Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Need information on Lizardking Demon Prince
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vainelus
Seeker

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2006 :  16:32:22  Show Profile  Visit Vainelus's Homepage Send Vainelus a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anyone know where I can find some detailed information on Sess'innek? I am looking for a physical description. I have the Serpent Kingdom and have read the information presented in that supplement, but Sess'innek was left out of the deities section. Probably because he is a Demon Prince, however he is not detailed in the Book of Vile Darkness. Is there a second edition supplement that he is detailed in?

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2006 :  16:37:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Page 102 of Monster Mythology offers up half a page including an avatar description; I don't know if there's anything in any PS source on fiends or in another source I overlooked.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2006 :  01:06:55  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also see On Hallowed Ground.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Vainelus
Seeker

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2006 :  06:43:26  Show Profile  Visit Vainelus's Homepage Send Vainelus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the information Arivia and Sage, I think this is the first time that I have actually used my monster mythology book other than for a paper weight.
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2006 :  02:28:17  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vainelus

Thanks for the information Arivia and Sage, I think this is the first time that I have actually used my monster mythology book other than for a paper weight.

Shame on you.
I used it plenty for the names of the gods of the various races.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Vainelus
Seeker

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2006 :  18:57:26  Show Profile  Visit Vainelus's Homepage Send Vainelus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have found in the past that second edition realms supplements such as Cult of the Dragon, Faith and Avatars, Demihuman deities, Giantcraft, Drow of the Underdark, Elves of Evermeet etc. have more detail information than the Monster Mythology. The deities for all the player races I feel are better detailed in the realms source books. Not to mention the underdark deities, and dragon deities all have more detailed information in those sources. Also the information presented in Monster mythology tends to be more focused on avatar stats than useful information about religious traditions of the monster races. Since, I do not choose to have my PCs battle avatars regularly. I have found the book not very valuable. I found the information presented in Serpent Kingdoms about Lizard Kings interesting and wanted to have a statue of the Lizard Kings deity in a temple that my PCs were investigating. Fortunately, an exceptionally brief description is included of Sess'inek before stating the avatar in monster mythology. Other than what Sess'inek looks like, Serpent Kingdoms has provide all the lore about him and his doings. I actually was very disappointed in the two paragraphs that Monster Mythology provides "detailing" Sess'inek before stating his avatar. But it is nice to hear that the book has been a valuable tool in your game warlockco.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2006 :  01:48:07  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vainelus

I have found in the past that second edition realms supplements such as Cult of the Dragon, Faith and Avatars, Demihuman deities, Giantcraft, Drow of the Underdark, Elves of Evermeet etc. have more detail information than the Monster Mythology.
While I do agree... it is "lite" on details, Monster Mythology is perfect for "drop-in" references for campaigns... especially when you just looking for something briefly detailed and for immediate use.

But for all other deity lore and more in-depth coverage... I never fail to turn to the "Big Deity Three" (Faiths & Avatars, Powers & Pantheons and Demihuman Deities) in FR .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 28 Mar 2006 01:49:21
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000