Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 I`m new...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lost Elph
Seeker

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2002 :  06:44:26  Show Profile  Visit Lost Elph's Homepage Send Lost Elph a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hiy I`m new and I`ll most likely going to be asking for help a lot. ^-^' umm...well...a little about myself well I like to draw....ya...oh!!! Does anyone know what Finder/Nameliss Bard looks like? I would like to try and draw a pic of him.

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2002 :  10:01:21  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello there Lost Elph,

I hope you stay here is long a prosperous. I'm not quite sure what you mean by a Finder Bard I'm afraid though.

Regards,

TDM

- TDM (Candlekeep's most popular, experienced and handsome member)
Go to Top of Page

Exilion
Seeker

60 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2002 :  11:07:12  Show Profile  Visit Exilion's Homepage Send Exilion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings Lost Elph

I am Exilion, a scribe that is learning from the kings and scribes from all of Faerun. I hope that you like Candlekeep, Faerun holds many secrets.

Bring forth power unto my reign
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2002 :  11:25:05  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met Lost Elph

Welcome to Candlekeep! Feel free to ask for as much help as you want, im sure the many scribes within will be happy to lend a helping hand.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Tyreal Nyquis
Acolyte

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2002 :  16:54:42  Show Profile  Visit Tyreal Nyquis's Homepage Send Tyreal Nyquis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail, Sir Elph! Welcome to Candlekeep I am sure you will found boundless knowledge and perhaps even more within these walls provided you are willing to be patient and persistent. Enjoy your stay and learn much.

Finder Bard? I would help if I but knew of what you speak. Perhaps you can enlighten me more upon this topic.

"Spells are highly overrated. I mean, you spend half your life shut up in a dusty tower pouring over unitelligible tomes and for what? A few gloriful moments on the battlefield and a permanent case of eye strain." - Tyreal Ny'quis of Sigil
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2002 :  20:01:10  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candelkeep, Lost Elph. I you ever feel lost here just speak out and we shall come to your rescue. Who is this Finder/Nameliss Bard you speak of, is he perhaps a character in a book.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2002 :  02:23:56  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Lost Elph,

I hope you find everything you are looking for... Let this give you a start.

Finder Wyvernspur a former Harper now known as the Nameless Bard.

"Finder Wyvernspur, always arrogant, seemed to have
turned to evil in his advancing age. Searching
for a way to immortalize his songs, he dabbled
in magic that brought about the deaths, of two
of his apprentices. Appalled, local Harpers
called a tribunal of three senior Harpers:
Morala, priestess of Milil, Dundable Mistrin, a
druid dedicated to Silvanus, and Muoreth
Talanstar, a half-elven ranger who worshiped
Mielikki. By their verdict, these judges made it
clear to all that the Harpers would police their
own. The Code of the Harpers was not empty
words, but a creed that made Harpers different
from brigands and thieves, that all who had
dealings with them could rely on. Finder's
music and name were to be forgotten. Powerful
spells stripped the memory of the man's own
name from him, and the Nameless Bard was
exiled to a solitary existence on another plane a
sentence that would last almost 300 years."

The Code of the Harpers page 28

Artalis

Email

Edited by - Artalis on 22 Dec 2002 02:26:07
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2002 :  02:27:41  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums, Lost Elph. I hope you find the knowledge you seek here. Unfortunately I do not know anything about this Finder Bard. Perhaps another scribe will be glad to assist you.
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2002 :  02:38:42  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"In the days that followed, the senior Harpers
again set about rebuilding their organization.
The Nameless Bard (Finder Wyvernspur) reappeared
in the Realms, freed from his otherplanar
exile. Elminster, desperate to add some
muscle and experience to the Harper cause,
used his influence on Storm, Cylyria, and other
senior Harpers to have Finderís sentence
reviewed. Ultimately, the Harpers found themselves
battling the awakened god Moander. The
god was vanquished in the Realms, but his
defeat cost the lives of several Harpersóincluding,
it seemed, that of Finder Wyvernspur,
whose name and music the Harpers restored."

The Code of The Harpers page 37

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2002 :  00:59:11  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, well ...

We gott a real little harper boy here ;)

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2002 :  19:00:40  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the great halls of Candle Keep. Sadly, I know nothing of this Bard you seek. If I find anything about him (or her) later on, I'll be sure to post it and let you know.

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2002 :  19:51:07  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It seem Artalis has found the bard you were looking for.

Well met and welcome to this wonderful library.
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2002 :  13:42:38  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi! and welcome, i'm sorry i didn't welcome you sooner but i was in hollidays to my grand parents house in an lost island where unfortunately they dind't have the Internet.

So welcome and if you need help i'll be glad to help you (or at least try to help you )
Go to Top of Page

The Dark Lord
Acolyte

Brazil
1 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2003 :  13:03:53  Show Profile  Visit The Dark Lord's Homepage Send The Dark Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finder Wyvernspur, aka the Nameless Bard and the creator of Alias of Westgate, is a very-high level bard, probably in the 20th levels or so. He is tall and slightly thin, tanned, with chiseled features such as high cheekbones and a strong jaw. He has medium-length brown hair, combed sideways ( kinda like Tom Cruise, or something), and stern green eyes. He appears to be a human male in his mid 40s. He has a goatee that is brown except for a strip of white starting just below his lower lip and down the middle of his chin. He wears several rings and noble clothes. On an important note: after the battle with Moander , Finder was infected with the god's tendrils of possesion, which have taken over his body so that all his innards will eventually be replaced by rotted vines and such. This process is evidenced by a flower which comes out of his left earhole, around his ear and stays on his hair as if it were just placed there cause its cute. Finder could have had the possession removed with a Remove Curse spell, but since it failed to control his mind (maybe because of his absurd pride , which is a very possible theory, or perhaps because the possession seeds misfired, who knows), he decided to keep it because it would allow him to live forever.

In case you are wondering: after killing Moander in the god's plane by diving into his body ( a HUGE pile of rotten stuff) wielding a dagger with a piece of para-elemental ice on the tip , Finder flew out into Tarterus and decided to travel around for as long as he felt like it, now that he was immortal. He hasn't been seen since then ( or so I believe.)

The tale of the Nameless Bard was told in the Finder's Stone Trilogy, a series of novels.

This was my first post, and hopefully not my last.
Hope it helped your drawing.

Dark Lord

P.S. I personally think that the Nameless Bard RULES

"
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2003 :  14:27:23  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Dark Lord

...He hasn't been seen since then ( or so I believe.)...

Actually, he has. The book Finder's Bane states that he is now a very minor god, due to having absorbed Moander's power (though he has not taken his place). In that book, he is described as having only two priests, and only a handful of followers. His portfolio, such as it is, mostly is in competition with other bard/music deities, though I think he leans more towards the advenuring/magic side of such things.

That's all I know, though, and I could be wrong. I haven't read that book in a while . . . .

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000