Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Selūne's guardians
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2005 :  00:18:56  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi,

As a side quest to my current campaign, the PCs (5 x level 13) will be sent to the Vale of Whispers by some Shar followers to destroy the "damned Selūne worshipers" that currently block access to it.

Background story : The shrine is located in the Graypeak moutains and I got the idea that some werebears leaded by a cleric/silverstar one could have found the shrine and then decided to block its access to Shar followers.

I'm trying to figure out how to set this up to be a good challenge and what other kinds of guardians could be used, etc.

Thanks for any suggestions/ideas.

Note : One of the PC is a follower (wizard/shadow adept) of Shar.

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2005 :  00:54:02  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about the Shards? They are basically Planatars though.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2005 :  01:09:41  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
CR16 is a bit much
Go to Top of Page

Darkheyr
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2005 :  07:10:09  Show Profile  Visit Darkheyr's Homepage Send Darkheyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wolves & Company, Clerics, RANGERS. Especially rangers. Selūnite rangers are fun.

If you don't mind bending what's allowed a bit, go for selūnite druids - always thought them fitting anyway. And it might surprise your players.

silm.pw - A Neverwinter Nights Persistent World
Go to Top of Page

Khaa
Seeker

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2005 :  13:23:43  Show Profile  Visit Khaa's Homepage Send Khaa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yea go for the druids.

Ever want another forum? Well try out www.icewinddale.com
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2005 :  22:48:43  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Planetars.. they are LG, the Shards are certainly CG.. There is a problem here :P
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2005 :  23:10:52  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

quote:

Planetars.. they are LG, the Shards are certainly CG.. There is a problem here :P

Hey, I only go by what the books say. "Servitors of Selune are planetars called shards," page 154 of the Player's Guide.

You could also use the lillends though.....

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2005 :  23:51:56  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Incorrect Planetars are ANY GOOD all of the Angels are any good

Archons are LG

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2005 :  03:45:05  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Hey, I only go by what the books say. "Servitors of Selune are planetars called shards," page 154 of the Player's Guide.

You could also use the lillends though.....

Could also use Eladrins.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2005 :  16:52:45  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry I was wrong with my Angels = LG.

My main guardian being a Werebear make me wonder about the HUGE strength of these animals (bears in general)..

Why a large "commoner" werebear have a bigger STR(28) than a Huge Tanar'ri Goristro STR(26) ?

Isn't a big strange ?

Edited by - Skeptic on 15 Nov 2005 16:55:57
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000