Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Dragons of Faerun
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  04:53:07  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Sigh,

Great, another item that Eric ignored when it was his own work since he wrote something different in Demihuman Deities, as we've discussed before, Dargoth. Since DD says she hid the wand, not destroyed.

I prefer to think of it as Eric setting the record straight and using the original FR material instead of using material from another setting.

However the Dragons of Faerun thread is not the place to continue this debate

Eric feel free to join us here

http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6999

If you want to join the "Great Orcus Debate"

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  04:55:33  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

quote:

Sigh,

Great, another item that Eric ignored when it was his own work since he wrote something different in Demihuman Deities, as we've discussed before, Dargoth. Since DD says she hid the wand, not destroyed.

I prefer to think of it as Eric setting the record straight and using the original FR material instead of using material from another setting.

However the Dragons of Faerun thread is not the place to continue this debate

Eric feel free to join us here

http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6999

If you want to join the "Great Orcus Debate"

And I'd prefer that WOTC stops ignoring thier own lore, especially when it's 3/3.5e FR lore or even 2e FR lore or 3/3.5e core and FR lore.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 03 Aug 2006 05:27:49
Go to Top of Page

Shemmy
Senior Scribe

USA
492 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  05:03:26  Show Profile  Visit Shemmy's Homepage Send Shemmy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Wohoo Eric correcteted the Wand of Orcus Story!

Garath is back to officially destroying the wand of Orcus tearing a massive hole in the Orcus come back story from Planescape (How can Kiaransalee hide the Wand of Orcus

Yay FR gets something regarding a planar topic completely wrong again! Weeee!

So it goes back to potential events in 1e's Throne of Bloodstone, and tries to rewrite history that has since been elaborated upon in 2e and 3e regarding Kiaransalee and Orcus's wand, and Orcus madly searching for his wand during his period as Tenebrous. Umm... this makes FR look dim.

Shemeska the Marauder, King of the Crosstrade; voted #1 best Arcanaloth in Sigil two hundred years running by the people who know what's best for them; chant broker; prospective Sigil council member next election; and official travel agent for Chamada Holiday specials LLC.

Edited by - Shemmy on 03 Aug 2006 05:04:40
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  05:07:22  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shemmy

Yay FR gets something regarding something planar completely wrong again! Weeee!

So it goes back to potential events in 1e's Throne of Bloodstone, and tries to rewrite history that has since been elaborated upon in 2e and 3e regarding Kiaransalee and Orcus's wand, and Orcus madly searching for his wand during his period as Tenebrous. Umm... this makes FR look dim.

You mean Eric purified the story and removed events caused by sloppy research done by the Planescape team (Who should have known that the Planescape Orcus story wouldnt work in the realms)

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  05:12:05  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

You mean Eric purified the story and removed events caused by sloppy research done by the Planescape team (Who should have known that the Planescape Orcus story wouldnt work in the realms)

No,

We mean that Eric, or whomever, ignored at least five or more recent sourcebooks and retconned away another event without a in game reason, which did exist in all the 2e to 3.5e events about Kiar and Orcus. Both from FR, Planescape, and Core.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Edited by - Kuje on 03 Aug 2006 05:15:03
Go to Top of Page

Archwizard
Learned Scribe

USA
266 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  05:12:25  Show Profile  Visit Archwizard's Homepage Send Archwizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
::Dodges the flaming chunks of disparate lore flying around::
Umm... I like the return of Tchazzar, always thought he was an interesting NPC/quasi-deity. I like how this updates parts of the Old Empires while making them seem less like their original Earth-like inspirations.
Go to Top of Page

Shemmy
Senior Scribe

USA
492 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  05:16:44  Show Profile  Visit Shemmy's Homepage Send Shemmy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

And in turn contradicting how many years of development on the story, including 3e references on the topic? It's just putting FR material at even greater odds with planar material. What are people going to trust, entire books from 2e covering the story of Orcus's death and search for his wand, and 3e material in the Manual of the Planes, Fiendish Codex I, etc that touch upon those events, or a few lines in an FR book. They'll likely assume the FR book botched something, or it's talking about bizarro Orcus or somesuch.

It's a bad idea that further estranges FR from mainline planar material.

(Though personally given the cheese factory that was H4, I'm content to happily dismiss things connected even vaguely with that from any firm contribution to planar lore. For the love of God, the series had a chain smoking Solar with a texan accent living in a fortress called El Amo, pardon me if I don't view it in a particularly pleasant light so far as using it as a primary source versus Dead Gods, DD, etc)

Shemeska the Marauder, King of the Crosstrade; voted #1 best Arcanaloth in Sigil two hundred years running by the people who know what's best for them; chant broker; prospective Sigil council member next election; and official travel agent for Chamada Holiday specials LLC.

Edited by - Shemmy on 03 Aug 2006 05:27:45
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  05:23:47  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And remember that it was in Demihuman Deities itself that Eric verified the Orcus/Kiaransalee story in the first place, as set up in Planescape.

Planescape Fanatic

"Fiends and Undead are the peanut butter and jelly of evil." - Me
"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  05:30:08  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GothicDan

And remember that it was in Demihuman Deities itself that Eric verified the Orcus/Kiaransalee story in the first place, as set up in Planescape.

Yes and Im left wondering whether Eric was told to make the DhD entry reflect the Orcus story purely because of the old "If it happaned anywhere it happaned everywhere" mantra that existed in 2ed

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Shemmy
Senior Scribe

USA
492 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  05:44:23  Show Profile  Visit Shemmy's Homepage Send Shemmy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Yes and Im left wondering whether Eric was told to make the DhD entry reflect the Orcus story purely because of the old "If it happaned anywhere it happaned everywhere" mantra that existed in 2ed

I hail your cynicism and raise you some jadedness, but only Eric can really answer that one.

But regardless, it'd be no worse than the 3e mantra of 'FR suddenly has a new cosmology and always has, there are no continuity issues because it's always been this way, really...'

Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  05:51:27  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If something happens to an entity itself - not an extension of the entity's energy - it BETTER WELL happen everywhere, if all of the cosmologies are in ANY way connected (which they are even in 3E).

The ridiculousness of dozens and hundreds of Orcus/Demogorgon/Loth/Asmodeus/etc. clones running around is just stupendously wrong.

Remember that planar entities are JUST as capable of using the Shadow Plane to go to "other cosmologies" as mortals are.

Planescape Fanatic

"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD

Edited by - GothicDan on 03 Aug 2006 05:53:35
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  06:01:06  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The ridiculousness of dozens and hundreds of Orcus/Demogorgon/Loth/Asmodeus/etc. clones running around is just stupendously wrong.

As well as the "carbon copies" of certain core planes (like the celestial planes) that just happen to also exist in the Great Tree (the new FR cosmology).

quote:
Though personally given the cheese factory that was H4, I'm content to happily dismiss things connected even vaguely with that from any firm contribution to planar lore. For the love of God, the series had a chain smoking Solar with a texan accent living in a fortress called El Amo...

What the...? Please tell me you're joking.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Swordsage
Learned Scribe

149 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  06:07:06  Show Profile  Visit Swordsage's Homepage Send Swordsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, Eric's version of events re the Wand of Orcus doesn't mesh with Planescape material? Thank the gods! Why should Planescape, Dragonlance, Cthulu or Bunnyworld material have any importance to a Realms campaign. Notice, I said "Realms" campaign. Planar stuff is so all-over the shop it should be ignored and disregarded. The abomination that was tieing the Realms in with whatever crackpot 2E lore that was floated by anyone on whatever line is now seemingly officially gone. Yay! Couldn't have happened soon enough. In terms of the Realms, the Wand of Orcus was destroyed. For all we know, in terms of the Realms, Kiaransalee may have 'thought' she stole the Wand but in truth this was a fake construct, created by the Prince of Undead for his own ends, or just about a zillion other possible "in the Realms" explanations. The planes are dead! Long live the Realms! Planescape stuff, in terms of its effects on the Realms, should be dead and buried. So nice to see it happening.

The Swordsage
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  06:08:42  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It doesn't mesh with FR lore, either.

And - wow. I've never seen so much hatred for a campaign setting. Planescape was made for those characters who wanted to adventure on the Planes. As simple as that.

And due to the fact that Multispheric deities were used, what happened in one world didn't necessarily have to affect the same deity in another world. So "in the Realms," Orcus's avatar or whatever could have had his Wand destroyed...

But the Orcus in the Abyss - when not in any other Crystal Sphere - recovered his.

Planescape Fanatic

Edited by - GothicDan on 03 Aug 2006 06:12:02
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  06:18:46  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Folks, let's dump the arguing about Orcus, and/or take it to another thread. This topic is about the Dragons of Faerűn sourcebook, not a place to rehash these years-old arguments about Orcus.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  06:22:03  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Folks, let's dump the arguing about Orcus, and/or take it to another thread. This topic is about the Dragons of Faerűn sourcebook, not a place to rehash these years-old arguments about Orcus.

I agree,

However, we are on topic since there is a part about Orcus in Dragons. :)

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  11:43:39  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I agree,

Questions on Orcus addressed in the Fate of Orcus thread.

So, no comments on the Dragonfall War and whether or not I succeeded in weaving into Realms history?

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  16:08:58  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

So, no comments on the Dragonfall War and whether or not I succeeded in weaving into Realms history?

--Eric

I was happily impressed with that section. I also liked how you dealt with the issue of Tiamat's and Bahamut's divinity. Well done!

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  16:18:57  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I was happily impressed with that section. I also liked how you dealt with the issue of Tiamat's and Bahamut's divinity. Well done!

Grayson Richardson gets a bit of credit for that idea. I liked his "drop to paragon/archvillain / bump back up to deity" explanation from the WotC boards a while back.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  16:39:18  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

--Eric

I like the rest and it seems to fit the lore, so good job Eric. Hell's, I'm just happy that the Plat Dragon is back, fixing that error so that'll hopefully end the "Is he really in FR or not?" arguments. :)

And yes, I know I'm hard to please but I like lore that makes sense from what has come before.

Edited by - Kuje on 03 Aug 2006 16:45:03
Go to Top of Page

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  16:56:36  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I enjoyed the excerpt too...very well done in meshing the 1st/2nd/3rd ed. canon together

my only dislike of the story is that it sets up yet another world-shaking event, the second Dragonfall War. Why couldn't someone have just left the dragon population low and slowly recovering to restore the mystique of Dragons back to the Realms?

This series of world-shaking events sparked by the conversion to 3rd Ed. is getting out of hand in my opinion

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

- High Mage of the Arcane Assembly
- Lore Keeper of the Vault of Ancestors
- 3rd Son of the Lord of the Stand
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  17:00:00  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

I agree,

--Eric

Actually, I think you did just fine.

It meshes nicely with what we already know -- which scores major points in my book -- and I might into drop it into my own campaign as a background-support piece.

Thanks Eric.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  17:18:12  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kalin agrivar

I enjoyed the excerpt too...very well done in meshing the 1st/2nd/3rd ed. canon together

my only dislike of the story is that it sets up yet another world-shaking event, the second Dragonfall War. Why couldn't someone have just left the dragon population low and slowly recovering to restore the mystique of Dragons back to the Realms?

This series of world-shaking events sparked by the conversion to 3rd Ed. is getting out of hand in my opinion

While I do see it becoming a major event and something that can have effects on the Realms, I don't see it as a Realms-Shaking Event. Just because the dragons are starting to fight each other again, it doesn't mean we'll see flights of dragons doing combat with each other, with fallen dragons and draconic blood raining across the land.

Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  17:35:33  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree fully with Sage and Wooly! Right now, I´m helping one of my players to create a cormyrian follower of torm that is a fighter with the draconic template. And when we look, here is that great excerpt of the book, linking so many interesting things of the Races of the Dragon tome in Faerűn with a very good touch of the authors.

And I simply love to see Tchazzar back! Of course, in my waterdep campaign, he´s being more sneaky yet, trying to free himself and his followers from the grasp of Tiamat. So many plot options.... I love it.

I´m seeing to many uses of that book in all my campaigns, and I want to thank Eric and Eytan to bring us a so marvelous work!

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  18:49:25  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly RupertWhile I do see it becoming a major event and something that can have effects on the Realms, I don't see it as a Realms-Shaking Event. Just because the dragons are starting to fight each other again, it doesn't mean we'll see flights of dragons doing combat with each other, with fallen dragons and draconic blood raining across the land.

it all depends how long the war goes for...naturally in a century or two there would be blood in the skies...but then again I would anticipate there would be magics involved to speed up the growth of the hatchlings (on both sides). To speed up the building of their forces I'd also anticipate a lot of breeding programs, as relatively a half-breed dragon matures in the fraction of the time as a full-blooded dragon (yeah, more half-dragons ), there is the spawn of Tiamat to consider too...she has been getting ready for that for a while. And then there is the human factor...human followers of Tiamat and Bahamut entering the holy war...that would cross national borders

I would see in the early war a lot of subterfuge and black operations as the two sides get ready and then the Tiamat forces making blitz-like attacks on major settlements in terror-attacks...the actual dragons will hold back from direct confrontation on the battlefield until whatever side feels they have the upper hand...but it would probably be Tiamat (evil) on the offensive and Bahamut (good) playing defense and cleanup

That is until the next band of adventures takes on the impossible task of stopping the war (thus the next novel line )

Bottom line is I see the war developing into a Rage-like event but being more deliberate and involving actual marching armies...hopefully in the novel storyline it would stick to either Unther or the Bloodstone Lands (where the Tiamat/Bahamut forces are strongest)

p.s. I do have a question about how the actual Babalon/Untheric powers felt how Bahamut was posing as their brother-power Marduk and how Bahamut was able to get on the divine barge (getting past Marduk) to come to Faerun with the other Mulhorandi/Untheric gods

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  20:22:49  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it's important to realize that most dragons are very wary of open conflict following the rage. Some will see this as an opportunity to get at their enemies while they are weak, but others will be very hesitant to to engage in a war with other dragons. Many are probably "licking their wounds" or working on damage control to ensure the stability of the sphere of influence. Others are moving forward on plots that began during the year, but with a greater amount of control over their decisions and actions. These different reactions may not prevent a war between dragons, but they are likely to make any fights much more careful.

http://eytanbernstein.com - the official website of Eytan Bernstein
Go to Top of Page

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2006 :  20:34:29  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EytanBernstein

I think it's important to realize that most dragons are very wary of open conflict following the rage. Some will see this as an opportunity to get at their enemies while they are weak, but others will be very hesitant to to engage in a war with other dragons. Many are probably "licking their wounds" or working on damage control to ensure the stability of the sphere of influence. Others are moving forward on plots that began during the year, but with a greater amount of control over their decisions and actions. These different reactions may not prevent a war between dragons, but they are likely to make any fights much more careful.

I would agree with that, it does make sense...I wouldn't expect the real war to start for at least half a century...other than small, covert actions against each other

I guess the real question will be when the real war will start, which I think would be determined by how many dragon eggs were taken by both sides, how long until the post-Rage hatchlings reach the right age to begin the war and (it just occured to me) how will Tiamat/Bahamut's servants raise this large amount of hatchlings...

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2006 :  05:41:14  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kalin agrivar

quote:
Originally posted by EytanBernstein

I would agree with that, it does make sense...I wouldn't expect the real war to start for at least half a century...other than small, covert actions against each other

I guess the real question will be when the real war will start, which I think would be determined by how many dragon eggs were taken by both sides, how long until the post-Rage hatchlings reach the right age to begin the war and (it just occured to me) how will Tiamat/Bahamut's servants raise this large amount of hatchlings...

I think you touched on something really important. Dragons are extremely long-lived creatures. While the rage caused them to be more impetuous and rash (on top of violent) than usual, now that they have returned to normal, most will not want to continue the violence and agression at full speed. Dragons are normally used to plotting their plans for decades, if not centuries. There will certainly be far-reaching consequences from the rage among dragons, but we may not see all of them for quite some time.

You also mentioned something very interesting about dragon eggs. There are some interesting things going on with eggs in the book, though you'll have to wait and see for more info.

http://eytanbernstein.com - the official website of Eytan Bernstein
Go to Top of Page

Na-Gang
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
348 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2006 :  11:17:53  Show Profile  Visit Na-Gang's Homepage Send Na-Gang a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ummm... during the ToT I'm sure in previous canon references (notably the intro to the novel The Alabaster Staff) that Tiamat slew Gilgeam, not the other way around as stated in that DoF excerpt from the Wizards site. Like, huh?

Otherwise, yay! Tchazzar's back! The player of the Chessentan cleric in my campaign is going to be a little concerned.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2006 :  12:47:36  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Na-Gang

Ummm... during the ToT I'm sure in previous canon references (notably the intro to the novel The Alabaster Staff) that Tiamat slew Gilgeam, not the other way around as stated in that DoF excerpt from the Wizards site. Like, huh?

Otherwise, yay! Tchazzar's back! The player of the Chessentan cleric in my campaign is going to be a little concerned.

Gilgream and Tiamat had 2 goes at each other in the first round during the time of troubles Gilgream won and Tiamats divinity was split up amongst 3 dragons however when the Time of Troubles ended and AO introduced his "You are only as powerful as the number of worshipers you have" rule Gilgream took hit in divine rank and Tiamat came back and killed him

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page