Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Echon, et al
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2003 :  17:04:18  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think he was talking about post IDs . . . the most recent one before I started typing this was Post #7591, so unless someone posts before I finish this, it'll be #7592. He was joking that geting up to #10000 would be easy for all the new Learned Scribes. In other words, you six would be doing the large share of the work.

But if you're lucky, I might write a few more of my trademark wordy posts! (Boy, what are the odds of that? )

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.

Edited by - Bookwyrm on 17 Mar 2003 18:16:20
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2003 :  18:39:36  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's good to have a lot of post... but if it's full of gibberish, that's not very useful. Making a lot of post doesn't mean you share a lot of knowledge
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2003 :  20:30:50  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zemd

It's good to have a lot of post... but if it's full of gibberish, that's not very useful. Making a lot of post doesn't mean you share a lot of knowledge

That applies to some, mostly former, members.

-Echon

"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2003 :  19:46:22  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Hmmm ..."

zemd stands up, and wait for silence to come

"If i say capital B?"
"And then 'someone that talks a lot'"
"And precious metal"
"And Finally 'LEARNED SCRIBE'"

Welcome among us Bookwyrm!

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2003 :  20:25:39  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

Ahhhh, another Learned Scribe! The carpenters can hardly keep up making these new desks at such a rapid rate Congratulations Bookwyrm, youve earned it well.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2003 :  22:08:39  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome amongst us Bookwyrm The tomes sure are thicker and heavier in here!

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2003 :  02:16:51  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[Bookwyrm casts feather weight on the huge tome Echon is carrying.]

Thank you all . . . Poems from Zemd, praise from Alaundo . . . ah, life is good.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2003 :  10:43:40  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Life is good, but there's still some dusting, collecting and archiving to be done... And of course some partying in the Inn...

Congrats Bookwyrm!
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2003 :  11:51:09  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the assistance with this cumbersome tome, Bookmyrm, and welcome to the Halls of the Learned.

-Echon

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

MidNight
Acolyte

Netherlands
43 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2003 :  13:01:30  Show Profile  Visit MidNight's Homepage Send MidNight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, Drummer Boy, zemd and Bookwyrm!
May your knowledge only expand more here. Thank you for sharing it with us!

(edit: I was having some capitalproblems. Now, we wouldn't want that, would we? ) Enjoy being learned, all

Love magic for itself. Do not treat it just as a weapon to reshape the world to your will. True wisdom is knowing when not to use magic. Strive to use magic less as your powers develop, for often the threat or promise of its use outstrips is actual performance. Magic is an Art, the Gift of the Lady, and those who wield it are privileged it the extreme. Conduct yourself humbly, not proudly, while being mindful of this. Use the Art deftly and efficiently, not carelessly and recklessly. Seek always to learn and create new magic.

Edited by - MidNight on 19 Mar 2003 13:05:50
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2003 :  19:34:27  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MidNight

(edit: I was having some capitalproblems. Now, we wouldn't want that, would we? )

Well, this phrase is a little bit obscur to me
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2003 :  19:38:01  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
CAPITOL letters are big letters, she was referring to you and Bookwyrm.

-Echon

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  02:06:09  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else noticed that Zemd is now the second-ranked scribe? She sure has been busy . . .

Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  02:56:48  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Has anyone else noticed that Zemd is now the second-ranked scribe? She sure has been busy . . .

I thought Mithril Dragons were supposed to be silvery not green...

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  02:58:05  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not jealous. Much.

Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  11:59:56  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Artalis
I thought Mithril Dragons were supposed to be silvery not green...

*LOL*

-Echon

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000