Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Book Club
 Blackstaff: Chapters 10 - 17
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2006 :  23:51:43  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met

This is a Book Club thread for Blackstaff(Book 1 of The Wizards series), by Steven Schend. Please discuss chapters 10 - 17 herein.

Steven Schend will be here to answer any questions and respond to comments

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2006 :  00:10:08  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Twins! Congratulations to Blackstaff and Laeral! :)

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2006 :  00:54:32  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sharn and Phaerimm, my favorite aberrations from before we all knew they were aberrations. So could we finally be learning about what the deal is with these two species? Although most of the description was back in the first section, I have to thank Steven for making sure to describe the Phaerimm with the lines of eyes running down the side of them. I will always pictures them as they looked in the FR13 Valerie Valusek picture of them, since they looked a lot more menacing to me in that picture.

The news about Khelben and Laeral was very interesting ("it took us 500 years to have a child together"), and the flashback showing how Khelben first fell for her was touching, in a wild spellbattle, Khelben ending up "dead" kind of way.

There are so many things going on, I have a hard time knowing what to even comment on, except that dispite the different things being juggled, its still been smooth to follow, even if everything doesn't quite make sense yet. Its great to see some characters, like Maskar Wands show up, and I can't even begin to think about the Semmemon and Ashemi thing (I liked Laeral's comment about Malchor having a hard time working with them). Here is to hoping we get more of these two in the book.

I wonder if we will actually get more specific information about the Moonstars, or just keep getting peripheral glances at people in the group without fully acknowledging it.
Go to Top of Page

eldritchknight
Acolyte

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2006 :  01:52:43  Show Profile  Visit eldritchknight's Homepage Send eldritchknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Twins!? Looking forward to reading that part, as I am only on Chapter Twelve.

I have to say what a great book this is so far, and nice seeing Semmemmon and Ashemi in the book.

Got...to read...more.
Go to Top of Page

Beezy
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2006 :  05:47:14  Show Profile  Visit Beezy's Homepage Send Beezy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am throughly amazed with this novel. This is Mr Schend's first attempt at a realms novel is it not? I think his work is absolutely terrific and so far I am liking the plot and how he includes so much realmslore into the story line.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2006 :  06:36:20  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beezy

I am throughly amazed with this novel. This is Mr Schend's first attempt at a realms novel is it not? I think his work is absolutely terrific and so far I am liking the plot and how he includes so much realmslore into the story line.

It's his first novel, ever. :) He's only written sourcebooks before this.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2006 :  07:09:00  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:
Originally posted by Beezy

It's his first novel, ever. :) He's only written sourcebooks before this.

It's his first FR novel, but not his first Realms fiction.

Steven also wrote "Persana's Blade" for the Realms of the Deep anthology.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wandering_mage
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2006 :  15:33:10  Show Profile  Visit Wandering_mage's Homepage Send Wandering_mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am overwhelmed with all the pieces of the puzzle coming together on so many bits of lore. This is definitely one of the those must read books about the Realms. Without it you miss out on so much. I am just amazed right now.

Illum
The Wandering Mage
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2006 :  05:08:56  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I loved the entrance of Semmemon and Ashemi into the story here, and the recurring theme of Khelben calling for "Petrylloc's Gambit." Especially how the two former Zhentarim responded to the comment.

Its strange to see a Sharn in such a compromised position. We are so used to seeing them doing "Big Things" and being dangerous, so it really does reinforce the nature of the lich's power to show him being able to hold a Sharn captive and interrogate it thusly.

I loved the comment about Volo and his interpretation of the Legacy. Its interesting to get to see how such a character is perceived by other noteworthy characters in the setting. Not to mention, I miss Volo, so its good to get a mention of the old fellow.

I also like how we have reinforcement, through Tsarra, that the general population has no idea who Khelben and Laeral really are. When you know some of the answers, its easy to forget that not everyone is suppose to know that things that you know.

I am put in mind of the article that Steven mentioned a while back about all of the deaths of Khelben. It would be interesting to see all of the various identities and intrigues that he used to convince others that he was dead, and just how close he actually came each time.

I am curious to find out if Semmemon and Ashemi are actually agents of the Moonstars, or if they are just working with them "for now."

The Nykarran Mourninglobe is just the sort of magic item I love to hear about to flesh out the setting. Its great to hear about these magic items that aren't about combat or of immediate utility, but yet serve a facinating purpose that a society that has access to magic might come up with eventually.

Steven, if you check in, is there a specific reason that Mynda can't be ressurected? I'm just curious, because obviously other characters mentioned in the story have been raised or ressurected, so I was just wondering what the difference might have been? Was it the fact that she was killed by the peculiar energy of the items the Sharn are after?

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2006 :  12:55:03  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

I am curious to find out if Semmemon and Ashemi are actually agents of the Moonstars, or if they are just working with them "for now."

I'm afraid the answer to this is under a Wall of NDA spell for now....

quote:

Steven, if you check in, is there a specific reason that Mynda can't be ressurected? I'm just curious, because obviously other characters mentioned in the story have been raised or ressurected, so I was just wondering what the difference might have been? Was it the fact that she was killed by the peculiar energy of the items the Sharn are after?

Hard to say....While I'm a big comic book fan and would like to say the old rule of "Is there a body? Then death is negotiable" would apply. Still, there's an important line stated later in the book that suggests why Mynda is unlikely to come back. All I'll say is pay attention to Syndra Wands...

Steven

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2006 :  00:03:53  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just want to say, I love all the imaginitive magical items and things in the book so far...such as the face on the bookmark that blows pages over. Now this is what magic and fantasy should be--something that feels bizarre and stirs the imagination, not dulled down into a science.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2006 :  01:03:49  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

I just want to say, I love all the imaginitive magical items and things in the book so far...such as the face on the bookmark that blows pages over. Now this is what magic and fantasy should be--something that feels bizarre and stirs the imagination, not dulled down into a science.

I liked that chamber pot of Sune that cleaned people. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 23 Jul 2006 01:04:01
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2006 :  01:18:57  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

I liked that chamber pot of Sune that cleaned people. :)

Yeah, I remember that. I wonder what it's like just coming up with all this stuff...

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

Mazrim_Taim
Learned Scribe

341 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2006 :  02:47:06  Show Profile  Visit Mazrim_Taim's Homepage Send Mazrim_Taim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting how the Sharns keep coming into play, I wonder what their business in all of this is?

Also, just got done with the Sharn fight in the Sleeping Dragon and met Sememmon and Ashemmi. I wonder if he still wants his stuff back?

I also want to thank Steven because I am really enjoying reading the book, it's fast becoming one of my favorites.

And if the PCs DO win their ways through all the liches to Larloch, “he” will almost certainly be just another lich (loaded with explosive spells) set up as a decoy, with dozens of hidden liches waiting to pounce on any surviving PCs who ‘celebrate’ after they take Larloch down. As the REAL Larloch watches (magical scrying) from afar. Myself, as DM, I’d be wondering: “Such a glorious game, so many opportunities laid out before your PCs to devote your time to, and THIS fixation is the best you can come up with? Are you SURE you’re adventurers?” -Ed Greenwood

Edited by - Mazrim_Taim on 23 Jul 2006 02:49:33
Go to Top of Page

Mkhaiwati
Learned Scribe

USA
252 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2006 :  03:40:15  Show Profile  Visit Mkhaiwati's Homepage Send Mkhaiwati a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I recently asked Steven Schend about some sayings that pop up in Blackstaff, and it has been mentioned that I share those answers with the book club. Here goes:

quote:
On page 149, Khelben swears to Gamalon saying "Do you need me to pledge by the Nine who Remain, the Six Argent Guardians, or the Twelve Mysteries, among other things?"

Well, if I told you all about those things, there'd be no mysteries left to plumb, would there?

This was my touch of the hat brim to old faerie tales in how there were many more mysteries than ever defined or talked about. I wanted to lend an air of mystery there....and also one should never know everything about what wizards discuss. `tis not safe.

The fact that Gamalon understands all that might mean that whoever those mysteries are, it could be known to the more powerful mages in Faerun.

Mkhaiwati

"Behold the work of the old... let your heritage not be lost but bequeath it as a memory, treasure and blessing... Gather the lost and the hidden and preserve it for thy children."

"not nale. not-nale. thog help nail not-nale, not nale. and thog knot not-nale while nale nail not-nale. nale, not not-nale, now nail not-nale by leaving not-nale, not nale, in jail." OotS #367
Go to Top of Page

darkcrow
Learned Scribe

USA
269 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2006 :  07:04:19  Show Profile  Visit darkcrow's Homepage Send darkcrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The story is flowing along very well. Being the first book that I read of Blackstaff playing a major role, I'm really enjoying myself. Just one thing though. I hate to nit pick but I thought Blackstaff and Tsarra can't be more than 8 arm lenghths away from each other but in the beginning of chapter 17 she's sleeping in a room alone. Can someone clear that up for me? I really like Raegar. He plays his part well as a rogue. If he had gaming stats, he definitly has a high Charisma bounus. I too enjoy the many mentions of different characters in other books like the Mad Mage of Undermountain. The pieces are coming together well and I can't wait to see them fit together.

May Tymora smile upon ye
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2006 :  00:38:50  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by darkcrow

The story is flowing along very well. Being the first book that I read of Blackstaff playing a major role, I'm really enjoying myself. Just one thing though. I hate to nit pick but I thought Blackstaff and Tsarra can't be more than 8 arm lenghths away from each other but in the beginning of chapter 17 she's sleeping in a room alone. Can someone clear that up for me?

Hmmm. Blackstaff was right next door...?

[quoteI really like Raegar. He plays his part well as a rogue. If he had gaming stats, he definitly has a high Charisma bounus.
[/quote]

Probably not very high INT though, IMO (going by the way he's written).

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2006 :  01:22:25  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The story is flowing along very well. Being the first book that I read of Blackstaff playing a major role, I'm really enjoying myself. Just one thing though. I hate to nit pick but I thought Blackstaff and Tsarra can't be more than 8 arm lenghths away from each other but in the beginning of chapter 17 she's sleeping in a room alone. Can someone clear that up for me? I really like Raegar. He plays his part well as a rogue. If he had gaming stats, he definitly has a high Charisma bounus. I too enjoy the many mentions of different characters in other books like the Mad Mage of Undermountain. The pieces are coming together well and I can't wait to see them fit together.

You know, I wouldn't put it past Khelben to be the type to tell someone that they had about half as much leeway as they really do, just to they don't accidentially go out of bounds.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2006 :  01:24:21  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good point, KEJR.

Go to Top of Page

darkcrow
Learned Scribe

USA
269 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2006 :  07:07:56  Show Profile  Visit darkcrow's Homepage Send darkcrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That sounds like something Khelben would do. Many Thanks to the both of you.

May Tymora smile upon ye
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2006 :  02:25:39  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're welcome. :)

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2006 :  00:24:31  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:

The story is flowing along very well. Being the first book that I read of Blackstaff playing a major role, I'm really enjoying myself. Just one thing though. I hate to nit pick but I thought Blackstaff and Tsarra can't be more than 8 arm lenghths away from each other but in the beginning of chapter 17 she's sleeping in a room alone. Can someone clear that up for me?

Hmmm. Blackstaff was right next door...?

[quoteI really like Raegar. He plays his part well as a rogue. If he had gaming stats, he definitly has a high Charisma bounus.

Probably not very high INT though, IMO (going by the way he's written).
[/quote]

Lyrna's right on both counts.

Khelben was right next door in the next room; it's distance, not intervening walls, that matter.

Consider Raegar as a Charisma 18 but I'm not sure where his Int lies...

Steven

Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2006 :  00:32:07  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He seemed not precisely stupid, but not really smart.

I'd peg him at average.

Planescape Fanatic

"Fiends and Undead are the peanut butter and jelly of evil." - Me
"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2006 :  13:26:31  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, Steven... you sneaky devil.

When I asked you several months ago about what you thought the current status of Semmemon and Ashemi would be like after Darkhold, 'tis likely you were sitting on this little gem. Weren't you? Admit it?

Regardless, I loved their entry -- saving Khelben no less. And the way it was written, reminded me so much of a young Dr. Stephen Strange, who once faced a horde of demons rampaging in New York during Inferno, was eventually forced to call on assistance from one of his greatest rivals. And the verbal sparing between the trio... with Tsarra left on the sidelines... Neato!

If and when Semmemon and Ashemi see further focus in the Realmslore -- whether through the fiction or in source material -- I hope you're somewhere in the mix... contributing where you can.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 22 Aug 2006 13:31:23
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2006 :  16:31:49  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Ah, Steven... you sneaky devil.

When I asked you several months ago about what you thought the current status of Semmemon and Ashemi would be like after Darkhold, 'tis likely you were sitting on this little gem. Weren't you? Admit it?

Regardless, I loved their entry -- saving Khelben no less. And the way it was written, reminded me so much of a young Dr. Stephen Strange, who once faced a horde of demons rampaging in New York during Inferno, was eventually forced to call on assistance from one of his greatest rivals. And the verbal sparing between the trio... with Tsarra left on the sidelines... Neato!

If and when Semmemon and Ashemi see further focus in the Realmslore -- whether through the fiction or in source material -- I hope you're somewhere in the mix... contributing where you can.

Yup. I was sitting on that scene the whole time.

I share that hope with you, re: writing Sememmon & Ashemmi in the future.

Steven
who wonders if anyone else sees Sememmon as the guy who plays Baltar on the new Battlestar Galactica....

Go to Top of Page

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2006 :  16:43:11  Show Profile Send Foxhelm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

Yup. I was sitting on that scene the whole time.

I share that hope with you, re: writing Sememmon & Ashemmi in the future.

Steven
who wonders if anyone else sees Sememmon as the guy who plays Baltar on the new Battlestar Galactica....

Does that make Ashemmi Six? (At least in her Gold Elf form).

Ed Greenwood! The Solution... and Cause of all the Realms Problems!
Go to Top of Page

Dhomal
Senior Scribe

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2006 :  07:42:10  Show Profile Send Dhomal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello-

Again - there is not much more that I could really say to add anything much here.

All the little dropped new lore, references to existing lore and people, the nifty magic items (I especially Liked the Wands' "Mage Scanner" - all amount to a Wonderful book!

I will be reading on very soon!

Excellent work!

You know - this might be the first FR book that I put back into the pile to re-read - trying to make sure I get all the referneces out of it! Of course - I'm so far behind - that I really need to do some other reading before a re-read - but thats another story! (or even - 2 trilogies!)

Dhomal

I am collecting the D&D Minis. I would be more than willing to trade with people. You can send me a PM here with your email listed - and I can send you my minis list. Thanks!

Successfully traded with Xysma!
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2011 :  18:57:36  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Sharn's role is really interesting. I'd been curious what they really are ever since reading RotA.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Azuth
Senior Scribe

USA
404 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2011 :  06:12:05  Show Profile  Visit Azuth's Homepage Send Azuth a Private Message  Reply with Quote

What a well-written book all around. Admittedly, my work performance may have suffered now and again as I just had to read...one...more...page.

I understand Khelben passing along the "Blackstaff" title to Tsarra. I suspect all of this is covered under an NDA, but I'll ask.

1. Do you have any further information as to what became of Laeral and Khelben's children you'll be sharing in future novels? (Y/N only, if you can answer)

2. Was there a Blackstaff before Khelben? I am not really clear based on the novel, although it's possible I missed something.

3. Khelben seemed to use far less Silverfire than most other Chosen of Mystra. Could you elaborate on your decision not to evoke more of that in the novel?

Cheers.

Azuth, the First Magister
Lord of All Spells

The greatest expression of creativity is through Art.
Offense can never be given, only taken.
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  01:47:50  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Azuth

What a well-written book all around. Admittedly, my work performance may have suffered now and again as I just had to read...one...more...page.

I understand Khelben passing along the "Blackstaff" title to Tsarra. I suspect all of this is covered under an NDA, but I'll ask.

1. Do you have any further information as to what became of Laeral and Khelben's children you'll be sharing in future novels? (Y/N only, if you can answer)

2. Was there a Blackstaff before Khelben? I am not really clear based on the novel, although it's possible I missed something.

3. Khelben seemed to use far less Silverfire than most other Chosen of Mystra. Could you elaborate on your decision not to evoke more of that in the novel?

Cheers.

1. All I can legally and ethically share has been available in BLACKSTAFF TOWER or on my Q&A boards here at the keep. Much else about them is covered by NDAs bigger than the full moon outside right now.

2. Blackstaff as a title or honorarium, no, though there's the hint in the novel's prologue that his elven uncle wielded the Duskstaff (which may or may not have been the impetus and predecessor to the first true Blackstaff even before the man who would become Khelben used the name himself).

3. If he'd used any or much silver fire beyond the few instances he did, Tsarra would have exploded or worse (look to Ed's Secrets of the Magister for examples that might happen to those who fall while tied to Mystra's silver fires). I thought I'd put an aside about that into the novel, but it's been a long time since I'd written it, let alone given it a full read, so it may have hit the editing floor.

Now to get out under the full super-moon and think thoughts of Equinox....

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2011 :  01:35:56  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Steven, do you consider bringing Khelben back? Or is his death the end of it all? I've read some reviews (not here) saying his presence in the Realms is redundant. Who needs a Blackstaff Chosen when there's already the almighty Elminster? Well, I disagree, of course. His personality is way different from El's.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000