Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Favorite Prestige
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2003 :  06:06:16  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I don't know if this has been asked yet, but I'm to tired to check and I have a question to go with it sooo....

Whats your favorite prestige class. Why?

Question: Is there an Alchemist prestige class. Is it possible to make your own prestige classes? If so, could someone show me website or something to aid me in creation of it?

Thank you.

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2003 :  11:26:48  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hard question!!!
There're so much prestige class! The Arcane Trickster is quite cool, the Archmage (sp?) too, definitly the Arcane Archer and the Assassin... and more

But some that i dislike are Blackguard, i think it should be a standard class and the true necromancer i think it's very disapointing

As for an Alchemist prestige class, i didn't find, i'll try. And to create prestige class, there're tips in the DM's guide (not very detailed)
Go to Top of Page

Jalapeno
Acolyte

Turkey
9 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2003 :  11:46:55  Show Profile  Visit Jalapeno's Homepage Send Jalapeno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spellshaper rules

Don't think! Use your insticts.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2003 :  12:29:13  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WHAT ARE THESE THINGS????????????????????

They changed so much with 3E . . . . Sometimes I think I need to buy the whole library just to follow what some of you are talking about!!!!!

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2003 :  14:05:23  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am somewhat new to 3rd edition and am not familiar with the prestige classes really.

I am curious though I was thinking about converting Nighteyes to 3rd edition.. Is there a Bladesinger class/prestige class?

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2003 :  14:36:46  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In the canon products the bladesinger as you know it doesn't exist. There the sword dancer but restricted to the followers of Eilistraee. But wait for Races of Faerun i think they'll put it in.

Quick explanation of what a prestige class is:
You begin you adventurer career with one og the standard class (Fighter, wizard, rogue,...) Once you meet the requirements of a prestige class (Feats, Skills, ...) you can take the prestige class. So you'll be for example Rogue 6/Sorceror 1/Assassin 5
It's a 12 level character. Do you understand?
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2003 :  14:51:20  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That sounds kind of broken... Maybe I don't understand it correctly.

So once you meet the requirements of the Prestige Class. You take it and it grants you the abilities associated with the prestige class. (this includes levels in other classes?)

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2003 :  15:20:00  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe i didn't explain correctly...
When you meet the requirements, you are allowed to multiclass with the prestige class.
Is that clearer now?
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2003 :  16:38:19  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok so where do I find out the scoop on these prestige classes. I don't remember where they are. FRCS? DMG? PH? or what?

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2003 :  18:04:45  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Artalis

Ok so where do I find out the scoop on these prestige classes. I don't remember where they are. FRCS? DMG? PH? or what?

They have some in the Dungeon Master's Guide, the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, and Faiths and Pantheons, but you can always create your own prestige class, as long as it's well thought-out, not unbalancing in your campaign, and you have the DM's permission.
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2003 :  21:38:04  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, every D20 book that is released contains prestige class. IMO much are unbalanced, i definetly keep wotc products (T&B, S&S, MoW, LoD, DoF, ...)
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2003 :  22:52:19  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found the Bladesinger Prestige Class in Tome & Blood on pages 49 and 50. How does this work? For example Nighteyes is a 18th level warrior and 19th level mage with the Bladesinger Kit in second edition.

But if I understand the prestige classes correctly you don't earn levels as a mage or warrior anymore but as your new prestige class.

So If I try to convert him he is going to loose his higher level spells (above 4th lvl).

Somebody help me out here....

Artalis

Email

Edited by - Artalis on 16 Mar 2003 22:53:30
Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2003 :  01:40:55  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you all for your help reguarding the alchemist class. I'll have to look into it.

Unfortunitly, Artalis, I'm not sure how they work. I know I'm not a big help, but mabey another scribe could help us out.

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2003 :  09:10:01  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I found the Bladesinger Prestige Class in Tome & Blood on pages 49 and 50. How does this work? For example Nighteyes is a 18th level warrior and 19th level mage with the Bladesinger Kit in second edition.

But if I understand the prestige classes correctly you don't earn levels as a mage or warrior anymore but as your new prestige class.

So If I try to convert him he is going to loose his higher level spells (above 4th lvl).

Somebody help me out here....

I didn't see it...

It means that Nighteyes must be able to cast 1st level arcane spells at least, but he has a greater level in an arcane class (here wizard) he'll retain all his spells from that class PLUS the ones provided by the prestige class.

In your case, you'll choose to give Nighteyes x levels in Fighter and x levels in wizard. Then when you meet the requirements you can take the prestige class.
I'll work on it tonight if you agree, i'll convert it for you if you want. But you can also look for the conversion guide that wotc released (it's free)
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2003 :  13:18:05  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok I get the general idea.

Wow zemd, that is a generous offer indeed thank you.

If you have the time to spare and actually feel like doing it go ahead.

I guess that I would have to go with 16th lvl warrior and 18th lvl wizard with the extra 3 levels going into Bladesinger. Otherwise he would lose his 9th lvl spells and he has already cast Wish a few times and I don't want to rewrite campaign history as it were.

In third edition this makes him a 37th lvl character (heh)

The only problem is that in his history I have him training as a bladesinger in his youth which was over 300 years ago. GRRRR

I guess this is one of those situations where the old cant really be converted to the new without rewriting history as it were.....

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

AraznBlair
Learned Scribe

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2003 :  15:54:45  Show Profile  Visit AraznBlair's Homepage Send AraznBlair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zemd
But you can also look for the conversion guide that wotc released (it's free)

zemb, where is that conversion guide exactly. I have a 2E Fighter/Mage (Arazn Blair with states located in the Hall of Hero's) that I would like to convert into 3E. If you could show me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Arazn Blair
Fightermage Extrodinare
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2003 :  16:24:30  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by AraznBlair

[quote]
zemb, where is that conversion guide exactly.

zemb, who is zemb? Well since i know the answer, i can answer: you can download it here

Go to Top of Page

AraznBlair
Learned Scribe

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2003 :  16:36:53  Show Profile  Visit AraznBlair's Homepage Send AraznBlair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
zemd, I'm sorry about that. I was typing to fast and was not paying attention. Please allow me to buy you a drink to make up for my mistake.

Arazn Blair
Fightermage Extrodinare
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2003 :  17:12:35  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Zemd, you double-posted! Shame on you!

I guess now we all know how you got to be a Learned Scribe! j/k

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2003 :  19:06:09  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was in class and i had two ie windows open... so when i posted one and i saw the reply formular still on the screen, i thought i didn't post it...

Still, shame on me
But i sware it's the first time i do such thing
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2003 :  21:53:14  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am not impressed with the conversion process as I see it in the booklet.

According to these rules I have to take Nighteyes 19 lvl Wizard and 18 lvl Warrior down to 25 levels total.

Now in 3rd edition a wizard gains the ability to cast 9th lvl spells at 17th level. So he has to be at least 17th lvl mage. Which leaves 8 levels to split between Warrior and Bladesinger. Which is not an even split by any means. Nighteyes has always taken great care to balance his studies so now here I am twisting the character around to fit the rules.

so 17th level wizard and 8th lvl Bladesinger? That is so off, to my way of thinking. Though maybe it's not so bad...

Hmmm now I have to figure out what to do about his psionics?

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2003 :  22:00:56  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You'll have to look in the psionic handbook... I can't help you i didn't buy it. I only have the 2nd edition book
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  03:29:32  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is it permissible to multiclass in prestige classes?

Say like oh..Archmage/Bladesinger?

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  06:23:50  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Is it permissible to multiclass in prestige classes?

Say like oh..Archmage/Bladesinger?

If you meet the prerequestique, yes
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  08:40:40  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Boy, I don't think I want to mess with an Archsinger. Or would that be Blademage?

Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  10:59:31  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Boy, I don't think I want to mess with an Archsinger. Or would that be Blademage?

Since a bladesinger is a kind of Figther/Wizard Blademage isn't very original, but a Archsinger is a cool name
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  15:45:41  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Blademage isn't very original...

I'm insulted! See if I ever talk to you again. j/k

Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  16:41:53  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

[quote]but a Archsinger is a cool name

You didn't read until the end!!!
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  17:12:59  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes I did -- I was just teasing you. (I do that sort of thing a lot! )

Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  17:16:44  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

I was just teasing you.

I knew it! And hopefully you were teasing me, or i would be very disapointed by your way of thinking
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  04:13:43  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok zemd, here's a challenge for you...

At what level/s can a sun elf Fighter/Wizard become a Bladesinger providing that his initial character feat is Ambidexterity? Assuming that all feats will be dedicated to that purpose.

And another question: If you take the prestige class (say bladesinger for arguments sake ) can you continue on in one of your original classes? Becoming, in this case, a Bladesinger/Wizard?

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000