Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 2003 - The Year of the Reprint
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2003 :  11:15:52  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Ok, so just checking out the latest updates to Candlekeep, there are yet more reprints\repackaging of FR novels this year.

Yet another package of Legacy of the Drow, now in a boxed set. So thats the originaly novels in both hardcover and paperback, the Collectors Edition, in hardcover and paperback, and now in a boxed set!

Also, Homeland as an author annotated edition (which actually should be quite interesting).

...and as we know, the new covers for the Avatar Series, now to include Prince of Lies and Crucible.

What with Daughter of the Drow and Tangled Webs rereleased (with good reason i suppose), I cant help but think it all a bit of a WotC Cash-in. No doubt we will have a WotSQ collectors edtion\boxed set\gift set or whatever when its all over....

Wish List: While youre at it WotC, how about a nice Evermeet: Island of Elves in an ancient leather-effect bound volume!? Bet thats got ArionElenim and Bookwyrm drooling Now THAT I would definately buy!!

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2003 :  11:54:04  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ooooo, that sounds nice . . . but (*sigh*) for a dragon of my age I'm remarkably short on coin . . . I keep spending it on necessities like books, food, books, clothes, books, etc.

Besides, I already got a great deal on my present copy -- six gold pieces. For an unused, hardback, right-from-the-dealer copy. (Normally it's twenty-two.)

My brother was upset. He paid full price.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.

Edited by - Bookwyrm on 16 Mar 2003 13:28:24
Go to Top of Page

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2003 :  19:33:25  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like the leather-bound Evermeet.*pulls out a big pouch of gold.* I've never read the book but from the talk, it's THE book to read if you're into the elven races in Fearun, like I am. Don't worry Bookwyrm, I'm also short on money so I could really buy it.

May Melkor smile upon every spell you cast.
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2003 :  20:07:26  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
INDEED!

I have always wondered why WOTC doesn't stop putting this really cartoon-y looking art on every novel...it seems that smart, sharp-looking binding would sell much better....for example, I love the art on the new Avatar series...very professional and serious-looking, as if the writers themselves were involved...

And WOW...if they had a re-release of Evermeet: Island of Elves, you people would probably not hear from me for a long time: I would be unconscious in front of my desk, basking in mindless elation...

Sigh...until then....

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000