmuffin on 27 Apr 2003 07:32:35

Rekindin
Acolyte

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  21:01:59  Show Profile  Visit Rekindin's Homepage Send Rekindin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well met branmakmuffin and welcome to Candlekeep

Please let me be your good part of your day
Go to Top of Page

Alexis Merlin
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  21:41:25  Show Profile  Visit Alexis Merlin's Homepage Send Alexis Merlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met Branmakmuffin, and welcome to these greatly hallowed halls. If you need anything just ask and one of the many Learned Scribes will no doubt answer.

It is knowledge that influences and equalizes the social condition of man; that gives to all, however different their political position, passions which are in common, and enjoyments which are universal.
(Benjamin Disraeli)
Go to Top of Page

branmakmuffin
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  21:42:29  Show Profile  Visit branmakmuffin's Homepage Send branmakmuffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dang, I think I went from Novice to Apprentice with my "Intro" post.
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  21:54:02  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by branmakmuffin

Dang, I think I went from Novice to Apprentice with my "Intro" post.

Heh

Congratulations and Welcome (belatedly)

I hope you find whatever you look for, and I'll help if you need it.

Safe Travels

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  22:14:34  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met branmakmuffin

Welcome to Candlekeep. 'Tis a while since you entered the halls, I trust you have made yourself at home and gained further knowledge in your time here.

Enjoy your stay in the library.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  22:21:00  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So welcome Branmakmuffin
Go to Top of Page

branmakmuffin
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  22:35:19  Show Profile  Visit branmakmuffin's Homepage Send branmakmuffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alaundo:

quote:
'Tis a while since you entered the halls, I trust you have made yourself at home and gained further knowledge in your time here.

I have endeavored to make a royal pain in the rear of myself.

I can only hope I have triumphed.

;-)

Edited by - branmakmuffin on 28 Mar 2003 22:36:33
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2003 :  00:44:14  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to these great walls of Candlekeep, Branmakmuffin. I look forward to reading your future posts, and if you have any questions, post them and another scribe or I will answer.
Go to Top of Page

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2003 :  00:59:06  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm still a lowly scribe but welcome. I hope your time in studying is satisfying and that you may find what you need.

May Melkor smile upon every spell you cast.
Go to Top of Page

branmakmuffin
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2003 :  01:06:41  Show Profile  Visit branmakmuffin's Homepage Send branmakmuffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have found plenty of helpful information for my still-in-preparation FR campaign, and hope I have also provided some, or at least some thought-provoking quips.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2003 :  03:24:20  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings Bran Mak Flakes! Er . . . some sort of breakfast thing.

Though it seems a bit redundant, what with it being so long since the start.

[Bookwyrm looks around at the assembled scribes, who are all looking back at him.]

What? Surely you don't expect me to do this at this late of a date!

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

MidNight
Acolyte

Netherlands
43 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2003 :  20:52:32  Show Profile  Visit MidNight's Homepage Send MidNight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, branmakmuffin. I hope you'll enjoy your visists to Candlekeep that're hopefully yet to come!

Love magic for itself. Do not treat it just as a weapon to reshape the world to your will. True wisdom is knowing when not to use magic. Strive to use magic less as your powers develop, for often the threat or promise of its use outstrips is actual performance. Magic is an Art, the Gift of the Lady, and those who wield it are privileged it the extreme. Conduct yourself humbly, not proudly, while being mindful of this. Use the Art deftly and efficiently, not carelessly and recklessly. Seek always to learn and create new magic.
Go to Top of Page

Avaly
Acolyte

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2003 :  21:54:43  Show Profile  Visit Avaly's Homepage Send Avaly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since you have a bigger post count than I, I think maybe you should be welcoming me. /giggle I am happy to have read your posts from before and look forward to your other ones in the future.

Honor to all,
Avaly Nightstar
Go to Top of Page

branmakmuffin
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2003 :  20:26:00  Show Profile  Visit branmakmuffin's Homepage Send branmakmuffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Avaly:

quote:
Since you have a bigger post count than I, I think maybe you should be welcoming me. /giggle

Well then, as they say 'round here, well met.

quote:
I am happy to have read your posts from before

Thank goodness someone is :-)

quote:
and look forward to your other ones in the future.

Thank goodness someone is. :-)

Edited by - branmakmuffin on 28 Mar 2003 22:37:52
Go to Top of Page

Avaly
Acolyte

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2003 :  22:50:06  Show Profile  Visit Avaly's Homepage Send Avaly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
/giggles wildly

I think we all look forward to what you have to say and what you already had said. :)

Ava
Go to Top of Page

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2003 :  22:54:53  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*chuckles* Well met and welcome even though it is belated! Hope you keep enjoying your stay here at Candlekeep.

"What's that," asked Mogget.
"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

"What you made a vampire...Pomeranian?!" --Hannibal King from Blade Trinity

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page

branmakmuffin
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2003 :  22:40:22  Show Profile  Visit branmakmuffin's Homepage Send branmakmuffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Avaly

/giggles wildly

I think we all look forward to what you have to say and what you already had said. :)

Dang, you complimented me and I took 5 days to reply!

I profusely apologize and thank you for your kind words.
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2003 :  00:07:51  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HAH HAH!

I never red Cerebus, but I have read Bran Mac Morn. EXCELLENT!

I love this name, and now I must go down to the comic store to find a trade of cerebus so I can find this Bran Mac Muffin. BRILLIANT!!!

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2003 :  03:14:37  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A belated welcome Bran! I too have some issues with the AD&D system, that's why I primarily use ICE's Rolemaster for my FR campaign.
Anyway, welcome and looking forward to the knowledge you will surely share amongst us.

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2003 :  04:44:31  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm interesting...

I love to study all the roleplaying systems, and as of yet I have found the AD&D 3E to be one of the best. Rolemaster is unwieldy, but I do find the runequest system to be a bit more workable.

All these systems are abstract representations of combat, and as any SCA fighter can tell you, even the KING has trouble fighting off four guys. But as role playing game statistics go, a high level character can fight off hundreds. Except now for 3E. The new system has a bit more balance to it. Guess roleplaying systems are liek technology. You need to get through the mistakes to improve.

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2003 :  18:48:42  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail Bran I have noly just got around to welcoming you despite you having a much higher rating than me and also have probally be at candlekeep for longer . Any way welcome and i hope that you enjoy your stay as much as i have.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore-
While i nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
-The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe
Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2003 :  04:01:22  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, it would appear I'm a little late but...

Welcome, Branmakmuffin, to these walls of infinite knowledge.

MAy you enjoy your stay.

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page

branmakmuffin
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2003 :  17:55:23  Show Profile  Visit branmakmuffin's Homepage Send branmakmuffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elrond Half Elven

Hail Bran I have noly just got around to welcoming you despite you having a much higher rating than me and also have probally be at candlekeep for longer . Any way welcome and i hope that you enjoy your stay as much as i have.

Well, unlike some other forums you may have participated in, I don't think "rank" means much here. After all, it's all about knowledge, not about lording it over those with fewer "levels". Knowledge is as likely to come from someone with zero posts as from someone with 1000 posts.

Well met to you, too.

To mournblade94 and Yasraena:

Since this is a Forgotten Realms forum and not specifically a D20 or (A)D&D forum, perhaps it is acceptable to discuss other ways we run the Realms, but Alaundo probably wouldn't like it if we did it in this forum.

Edited by - branmakmuffin on 04 Apr 2003 01:51:43
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2003 :  18:11:13  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

quote:
Originally posted by branmakmuffin

To mournblade94 and Yasraena:

Since this is a Forgotten Realms forum and not specifically a D20 or (A)D&D forum, perhaps it is acceptable to discuss other ways we run the Realms, but Alaundo probably wouldn't like it if we did it in this forum.

Not at all branmakmuffin, whilst we prefer to concentrate to lore of the Realms, running a campaign and sharing tactics does require the use of D&D and d20 and thus can be freely discussed in the Running the Realms tome.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Malice
Seeker

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2003 :  23:52:38  Show Profile  Visit Malice's Homepage Send Malice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep; I hope you have a great time here!

"Khaless? Ha. Vel'bol zhah nindol 'khaless' dos telanth? d'usstan zhaun ol naut."

Edited by - Malice on 06 May 2003 17:08:38
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000