Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Book Club
 Shadowrealm - Chapters 1 - 4
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2008 :  23:24:22  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met

This is a Book Club thread for Shadowrealm (Book 3 of The Twilight War trilogy), by Paul S Kemp. Please discuss chapters 1 - 4 herein.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 12 Dec 2008 23:25:07

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3567 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2009 :  01:56:20  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's just like I finshed book two and started right in with this one. Paul's writing style is easy to get settled into and flows seamlessly from book to book. I enjoy seeing Riven still there to make sure Cale is on his toes.
Probably the most facinating events so far for me is Mask apologizing for what he did to Cale, and the implication that he may be protecting Varra for/from Cale.

ed:sp

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

Edited by - The Red Walker on 17 Feb 2009 20:33:35
Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
757 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2010 :  10:15:11  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Having read the first trilogy, and the first two books in this one back-to-back, I was a little burned out on Cale and only recently resumed at around chapter 2 or so (where the Ordulan army met with disaster). They met a horrible enough end, although I did feel a little sorry for them, as it had been the Talassans, Mirabeta and their original leader (I forget the name) who had been the evil ones. Mag's depression is ominous, and Mask's apology was a nice touch.

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2010 :  05:07:08  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kyrene

...and Mask's apology was a nice touch.

Agreed. I didn't expect it. I didn't know he's capable of apology.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7989 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2010 :  05:23:30  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I approve of this attempt to "humanize" Mask with depth, he wasn't much more than a talking sword in earlier novels.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2010 :  05:49:29  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Makes us wonder if Lathandar should do the same to Abelar. But then again, Cale endured more tribulations than Abelar.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2011 :  08:40:52  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I'm now rereading this for some research. And it's still as fun as the first time I did!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000