Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Netheril mages : the still-living and the undead
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

silvermage
Seeker

77 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2006 :  00:36:31  Show Profile  Visit silvermage's Homepage Send silvermage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

I was reading about Aumvor the Undying in the 2E Lords of Darkness book, and I would like to know more about him. CoR stands for ... ?

Where is Opus nowadays? That was the domain of Chever the Penguin Arcanist, pushed into another plan by Selune at the same time Shar shoved Shade into Hell. Opus would be chock full o' Netherese Arcanists, too.

Minor details are provided on Opus anyway, but I wonder how well would Opus Arcanists match up against Shade Arcanists. It is mentioned there is a way to return Opus to Faerun, only for a final deathshowdown with Shade Enclave which may finally erase the true last vestiges of surviving Netherese civilisation.
Go to Top of Page

Telies
Acolyte

Australia
1 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2006 :  13:51:56  Show Profile  Visit Telies's Homepage Send Telies a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This being my first post, I would like to express my wonder and gratitude to all those who have made this incredible lore repository possible. I am very very new to the Realms, but the sages and librarians here have brought Faerun to life for me most vividly.

Onto my question:

Those Netherese who became Shades during their sojourn in the Plane of Shadow- was this by a process similar to Toril archmagii becoming liches? Thus Netheres Shade Princes would be considered undead?
Or should they be considered "plane-touched", and thus be classified as outsiders?

My thanks in advance!
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11734 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2006 :  15:37:42  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
>>young miss bleth was no ordinary vampire: she could live on blood, and she felt the >>usual "flush" while feasting, but she abhorred the act. instead, she thrived on love: at >>least once every tenday, she needs someone new to fall in love with her.

I love this idea. I wonder, does she acquire more "feeding" if one lover kills the other in a fit of rage. I once used a variant vampire who had to burn things (a vampyre). I got the idea when I read the stat block for a vampyre in the undermountain stuff (though I never saw the original monster entry, so the "official" creature could be vastly different). I had him be a painter who was turned, and now he can no longer paint without burning his work, so now he has become a disturbed artist of fiery death.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2006 :  16:38:03  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Telies

This being my first post, I would like to express my wonder and gratitude to all those who have made this incredible lore repository possible. I am very very new to the Realms, but the sages and librarians here have brought Faerun to life for me most vividly.

Onto my question:

Those Netherese who became Shades during their sojourn in the Plane of Shadow- was this by a process similar to Toril archmagii becoming liches? Thus Netheres Shade Princes would be considered undead?
Or should they be considered "plane-touched", and thus be classified as outsiders?

My thanks in advance!

They are outsiders and or extraplanars, not undead. Lord Shadow even wants to turn into a lich. It's a brief line in one of the 3e sourcebooks.... I wanna say Lords of Darkness.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2006 :  16:59:48  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:
Originally posted by Telies

Onto my question:

My thanks in advance!

They are outsiders and or extraplanars, not undead. Lord Shadow even wants to turn into a lich. It's a brief line in one of the 3e sourcebooks.... I wanna say Lords of Darkness.

It is in Lords of Darkness -- pg. 82 -- under the "High Prince" entry.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 26 Aug 2006 17:00:49
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2006 :  18:16:11  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

CoR = Champions of Ruin.

As for Opus, check our Lost Empires of Faerun for those details and the older 2e Netheril: Empire of Magic.

Sorry to have taken so long to thank you for this info, Sage, but thanks. The computer system I usually use went blooey for several weeks and the amount of data needing to be sorted seems to have increased exponentially, not arithmetically.

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

Na-Gang
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
348 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2006 :  12:34:38  Show Profile  Visit Na-Gang's Homepage Send Na-Gang a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

The City of Opus/Selunarra is in the Gates of the Moon

Hello yes please, what is ^this. I assume it's another plane-shifted Netherese City which moved to Selune's Plane but is there any more info?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2006 :  13:10:33  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Na-Gang

quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

The City of Opus/Selunarra is in the Gates of the Moon

Hello yes please, what is ^this. I assume it's another plane-shifted Netherese City which moved to Selune's Plane but is there any more info?

Did you see my reply above?

If not, here it is again -

quote:

As for Opus, check out Lost Empires of Faerun for those details and the older 2e Netheril: Empire of Magic.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Na-Gang
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
348 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2006 :  13:29:28  Show Profile  Visit Na-Gang's Homepage Send Na-Gang a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Did you see my reply above?

Yeah, sorry. I posted that in a rush before having to go out, without reading the 2nd page.

Sorry everybody...
Go to Top of Page

Wizbane
Acolyte

36 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2006 :  15:25:50  Show Profile  Visit Wizbane's Homepage Send Wizbane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
mmmhh..does the "Old One" in the High Moor region (from Dragons of Faerun) count as a netherese wizard to be included in the checklist? I think he should.

I don't even try to spell his name out of my memory tough. C..??

Wizbane
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2006 :  21:14:57  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wizbane

mmmhh..does the "Old One" in the High Moor region (from Dragons of Faerun) count as a netherese wizard to be included in the checklist? I think he should.

I don't even try to spell his name out of my memory tough. C..??

Wizbane

Does my old buddy, The Terraseer, count, too? I think he (it?) could personally kick Shade back where it came from if he hadn't gone into hibernation a few years ago. Just wait a couple of centuries for him to wake up again ... then ... pow! ... "Straight to Selune, Alice!"

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000