Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Peek-a-boo
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Winthrop
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2003 :  09:24:15  Show Profile  Visit Winthrop's Homepage Send Winthrop a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Walking past the Candlekeep Inn, the attentive traveler notices one of the shutters slightly ajar. Peeking into the still closed inn, the traveler can see a burly man, wearing a typical innkeepers apron, busy waxing, cleaning and rearranging some furniture by the light of several wall sconces. As of yet unlit candles decorate each table.

Apparently satisfied with the new arrangement of the tables and chairs, the man straightens and stretches while mopping his forehead with a cloth. Suddenly he turns and looks straight at the traveler. The innkeep's dark eyes glint with a little humor as he approaches the window, a pleasant and friendly smile on his face.

"Sorry to disappoint you my friend, the inn is not open yet. Soon you'll be welcome in this place for a drink, a bite and to swap tales of derring-do and high-adventure."

With a wink the innkeeper reaches for the shutters and draws them close again.

Edited by - Winthrop on 26 Feb 2003 15:36:01

Ryle Ravenwood
Acolyte

0 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2003 :  16:42:35  Show Profile  Visit Ryle Ravenwood's Homepage Send Ryle Ravenwood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A cloaked figure approaches the Inn, Lithe and as if walking on air his focus only on the Inn as people watch his passing with curiosity.

:Knock::Knock:He steps back and waits at the door, the hood of his cloak still drawn over his face.

Still waiting he grumbles to himself "The man askes me be his security to keep the ruffians out, i'd say this door will do nicely!!"

Now waiting for Winthrop to finish whatever it is hes doing Ryle props himself against a tree and enjoys the fresh air pondering what this next chapter in his life will bring him.
Go to Top of Page

Winthrop
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2003 :  16:53:28  Show Profile  Visit Winthrop's Homepage Send Winthrop a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some vague grumbling comes from inside the inn;

"...The closed sign is up, can't people read anymore in this library..."

Followed a couple of moments later by the rattling sounds of keys. The grating of a key inside a lock indicating the right key has been inserted, the door opens a little.

"Sorry, we're clo... Ah Ryle, it's you..."

The door opens wider to let the man in. For those passersby who have the opportunity to catch a glimpse of the inn's interior, they can see a well lit fire burning in the hearth, and a waft of copper polish, and wax drifts briefly through the air.

"...c'mon in, I'll pour ye one on the house."

With a solid thud the door closes behind the cloaked figure, blocking the view of the interior once more...
Go to Top of Page

Liliana
Acolyte

8 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2003 :  19:16:00  Show Profile  Visit Liliana's Homepage Send Liliana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An attractive young woman approaches slowly the Inn, looking around here. :knock :knock

"... Hi, i'm new here. Is the Candlekeep Inn here? I know that a waitress is needed, i'm new at this job but i promise i'll do my best"

As Liliana speaks her face blushs... is it the emotion or is she shy?

Liliana
Candlekeep Inn Waitress

Edited by - Liliana on 26 Feb 2003 19:16:41
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2003 :  20:46:06  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Winthrop Candlekeep Inn Innkeeper.

Ye need not say it twice, I heard ye already.

-Echon

"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Winthrop
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2003 :  08:48:26  Show Profile  Visit Winthrop's Homepage Send Winthrop a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The sound of a chair being shoved back as well as a tankard being put down on a table comes from within the inn.

"...neah remain seated Ryle, I'll get the door..."

The jingling sound of keys on a chain approaches the door accompanied by unhurried footsteps. With a little grating the lock releases its catch and the door opens a little.

"Yes?"

Dark eyes take in the slightly blushing figure in front of the door and glance briefly at the skeletal figure nearby.

"A waitress... hmmm... please come in and we'll discuss further."

Again the door closes solidly after the young woman enters the establishment, the sound of a key in the lock once more indicating the place is closed until further notice.
Go to Top of Page

lowtech
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2003 :  17:51:04  Show Profile  Visit lowtech's Homepage Send lowtech a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Help! How do I create a second account from the same email address?
(I don't call myself 'lowtech' for nothing...)
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2003 :  19:36:29  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

quote:
Originally posted by lowtech
Help! How do I create a second account from the same email address?
(I don't call myself 'lowtech' for nothing...)

Unfortunately, you cannot create another account using the same email address. Each member name must have a unique email. If this would be a problem for you them please email me.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: