Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Hello
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2003 :  10:16:04  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hail!
I am new here and I have a large heavy tome to offer to Candlekeep. (Its just a little bashed and a wee bit blood stained!) Hopefully I will be able to spend time here perusing the books and learning a great deal from other scribes.
I've been playing 2nd Edition, and still am, for about 4 years now so I'm not very knowledgeable. About 90% of that time I have been a DM. The only time I got to be a player was when my friend offered to DM the Introduction to AD&D box set. The Newer one (I think). The one with Freedale!
Well any well met and I hope to hear some of your infinite knowledge

Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore-
While i nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
-The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2003 :  11:07:31  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Infinite eh? Hah, I guess ye've come to the right place then.

Welcome and well met Elrond, I'm sure you'll find answer to the questions ye might have regarding the game or the lore ye're seeking.

Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2003 :  11:29:54  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

Welcome to the great library Elrond Half Elven, I look forward to reading this large heavy tome of which you speak!

Enjoy your stay at Candlekeep, if I can be of any assistance then feel free to contact me.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Ranaghar Tsaran
Learned Scribe

Poland
133 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2003 :  13:34:14  Show Profile  Visit Ranaghar Tsaran's Homepage Send Ranaghar Tsaran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Elrond!!
I hope you will enjoy your stay. We will help you if we can...
Stay here as long as you can.

"Do not be afraid of greatness. Some achieve greatness, some are born great, and some have greatness thrust upon them..."
Go to Top of Page

Elminster
Acolyte

South Africa
9 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2003 :  13:51:29  Show Profile  Visit Elminster's Homepage Send Elminster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail and well met fair traveller...

Glad you have joined the fine weather and vast knowledge which is Candlekeep

Make thineself comfortable, join us by the fireside and tell of your travels adventurer

Enter no conflict against no fanatics unless you can defuse them. Oppose a religion with another religion only if your proofs (miracles) are irrefutable or if you can mesh in a way that the fanatics accept you as God-inspired. This has long been the barrier to science assuming a mantle of divine revelation. Science is so obviously man-made. Fanatics (and many are fanatic about one thing or another) must know where you stand, but more importantly, must recognise who whispers in your ear.
*Missionera Protectiva - Primray Teaching
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2003 :  17:02:23  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums, Elrond Half Elven. I hope you enjoy your stay in these walls of inf-, er..invincible...nomads. (letting you finish your quote again, Salius)
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2003 :  17:19:54  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome and Well Met Elrond

I hope you find what you are after.

If you need any help don't hesitate to holler.

(I know it's a library just make sure Alaundo isn't around before you yell)

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2003 :  20:00:22  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Origianally posted bo Drumme Boy
Welcome to the forums, Elrond Half Elven. I hope you enjoy your stay in these walls of inf-, er..invincible...nomads. (letting you finish your quote again, Salius)

Lol. Thank you once again , Drummer Boy (as i do love saying that)

Welcome,Elrond Half Elven, to these walls of infinite knowledge.

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2003 :  20:33:36  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As a lot said before me: WELCOME
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2003 :  21:17:14  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Salius_Kai

quote:
Origianally posted bo Drumme Boy

Lol. Thank you once again , Drummer Boy (as i do love saying that)

Welcome,Elrond Half Elven, to these walls of infinite knowledge.

You're welcome (again.) I need to think of my own phrase like that. Hmm...perhaps I can copy one from one of the tomes lying around.
Go to Top of Page

Creataceous
Acolyte

New Zealand
14 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2003 :  04:27:32  Show Profile  Visit Creataceous's Homepage Send Creataceous a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings fellow seeker of lore,

eccentric and esoteric knowledge is ensconced within the minds and hearts of your fellows, ask, and we will attempt to enlighten you to your satisfaction...

Creature
--------
Age does not always progenate experience, which does not always birth wisdom.
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2003 :  18:53:10  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Eldron of Rivendell. Enjoy your stay and grow wiser in the exchange of knowledge.

-Echon

"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

lowtech
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2003 :  20:15:29  Show Profile  Visit lowtech's Homepage Send lowtech a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elrond Half Elven

Hail!
The one with Freedale!

What's Freedale?
oh, and welcome. I usually don't greet people, but I consider all newcomers welcome additions to this forum. I just don't like saying the same thing over and over again.
Go to Top of Page

sushisauce
Seeker

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2003 :  04:13:05  Show Profile  Visit sushisauce's Homepage Send sushisauce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What more could I say?! Welcome!

Normal is what we choose it to be.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000