Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 My new email adress
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

king-tiax
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2003 :  20:21:32  Show Profile  Visit king-tiax's Homepage Send king-tiax a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi every body, Just here to inform you My new email adress is thendrax@yahoo.co.uk

See ya, Tiax (Thendrax)

My name is Tiax, I would ask yours but I don't care to become aquainted with the dead.

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2003 :  20:33:25  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote

-Echon

"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2003 :  05:51:56  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's him! He's returned! He's alive!

Welcome back, Your Low-- I mean, Your Majesty. () I don't know if we've been properly introduced, but that might be a good thing with that signature of yours . . . .

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2003 :  14:22:08  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back, Tiax! (Somehow I have a feeling you'll be gone again very soon, though.)
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  15:55:49  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tiax didn't leave us. I sent him an email to know what he became. He answered that he didn't have Internet at home anymore, so he only check his emails in a cyber cafe... which means : no time for candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Rekindin
Acolyte

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  17:59:33  Show Profile  Visit Rekindin's Homepage Send Rekindin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When did he leave?

Please let me be your good part of your day
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  22:26:19  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
March the 4th, it was his last post.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2003 :  03:27:47  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No Internet at home?????

Oh, the inhumanity. How could anyone survive???

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2003 :  12:49:20  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I only have Internet since November! And i could live without it... Now it could be a little harder
It's incredible how much info you can get!
BTW for the ones who understand french, it's a really funny site
And this one is also hilarious
Go to Top of Page

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2003 :  19:59:39  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've had the internet for a few years and I can't go without it for a day unless I"m banned from it by my parents. I go through computer withdrawl after only a few hours.

May Melkor smile upon every spell you cast.
Go to Top of Page

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2003 :  22:51:39  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh I know I'm gonna get talking to from Bookwyrm for this but...in all truth, I can definitely live without the internet. My parents hate the fact that I spend hours before I go to bed every night on the computer. And my step dad absolutely hates computers so if he ever got a chance, I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate to get rid of it. (but my mom puts a hex on that because she uses it too. Gotta love moms! ). But I definitely know that my friend from school Mina just can't live without it and another friend of mine Enielis (I so didn't spell that right) lives without the internet. But him and his brother have DnD to keep themselves occupied for the most part.

"What's that," asked Mogget.
"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

"What you made a vampire...Pomeranian?!" --Hannibal King from Blade Trinity

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2003 :  06:36:10  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, Sadon. I hate to disapoint you, but you get no talking-to (on this subject anyway!). I think that you use something too much if you can't live without it. I freely admit I can't live without my computer, much less the Internet. By my own definition, I'm addicted.

I've only been using it in any real form for four years (or so), but it grew and grew. I didn't know how bad it was until the computer went to the shop one time. Boy, was I bad off. I was joking that I was going through computer withdrawal, but that was pretty much true.

I do everything on a laptop, it seems. I take it to school, for notes and in-class work. I write on it, both papers and stories. I even read on it, if I've got an electronic copy. Research on the Internet. Science. Mythology. History. For fun or work.

My life. Reduced to ones and zeros.

So. No talk, Sadon . . . no talk.

Go to Top of Page

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2003 :  07:30:09  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All right then. That works for me. Lol.

"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2003 :  08:07:45  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't like at all reading on pdf. At the end my eyes are crying. A good book, a real one with ink and paper... that's what i love
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2003 :  08:25:14  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, I hate PDF. Very annoying -- shouldn't be used, I think. I read all of mine in either WP or IE. (And I change the background, etc.) I'm not saying that I prefer it -- I don't. I like paper. Physical-ness, right in your hands. It was just an example.

Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2003 :  16:10:32  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And the smell of an old book... what's better (maybe smell of hot chocolate)
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2003 :  19:44:53  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The smell of baking pizza, that's what. With extra cheese and basil in the crust . . . Italian spices and onion flakes in the sauce . . . .

<--drool

'Scuse me. I need to find my oven mitts.

Go to Top of Page

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2003 :  19:52:25  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zemd

And the smell of an old book... what's better (maybe smell of hot chocolate)

What's better? How about the smell of a new book? Lol. I'm sure Lost Elph might agree with me here. Other than that maybe the smell of one of my mom's yummy cakes cooking in the oven. And she made one last night. lol.

Abhorsen by Garth Nix

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2003 :  23:28:13  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of cookies, where's Frey?
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2003 :  05:13:28  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Frey is, well... busy elsewhere.

Maybe someday the delightful cookies and conversations will return.

For now I/we will just have to wait...

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000