Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Create Udoxias Epic Power Creation
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Berwick
Acolyte

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2006 :  06:29:20  Show Profile Send Berwick a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well, I hope this is the right place to stick this. If not, I would appreciate any assistance from the moderators in advance, thank you.

I am moving this here, so that we do not hijack the Ask Ed Bonny scroll. This is of most importance because he ROCKS! and I don't want to be rude.

Anyhow, I am seeking the development of the Create Udoxias Epic Power to "flesh" out some concepts that are put out in this scroll: http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3806&whichpage=8.

So, anyway, here we go:

quote:
Octa said: I think that in terms of Epic magic/epic psionics you would replace Know (Arcana) with Know (Psionics) and Spell Craft with PsiCraft.

I would just use the Mythal seed from LEoF, as my base for design with the Mythal in this case being the Area covered by the Udoxia's power and Anchored to the Udoxia Stone or Crystal. Maybe give some kind of Mitigating factor to describe the cost of the Giant Crystal.

Then I would just put in the Psionic Powers I wanted just like they were (I'm zoning on the correct name) vanguard powers? Can't remember but there is a cost reduction if you only make them available to Casters/Manifesters of a certain background. But the cost should be the same for Psionic Powers of Level blah blah blah being equal with spells of level x. And just go from there.

The major costs are usually (at least if you decide to use the Mythal seed) taken up in making the area covered bigger and by putting in Prevalent Powers. Most of what Ed talked about in the Udoxias section of Candlekeep could be done without including any prevalent powers.

I believe you could also include special powers only useable by priests of Auppenser this way as well.

Or you could just try and use the Ward seed but I think this would get too expensive too quick.

Unlike the Udoxia write up this doesn't include any caveat for taking away a power of the same level.

Anways, if I get some extra time I'll take a look at the Udoxia description again and stat one out. The Epic magic rules are really pretty simple and elegant once you get the hang of them.

Then:

quote:
Octa also said: If you wanted to have something cover a big area and not have any prevalent powers you might want to double the base radius of the Mythal seed, call it a Udoxia seed and remove the ability for the Udoxia to have prevalent Powers, with it just arointing and Vanguarding some powers.

So................

My current question would be this, would I incur the wrath of the Helmite Department of Copyright Proctectors if I posted said Udoxia seed and what not here, as it would technically be homegrown stuff?

I apologize for the rambling....I am so excited about all this, and Ed Bonny has ignited my imagination here....my wife can't wait for me to calm down!

Thanks, and let the games begin.

Berwick

Mod edit: Moved to the correct shelf .

Edited by - The Sage on 28 Mar 2006 06:33:06
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000