Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Hello Candlekeep
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Paladin_of_Torm
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2003 :  19:55:46  Show Profile  Visit Paladin_of_Torm's Homepage Send Paladin_of_Torm a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello Candlekeep. I have come to the site many times and have found wonderful information. Now with the forum, I can find more info when I need it. I hope to talk to most of patrons of the halls.

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2003 :  20:25:26  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings Paladin of Torm and welcome to Candlekeep.

-Echon

"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."

-William Blake

Edited by - Echon on 17 Mar 2003 20:45:42
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2003 :  20:38:21  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Paladin_of_T--

Paladin?

(*...must...not...attack...out...of...hand...*)

Er, 'scuse me. I, uh, have things to do. Yes. Urgent appointment. Good day!

[Bookwyrm runs out before he succums to draconic instincts.]

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2003 :  20:46:30  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Welcome, Paladin_of_T--

Paladin?

(*...must...not...attack...out...of...hand...*)

Er, 'scuse me. I, uh, have things to do. Yes. Urgent appointment. Good day!

[Bookwyrm runs out before he succums to draconic instincts.]

I thought Mthril Dragons were good-aligned...

-Echon

"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2003 :  20:53:56  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*ahem* Chaotic good. And can I help it if someone in full armor makes me think of (mmm) lobster . . .

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2003 :  21:55:01  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't listen to Bookwyrmling!
It's an honor to have a paladin among us

I hope you'll find here a safe place to learn and teach
Go to Top of Page

The_Mirt
Acolyte

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2003 :  00:12:29  Show Profile  Visit The_Mirt's Homepage Send The_Mirt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes Welcome to Candlekeep, all the books you could ever want but you must have a book worth 1000gp to get in the front door, a little steep for the less fortunate
Go to Top of Page

Avaly
Acolyte

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2003 :  00:40:55  Show Profile  Visit Avaly's Homepage Send Avaly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail and Honor,
Welcome to the place where the warmest and most intelligent scribes are enlisted. Please sit back and enjoy the conversation and come down to the Inn for a pint.

Honor to all,
Avaly Nightstar
Go to Top of Page

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2003 :  04:28:42  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met and welcome Paladin_of_Torm! I'm Sadon. If ever you need anything, feel free to ask.

"What's that," asked Mogget.
"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

"What you made a vampire...Pomeranian?!" --Hannibal King from Blade Trinity

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2003 :  10:09:59  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met Paladin_of_Torm, and welcome to Candlekeep.
I hope you will find much Realmslore and knowledge within the great library and enjoy your stay here.

If you have any questions then please feel free to contact me.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Alexis Merlin
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2003 :  20:44:41  Show Profile  Visit Alexis Merlin's Homepage Send Alexis Merlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome noble Paladin!

Nice to see that you have also joined us in the Candlekeep inn....

Now anyone want to bet on how soon/long it will be before Artalis joins this thread?

It is knowledge that influences and equalizes the social condition of man; that gives to all, however different their political position, passions which are in common, and enjoyments which are universal.
(Benjamin Disraeli)
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2003 :  22:11:49  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alexis Merlin
Now anyone want to bet on how soon/long it will be before Artalis joins this thread?

LOL

Welcome to Candlekeep Paladin_of_Torm! Maybe you can help keep some of these unruly types in order Watch out though..... Here be Dragons!!

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2003 :  00:56:38  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
**Walks into the room and looks around, takes out his pocketwatch, looks at it, and chucks it into the wastebasket**

AHEM!

Welcome Paladin_of_Torm

I hope you find all that you seek. If you need help in the seeking you can call upon me at any time. (Though I might not answer right away)

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2003 :  02:10:38  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can't trust that gnomish engineering, Artalis! They're too much in love with the details to make a truly consistant whole.

[Bookwyrm takes the watch out of the trash and pries off the back.]

See? Look at that. Twelve gears right here. Sure, they're of fine craftmanship -- just look at how small and perfect each cog is! -- but this job could just as easily be done with merely two gears.

Now, I'm sure that Mirt would just love to sell you a new one . . . .

Go to Top of Page

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2003 :  02:12:30  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome my friend. I hope you enjoy your stay in Candlekeep and don't be afraid to meet new people and share adventures.

May Melkor smile upon every spell you cast.
Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2003 :  02:26:53  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Paladin_of_Torm, to these walls of infinite knowledge.

May you find more welcomes, within.

A PALADIN? Sounds like you might have to share some stories with me sometime at the Inn.

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page

Paladin_of_Torm
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2003 :  04:53:41  Show Profile  Visit Paladin_of_Torm's Homepage Send Paladin_of_Torm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thank you all for your warm welcomes.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2003 :  08:19:12  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ROFLMAO

Artalis, Bookwyrm.... you sure know how to brighten up my day and get my chuckling!!

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

MidNight
Acolyte

Netherlands
43 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2003 :  13:24:34  Show Profile  Visit MidNight's Homepage Send MidNight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Paladin_of_Torm!
May you enjoy your visits in Candlekeep and may the wise scribes prove loyal to you. I'm sorry for my late welcome, by the way.
It's always nice to see a paladin among us. (In my humble opinion )

Love magic for itself. Do not treat it just as a weapon to reshape the world to your will. True wisdom is knowing when not to use magic. Strive to use magic less as your powers develop, for often the threat or promise of its use outstrips is actual performance. Magic is an Art, the Gift of the Lady, and those who wield it are privileged it the extreme. Conduct yourself humbly, not proudly, while being mindful of this. Use the Art deftly and efficiently, not carelessly and recklessly. Seek always to learn and create new magic.
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2003 :  14:15:36  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Late again...

Anyway, welcome to Candlekeep, Paladin_of_Torm. I hope you enjoy your stay here in these great walls of Candlekeep.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2003 :  17:56:04  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

ROFLMAO

Artalis, Bookwyrm.... you sure know how to brighten up my day and get my chuckling!!

I aim to please. Sometimes I hit a little to the left, though . . . I think the sights must be off on this crossbow . . . .

Go to Top of Page

Malice
Seeker

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2003 :  23:40:50  Show Profile  Visit Malice's Homepage Send Malice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep; I've new hre (kind of) but it's such a great place, and everybody's great, and the stories going around are great, and...*realizes that he's repeating himself* sorry...it's just...um...wornderful!

"Khaless? Ha. Vel'bol zhah nindol 'khaless' dos telanth? d'usstan zhaun ol naut."
Go to Top of Page

branmakmuffin
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2003 :  03:28:26  Show Profile  Visit branmakmuffin's Homepage Send branmakmuffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wilkmomen, bienvenue, welcome!

Wait, this is Candlekeep, not the cabaret.

I think we can use a good paladin 'round here.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000