Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Echon, et al
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2003 :  23:52:31  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
WHEEEEEEET!!!!

The ceiling opens up and drops confetti and fireworks* over Echon.

A magically amplified voice anounces "CONGRATULATIONS TO ECHON, OUR THIRD LEARNED SCRIBE!!!"

====================================
* It's just an illusion, Alaundo, don't worry about the books . . . .

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.

Edited by - Bookwyrm on 15 Mar 2003 17:42:55

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2003 :  01:52:03  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Echon!

Your contributions are noted and appreciated by at least this scribe.

It is nice to have a counterpoint to one's opinion. (As you so often seem to provide me with)

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2003 :  05:55:17  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Which means he's just spoiling for an argument.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2003 :  07:35:54  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hahahaha.

Why, thank you kind scribes, I had not expected this in the least. As far as I remember, only Mumadar was mentioned here when he becaome one of the learned. Did anyone mention Rad when he reached the 350 posts?

*brushes off a load of confetti from his shoulders and hair whilst trying to talk without getting confetti in his mouth*

You do not feel that you in particular are being targeted by me, do you Artalis? Surely such is not my intention.

-Echon

"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2003 :  08:20:32  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Echon!!

Welcome to the chamber of Learned Scribes! The ale is much better in here

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2003 :  08:23:51  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I sure hope so. My throat is rather dry after all the talking I have been through to get here.

-Echon

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2003 :  08:33:07  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

Indeed congratulations are in order Echon! Well done on reaching the position of Learned Scribe. Your posts have been very imformative and interesting, its a pleasure to have you within the library.

Now get back to work and start reading those tomes!

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2003 :  10:12:52  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Echon

Did anyone mention Rad when he reached the 350 posts?

Actually, Mumadar gave him a little nudge to that effect when he reached that coveted rank . . . . Really just an aside, but I remember it because I was so squeeky-new to these hallowed halls that I had no idea what they were talking about . . . . It wasn't until later that I connected that with the stars by the names of so many scribes . . . . What can I say? I may be a dragon, but I'm also nearsighted . . . .

Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2003 :  10:59:17  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good contributions from Denmark (IIRC) and proof that 2nd edition isn't dead.

Congrats, and welcome to the brotherhood ... Now we need some sisters here, c'mon zemd, you're nearly there.
Go to Top of Page

Avaly
Acolyte

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2003 :  14:10:50  Show Profile  Visit Avaly's Homepage Send Avaly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
/pouts and looks at her small number, but smiles and looks at Echon's number

/cheers for Echon

Congrats on making Learned Scribe

Hail and Honor,
Avaly Nightstar
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2003 :  14:27:37  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations on being the 3rd learned scribe. I'm almost there, too.
Go to Top of Page

MidNight
Acolyte

Netherlands
43 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2003 :  11:58:08  Show Profile  Visit MidNight's Homepage Send MidNight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rad
The ale is much better in here

Midnight laughs merrily because of this remark while congratulating Echon. May your following days here only enrich your knowledge even more! Many thanks for sharing it with us.
Kind regards,
Midnight

Love magic for itself. Do not treat it just as a weapon to reshape the world to your will. True wisdom is knowing when not to use magic. Strive to use magic less as your powers develop, for often the threat or promise of its use outstrips is actual performance. Magic is an Art, the Gift of the Lady, and those who wield it are privileged it the extreme. Conduct yourself humbly, not proudly, while being mindful of this. Use the Art deftly and efficiently, not carelessly and recklessly. Seek always to learn and create new magic.

Edited by - MidNight on 13 Mar 2003 11:58:56
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2003 :  18:08:07  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well done Echon! That makes three... What the next step?
Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2003 :  19:04:48  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congradulations, Echon. I can only hope to be joining you all soon.

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page

The_Mirt
Acolyte

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2003 :  19:55:03  Show Profile  Visit The_Mirt's Homepage Send The_Mirt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dont really know you yet, but Congrats.

*RP*

Congrats on making Learned Scribe. *Slides Echon a pouch with a hunnered Gold* Keep up the good work *wink*
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2003 :  23:34:57  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, right now it's a lithium club . . . but looks like soon it'll upgrade to beryllium . . . .

Oops, wrong universe. Subatomic physics jokes don't work here . . . .

Edited by - Bookwyrm on 14 Mar 2003 12:26:02
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2003 :  07:49:48  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yup, sure enough, it's a beryllium club! Welcome, my fellow dragon!

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2003 :  17:46:31  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, everyone, quick now! We need to reset everything so that we can do it all over again for Drummer Boy . . . er, no wait, Zemd. No, it's Drummer Boy . . . Now they're tied!

[Bookwyrm looks down at the name banner, then throws it down in disgust.]

Dang it! How can I get ready for the congratualtory party if I don't know who the next one will be????

Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2003 :  17:53:43  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Okay, everyone, quick now! We need to reset everything so that we can do it all over again for Drummer Boy . . . er, no wait, Zemd. No, it's Drummer Boy . . . Now they're tied!

Dang it! How can I get ready for the congratualtory party if I don't know who the next one will be????

Yay! *Dances around in circles* I'm the next learned scribe!
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2003 :  17:56:07  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[A page hurries through the door, runs up to Bookwyrm, and hands him a message.]

Okay, everyone! Drummer Boy is the fifth Learned Scribe! Now, we need to change all of this to reflect that, and we have to do it before he--

[Drummer Boy walks in, radiating excitement at his acheivement.

Dang it! Caught with my party down. Aw, heck with it. Congratulations, Drummer Boy.

Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2003 :  20:22:16  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My my my there certainly some talkative folks here at Candlekeep

Congratulations Zemd and Drummerboy!! Learned Scribes abound now it seems.

**sigh**

It will be awhile for me, It seems I don't have as much to say as everyone else.

I'll have to do some reading.

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Jalapeno
Acolyte

Turkey
9 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2003 :  21:03:34  Show Profile  Visit Jalapeno's Homepage Send Jalapeno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gratz

Don't think! Use your insticts.
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2003 :  23:18:18  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only thing that made me post is you all guys... after all what the point of writing if no one read and answer you?
And i hope that you understand what i want to say... <zemd goes back to her english lessons>
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2003 :  07:23:19  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zemd

The only thing that made me post is you all guys...

Translation: "I'd like to thank the Academy . . . ."

Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2003 :  09:05:59  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

ROFLMAO

Congratulations Drummer Boy and zemd, welcome to the hall of Learned Scribes...... watch out though, Alaundo gives you even MORE tomes to read!

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2003 :  09:12:32  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

quote:
Originally posted by Rad
Congratulations Drummer Boy and zemd, welcome to the hall of Learned Scribes...... watch out though, Alaundo gives you even MORE tomes to read!

..and indeed congratulations are in order. Welcome to the Grand Hall of Learned Scribes, Drummer Boy and zemd, now if I can just show you both to your new desks....

::leads the two over to larger ornate desks, a fine quill and ink pot looks quite inadequate next to the three foot high piles of scrolls and tombs surrounding the desks::

Well, you didnt think your advancement to the next level of Scribe would be easy did you?!

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Edited by - Alaundo on 16 Mar 2003 09:13:14
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2003 :  11:03:18  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Zemd proudly goes to her new desk
But when she sees the huge pile of scrolls

"Well... Alaundo, it's always a pleasure to work here... but when we'll be more than learned scribe will we have MORE work???"

zemd waits for the answer, preparing herself to run
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2003 :  17:49:27  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations zemd and Drummer Boy. Follow me and I shall lead to the secret Learned Scribes-only-forum where *all* the fun is going on...

-Echon

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2003 :  18:27:52  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well Met

quote:
Originally posted by Rad

..and indeed congratulations are in order. Welcome to the Grand Hall of Learned Scribes, Drummer Boy and zemd, now if I can just show you both to your new desks....

::leads the two over to larger ornate desks, a fine quill and ink pot looks quite inadequate next to the three foot high piles of scrolls and tombs surrounding the desks::

Well, you didnt think your advancement to the next level of Scribe would be easy did you?!

Drummer Boy walks over to his desk, but upon seeing the numerous piles of scrolls and tomes, he says, "Well, I would really love to start looking through these scrolls and tomes, but...I, er...better check out the Learned Scribes-Only Forum Echon was talking about!" Then he runs off after Echon before Alaundo can say anything.
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2003 :  12:27:50  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yee-haw... two more learned scribes... Oghma's disciples increase by the day. Congratulations madam ze DM and Drummerboy.
May we see many more post to come... 10k posts is an easy target for our combined effort, how about 100k posts...?
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2003 :  16:11:40  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
10k post... you think it's the next target? It'll be long (for me anyway), and don't talk about 100k!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000