Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Member name changes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Candlekeep Webmaster
Webmaster

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2003 :  11:34:29  Show Profile  Visit Candlekeep Webmaster's Homepage Send Candlekeep Webmaster a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Another name change, this time Targondigeta Fendrahido has now become ::drum roll::...........tada........none other than, Targon Moonrise!

Jay
Candlekeep Webmaster

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood

Edited by - Alaundo on 27 Mar 2003 09:33:55

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2003 :  11:45:20  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
::canned applause::

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2003 :  12:43:03  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A lot more simple to remember... i prefer
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2003 :  16:47:45  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like your new name better, too. It's easier to pronounce and remember, like zemd said.

Hmmm...it seems as if I've started a trend in name-changing when I changed from drummerboy465 to Drummer Boy.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2003 :  16:59:40  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Probably you were just the first one to do what had been on the minds of some people. But let's see -- anyone else want a name change? Zemd? Do you want to capitolize your name? (Of course, you aren't the only one, but you are the most visible . . . .)

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2003 :  17:23:27  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I don't really understand what you mean Bookwyrm...
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2003 :  17:35:37  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't worry about it. I was just referring to the fact that so many people on here have names that start with lower-case letters, and was using yours as an example. After all, you're the highest-ranked member with a name like that ("zemd" instead of "Zemd"). I know that it stands for something, of course -- But I like the sound of it as all one word. "Zemd." Heh. I think it makes a great character name . . . .

But don't worry. You don't have to change it, it was just an idle comment.

Go to Top of Page

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2003 :  19:28:56  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you all for your support in my name. I fill this fits better with my character than before. My name was part of the character change that I did. Thanks to Trafaldi, I found out how to change it.

May Melkor smile upon every spell you cast.
Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2003 :  05:55:11  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Origianally posted by: Bookwyrm

I know that it stands for something, of course -- But I like the sound of it as all one word. "Zemd." Heh. I think it makes a great character name . . . .

I know what it means, i remember reading it in the first character names forum. It means "The DM".(i hope)

Anyways, how do I go about changing my name. Nothing dramatically huge, i just want the underscore (_) in my name changed to a space ( ). I was unaware we were allowed to use spaces when I signed uo (so long ago) as most internet names don't let you. I would just like it from "Salius_Kai" to "Salius Kai"

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2003 :  07:32:37  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
She also mentioned it over here. It was when she was introducing herself originally. If I'm not mistaken, it was also one of the most detailed introductions made here, proving she wasn't one of those shy folks who just say "Hi, I'm new, I hope I'm going to have fun here."

Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2003 :  11:13:58  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I read this thread... It seems centuries ago, when i was a newbie.
And Salius, you're right it'd be better that way
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2003 :  12:17:09  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, it's like archeology: digging for the origins of Learned Scribes!

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2003 :  17:36:06  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

quote:
Originally posted by Salius_Kai
Anyways, how do I go about changing my name. Nothing dramatically huge, i just want the underscore (_) in my name changed to a space ( ). I was unaware we were allowed to use spaces when I signed uo (so long ago) as most internet names don't let you. I would just like it from "Salius_Kai" to "Salius Kai"

*fffwiinnnng*
Your wish is my command SALIUS KAI, the underscore has been removed.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Edited by - Alaundo on 16 Mar 2003 17:36:24
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2003 :  21:33:24  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We can have anything we wish?!
Well, let me make a list...

<zemd begin to write a LONG, LONG, LONG, ... list. Then she stops looks at Alaundo>
It's like before christmas ... So, a new dress, rings, a golden pen, a necklace, those nice shoes i saw last time, ...
Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2003 :  22:15:52  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Origianally posted by: Alaundo

*fffwiinnnng*
Your wish is my command SALIUS KAI, the underscore has been removed.

And I thank you for it as well, Alaundo. It looks much better.

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2003 :  09:35:27  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

Nay, not another imposter.... alas, Chronic Alcoholic has changed names to Thorin Stoutdrinker..... sounds along the same lines to me

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

branmakmuffin
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2003 :  17:55:48  Show Profile  Visit branmakmuffin's Homepage Send branmakmuffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can I change my user name from "branmakmuffin" to "Haiko"? Originally, I had no plans to go into the Candlekeep Inn and post in character, but now I think it might be fun, and I don't really want "branmakmuffi" to be my name.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2003 :  10:40:32  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

quote:
Originally posted by branmakmuffin

Can I change my user name from "branmakmuffin" to "Haiko"? Originally, I had no plans to go into the Candlekeep Inn and post in character, but now I think it might be fun, and I don't really want "branmakmuffi" to be my name.

Indeed, branmakmuffin. Although you CAN enter the in as Haiko by creating a new profile. That way you can have a member for forum posting as one for the Inn as seperate personalities. Remember that post counts to not increase within the Inn. If you still wish to have your name changed to Haiko then please contact me.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Malice
Seeker

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2003 :  23:58:06  Show Profile  Visit Malice's Homepage Send Malice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've subscribed as different people at differnt forums, and it was really confusing... so now, I just RP as Malice

"Khaless? Ha. Vel'bol zhah nindol 'khaless' dos telanth? d'usstan zhaun ol naut."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000